What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll toast a slice of bread, heat up some (homemade) sloppy joe mixture, and serve it on top the toasted bread. sliced cucumber and tomato with blue cheese salad dressing. and later in the evening, i'll have a slice of banana bread -- dessert! :yummy:
...and the same for tonight's dinner! :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, well...I didn't go shopping yesterday. Turns out I had a major Senior Moment. My check comes on the THIRD, not the FIRST of every month. Yeah, the first is tomorrow, but that's Sunday, so it would have been the Friday before. SO...tonight I'll be doing spaghetti. I'm scraping the bottom of my barrel. I actually have plenty of food left, it's just variety that is short right now.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DreamerRose DreamerRose , would some applesauce go well with/over the zucchini pancakes? :think:

muffy muffy , always challenging to clear out a fridge/freezer. :agree: but will be great once the new fridge arrives!! :bliss:

i'll make some pasta or rice, i'm leaning toward pasta, to go with the Mexican veggie and ground chicken casserole which i have a container of thawed in the fridge. a slice of banana bread later in the evening. :yummy:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like applesauce, but I fried them to crispy, and they weren't half bad. My big coup for the night was putting the corn in the microwave. I shucked it, buttered and seasoned it, then wrapped it in waxed paper and microwaved for 2 minutes. Fabulous! Perfect corn and no pot to wash.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, lunch was typical--milk milked on Friday and 2 eggs hatched yesterday, which is GREAT but it's been kind of hot and my appetite crapped out.
I've been on my own today and dinner didn't sound good until we were delivered green beans picked like an hour ago!!
I set some steak out and we'll have these, the beans, and maybe some kind of potato or corn bread!

The cats today got rabbit.
The dogs got bison and turkey and yogurt. They are LOVING yogurt and often eat this FIRST, ignoring the meat to get the yogurt.
Everyone got a tiny piece of parsley, finely shredded, on the side of their meals because I always like seeing who eats it and who doesn't. Most of the dogs ate some, a few grabbed it, spat it out, some of the cats DEVOURED it and one cat in particular picked it up, swished it around her mouth, and spat it about 4 feet across the room.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a multi-grain tomato sandwich with vegan mayo. I am not much of cook so I just have easy stuff. I also had mac-salad I brought at Safeway. It was very good.
Oh my gosh, "tomato sandwiches" (with mayo) were such a thing when I Was growing up. We had these all the time, they were SO GOOD.
...Now I want one =D
Thanks for the reminder!!! I will be having one in the next few days and reliving my childhood a little =)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1Bruce1--- We had that growing up too, we called it "Tomato & Toast."
Muffy--- Was your vegan mayo called Vegenaise? I've had that before, it's really good. I love mac salad too, I prefer it over potato salad.
Tonight I had tossed salad made into a meal with all the fixings- dried cranberries, pears, croutons, nuts, and Thousand Island Dressing. With Three Wishes Merlot wine for appetizer & dessert. :D

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1Bruce1--- We had that growing up too, we called it "Tomato & Toast."
Muffy--- Was your vegan mayo called Vegenaise? I've had that before, it's really good. I love mac salad too, I prefer it over potato salad.
Tonight I had tossed salad made into a meal with all the fixings- dried cranberries, pears, croutons, nuts, and Thousand Island Dressing. With Three Wishes Merlot wine for appetizer & dessert. :D
I've seen Vegenaise available at our stores!!
I used to make mac salad and I lost the recipe, but it was a lot of mustard, a lot of mayo, a bit of celery, a pinch of sugar, the pasta of course and egg. I need to play with it again and see if I could re create. It was SO good =(

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had pizza, done in the pizza oven on the grill. I made the dough fresh this morning. Nothing fancy, a basic pizza with caramelized onions, turkey pepperoni, and mozz. But boy, it was good. We made two small ones and there's one piece left for Rick's lunch tomorrow.

There's a dough ball in the freezer for a pizza later on. We really like that pizza oven. It does a great job. Two pizzas done in about five minutes!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had a piece of chicken breast filet in white wine sauce, rice and mushroom pilaf, and buttered cauliflower/peas/peppers.

...and I just could not bring myself to give away that chicken skin. I made cracklins' to sprinkle over the veggies for a little tasty crunch.

Usually the cats get unsalted cracklins for treats, but today I said, "Some of these are mine, all mine!"

Status
Not open for further replies.