What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm either having a very late lunch or a very early dinner.
Your food always looks so good.
Baked breaded pork chop. Oven roasted carrots and onion with garlic butter. Pepper-jack cornbread and a cheesy-garlicky mashed potato pancake. This would photograph better with some gravy, but I'm not much of a gravy person.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We met friends for dinner at a small Italian restaurant that makes everything from scratch. No meat for this gal. :wink: I had angel hair pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, scallions and artichoke hearts. It's prepared in a garlic oil white wine sauce but I asked them to substitute their marinara. And my favorite, homemade tiramisu for dessert. :yummy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely That sounds so decadent!

I took a Cornish hen out of the freezer last night to make a late dinner tonight for Rick and me. He won't get home til late afternoon. I'm going to do the hen in the air fryer and will make a small pan of scalloped potatoes as a side. Maybe a small salad.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up a serving of ground chicken burrito casserole, and have the last slice of dutch apple bundt cake with a dollop of cool whip.
Darn, girl! How much chicken burrito casserole did you make anyway? :p

I'm doing leftovers tonight too though. Leftover pork chop, carrots, potatoes and cornbread tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn, girl! How much chicken burrito casserole did you make anyway? :p

I'm doing leftovers tonight too though. Leftover pork chop, carrots, potatoes and cornbread tonight.
i had made two 8x8 inch casseroles of it (in the most recent batch), and have one casserole frozen in portions. so i had 6 servings to eat, and today's serving will be the 6th and last. :D originally, i had five 5 lb chubs of ground chicken. this had been bought for my cats raw food meals, but due to them experiencing gastro upsets i discontinued feeding raw meals. raw food/feeding related was ruled out (working with our vet) as a possible cause for my cats gastro upsets, but circumstances were such that we have continued with canned cat food...at least to this point. so...i had all that boneless ground chicken, that i wasn't going to waste. there were other recipes i made using the ground chicken, but the ground chicken burrito casserole recipe turns out really tasty so i made that recipe the most.

so i'll heat up the last of the ground chicken burrito casserole, and have a carob walnut brownie for dessert. maybe some pickled beets too...:yummy:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes sense. That was a lot of chicken! My three cats and the dog can go through 25lbs of meat a lot faster than I can. :)

Yesterday afternoon I made a pot of southern-style green beans and an "adult" mac 'n cheese casserole. For dinner tonight I'll have some of those and either make tuna croquettes, or a hamburger patty.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue what I'm doing tonight. Something simple. Well...it is almost always something simple. Just cooking for myself, I can do that! But it is cold, and gray, and raining, so I may thaw out that last batch of chili that I had forgotten was in there, buried under the veggies!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor man's loaded steak!
Beef or Bison burgers with cheese, covered with sauteed vegetables and potatoes on the side.
One of our comfort dishes if you like food "all mixed together". =)

I have been wailing because I can't find the recipe card but we made a really cool dish that was the inner-workings of a pot pie (we used chicken, but you could easily keep it meat free and use vegetable stock) baked inside of crescent rolls. I'm so bummed I can't find the exact recipe =(

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had fried shrimp, fresh made coleslaw, baked sweet potato and gluten free honey cornbread muffins. I am too full in my tummy right now.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But it is cold, and gray, and raining, so I may thaw out that last batch of chili that I had forgotten was in there, buried under the veggies!
Same weather here except instead of rain we got snow. I made a roast for DH that was on sale for a great price - soup & salad for me. I made some hard boiled eggs and chopped them up in the salad along with scallions, Cubanelle pepper and zucchini. DH is happy cause he'll have leftovers and I'm happy cause it means less cooking this week for me. ;)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I rarely take food photos because food in our place is usually snarfed up in 1.6 seconds, but this greek salad is one of my favorites and compliments meat dishes well. For vegetarians, it really does go well with a side of rice pilaf and/or a heaping helping of veggies and rice =)
This one contained cucumber, tomato, red onion, pitted kalamata olives, chunks of feta cheese and a handful of diced romaine. Sometimes we subsitute romaine with parsley or spinach. We usually finely chop those greens but we wanted our pre-dinner salad enough to not care! =D

We love flaxseed oil as a dressing, or avocado oil. We mix it with the Primal Kitchen's Greek dressing (try it, it's WONDERFUL dressing without all the weird additives!).
As a side note, oils DO go rancid quickly so use them fast. Nothing is grosser or ruins a salad more than oils that have gone "off".

I'm so looking forward to food growing season even though it's short.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti, aaaaaaaahhhhhhgain. But it's just so easy...the sauce and pasta are frozen in single-serving bags, so I just toss the sauce in a bowl, bring a pan of water to a boil and turn on the broiler on the oven. When the water boils, I stick the garlic bread in the oven, turn on the microwave with the sauce for 2 minutes, put the pasta in a strainer, put the pot in the sink and the pasta in the pot, and when the microwave dings, the pasta is hot. By the time I've put it on the plate and poured the sauce over it, the bread is done. Start to finish...about 5 minutes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not too exciting tonight, had the last of my vegetarian chili with broccoli and cauliflower added for good measure. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We steamed rice, slow-cooked some really good quality sausage links, added sauteed veggies with a splash of teriyaki sauce and the result was...meh.
Not a stand-out dish but not terrible either, just kind of "meh".
This baby will be filed for the future when I'm feeling more spice-creative...good all around food but it needs a "kick"...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL I'm still thinking about the stuffed crescent roll thingie...
Cut up chicken pieces and some stir fry veggies in a fry pan, a little hot sauce, seasoned salt and pepper for some life.

Status
Not open for further replies.