What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea. I do not feel like cooking..

I just came home from midday mass, and had a couple of matzos with cream cheese.. yes, I have my religions mixed up..:lol: along with a cup of coffee...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my neighbor and I went to a dinner for dinner. It was built like a old time trailer from the fifties. It is locally owned and the food is locally grown. It was very good and they had some vegetarian dishes. I had a vegan sandwich with brussels sprouts and lentils. I wish we had these places when I was vegan. Around here all I could get to eat was Chinese food or a salad and baked potato.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Something with turkey kielbasa. I don't know exactly what yet. Thinking of making my version of turkey kielbasa hash; it's something I made up a long time ago and as it turned out, Rick really liked it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not sure. If my ride shows to take me to pick up the chair I want to buy, I'll have her stop and we'll get fast food on the way home. If she doesn't show, tuna salad, I think. It's lovely warm out, and that sounds good.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a little leftover chicken, rice and green beans. Planning to make a fresh pot of pureed orange-carrot soup. I enjoyed the soup warm in the winter, and was thinking it would make a fine cold soup in the warm months.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
neely neely Those noodles sound interesting; I've not seen them at our store.

Not sure about tonight. I have a hair appt at 4:30 and won't be back home until around 7:00 or so. Rick is in charge of dinner and his preference will likely be: It's Not Delivery; it's DiGiorno.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't take any meat out to thaw, so I'll probably have some rice and a cheese quesadilla. If I want some protein, then I fry or scramble some eggs. ...or maybe I'll do tuna fish. Since I do the bulk of my cooking on Sat/Sun, Friday's are usually a bit up in the air.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Burger King yesterday. Yep, got the chair. BK is not my favorite, but I let my neighbor choose, since she drove me 30 miles to pick the chair up, helped load it, and found a couple of strong men to get it unloaded here! I don't dislike BK, it just isn't my favorite.

Tonight? I think I'll have scrambled eggs and biscuits with a salad. I need something green, and I have some lettuce and ONE organic tomato left!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am cooking my food for Easter today. We will be having baked ham, rolls, fresh string beans with corn on the cob from my freezer, collards that I cooked and froze in December, home made apple sauce from the freezer, mashed potatoes and gluten free gravy, a home baked pecan pie from my freezer. My son and grandson are coming in a bit and they will be eating with us.
I plan to add some sweet potatoes and another vegetable tomorrow. From the ham, I will then slice a bit, add these extra veggies, some rolls, two slices of pie and take an older couple a meal for tomorrow evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Steak, hopefully on the grill. We ended up with two nice rib-eyes. I'm doing twice-baked potatoes and making a simple chopped salad. Some iced tea (boy, I wish it was warmer outside so I'd have some fresh mint for the tea). No dessert because I'll be making those cupcakes for tomorrow.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No dessert because I'll be making those cupcakes for tomorrow.
Those would be "famous last words" at my house! :yummy:

As usual, I don't have a master plan for cooking this weekend, but I did take chicken breasts out of the freezer. I thinking baked breaded chicken breasts with fresh green beans and leftover carrot-orange soup from Thursday. Some fresh-baked dinner rolls sound good, if I get motivated to bake bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.