What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll reheat a ground chicken taco burger, then add a slice of american cheese on top -- no bun. i'll have some pickled beets :yummy:, and a slice of dutch apple bundt cake for dessert.

those taco burgers turned out really very good!! i added some extra eggs to the mixture, to prevent the burgers from being crumbly -- especially since i'll be freezing almost all of them. i got 27 burgers, from 8 pounds of ground chicken. it took me quite a while to mix everything together, form patties, and then cook them on the stove in a little oil. :sweat:

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One pot pasta and veggies with frozen breaded Gorton's fish (I cooked that in the oven first:p).

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lessee...baked sweet potato, Italian cut green beans (what we always called "pole beans") with diced onions, and tomatoes and okra (you won't get that unless you're from the South). In other words, the same things I had yesterday minus the pork chop.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Weather today has been awful, i.e. damp, chilly and rain all day with snow predicted for tomorrow. It's playing havoc with my head and I feel a migraine coming on so will play it safe for dinner tonight with vegetable soup and a garnet yam, (maybe a toasted bagel on the side).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That would be a very long drive for a pot pie, but you're both welcome! :)
orange&white orange&white Me, too, please....I love a good chicken pot pie. It looks decadent.

Rick is off again today. Whatever he decides for dinner is fine.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

All I knew until I got home from work was that I had a little pork loin thawed that needed to be cooked.

That turned into:

Stir-fried pork with onions and garlic in a soy, rice wine, sesame oil and sriracha sauce, and
Cream of ginger-dill carrot soup.

Enough leftovers for lunch and tomorrow's dinner, too!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
orange&white orange&white , that is amazing! The ginger-dill carrot soup sounds wonderful. I have tried to make carrot and also squash soups, but I did not have much luck, yours is great, however!
Thank you!

12oz chicken stock, 1lb carrots is the base. While those come to a simmer, caramelize a couple slices of chopped sweet onions and toss those in.

After that, you can add any seasonings you prefer. Cinnamon and nutmeg are great in the winter. Summer, I prefer ginger and dill or tarragon. Simmer until the carrots are soft. Add cream/milk or not...it's optional. I also like it with some fresh-squeezed orange juice, but didn't add any to tonight's soup.

I love my immersion stick blender. I blend the soup, then taste and add salt if it needs it (usually depends if there was much salt in the chicken stock).

Status
Not open for further replies.