What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still looking for that stupid recipe, argh!!!
@Furballsmom, this is as close as I've found!
Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid Recipe - Genius Kitchen
We added way more veggies though, and potatoes.
I don't recall using sour cream but I can't remember =/
Have fun experimenting though, hope you enjoy!
That looks delicious! Good idea for future cooking!

I just made tuna pasta salad for dinner tonight. Being lazy until the weekend....everything was already cooked except for boiling a couple of eggs.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I think I'll do a Mexican quiche. I found a packet of Taco seasoning that I forgot I had. Green and red bell peppers, onions, seasoned ground beef and Mexican blend cheese, served with a dollop of sour cream on top!
That sounds delicious!!!!
Tonight I'm re-trying the bacon-wrapped chicken idea. We used dark meat last time, which was delicious, but we're trying white meat tonight because the fattier meat + fattier bacon/bacon grease left us all a little meat-drunk. We'd prefer to not slip into a coma after dinner so we will see if maybe lessening that would work =)
Probably going to throw some sweet potatoes on and flash-fry veggies so they're super hot but still crispy as a go with.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderfully amusing mental picture that paints!

HAH! I cadged a ride to the store today, so tonight I'm making hunky noodles. All that talk of green onions got me going. Hunky noodles are simply egg noodles with sliced green onion, sour cream and cottage cheese stirred in (salt and pepper, of course!). I know, I know, but I'm one of those rare people who actually LIKES cottage cheese. And just to simplify things, I'm going to brown ground beef and stir that in, as well. It ends up very like a stroganoff. Heat a can of green beans, and I'm done!
I love cottage cheese, too. I eat it almost every day. I like it with fruit and sometimes with pasta sauce.
Isn't it nice to have neighbors that you can get a ride to the store with?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Isn't it nice to have neighbors that you can get a ride to the store with?
It's a real God-send! I don't overdo asking...And I do my BIG trip with a cab because I might be as much as three hours in the store. I can't ask someone to wait while I do a month's worth of shopping, but the occasional "grab it" trips, yes.

Tonight, left over quiche. And probably tomorrow night, as well. Does anyone have experience with freezing quiche? I've been hesitant to even try it. I HATE ruining food!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a real God-send! I don't overdo asking...And I do my BIG trip with a cab because I might be as much as three hours in the store. I can't ask someone to wait while I do a month's worth of shopping, but the occasional "grab it" trips, yes.

Tonight, left over quiche. And probably tomorrow night, as well. Does anyone have experience with freezing quiche? I've been hesitant to even try it. I HATE ruining food!
no personal experience with freezing quiche here, but i did find a couple (what i consider to be) good sources (websites) that say that you can freeze (already) baked quiches.

If I make a quiche and want to freeze it, should I bake it first, then freeze? Or freeze the pie crust w/ uncooked filling? Which is better?

from the above link's comments section: cut/slice the quiche first, because it will be easy to thaw single portions and if a quiche is frozen uncut then you'd need to wait until the whole thing is thawed before slicing it.

What's the Best Way to Freeze a Quiche?

and from this second link's comments section: note in particular the two comments posted by 'felisalpina'. basically, you take the whole quiche, or leftover sliced portions, wrap it up securely and freeze. when you want to have some quiche, put it still frozen (the whole quiche or slice(s) in a not preheated oven, turn the oven up to 400 degrees F. the quiche will thaw as the oven heats up. once the oven reaches 400, leave it in there for 25-30 minutes -- note that if you're doing just one slice, you're going to check on the slice until it's reheated.

i'll heat up a serving of kielbasa and scalloped potatoes, some celery pieces with salad dressing as dip, and a carob walnut brownie for dessert. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pinned that! Thanks!

Um...tonight...um...dunno. Something. I don't want anything in particular. I may just do a veggie dinner. Broccoli with ranch dressing powder sprinkled on, and some green beans and new potatoes with garlic parm. The Bird's Eye frozen ones are almost as good as what I make from scratch, and BOY is it easy!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is chicken, leftover vegetables and probably rice. I'm not in the mood to cook or be a test kitchen =/
The kitties all had "carnivore blend" (ground meat, bones, and organs all slammed together with some yolk and supplements.) Dogs had tripe and heart. I'm worried about my guy in the hospital and fancy food for humans or pets will have to wait.
With that said, dogs eating tripe chunks is hilarious. They pick it up, give it a little shake, chew awhile, get the piece they're chewing off, swallow, then repeat.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up the last of the (current batch of) kielbasa and scalloped potatoes, some veggies (either celery or pickled green beans) with salad dressing as dip, and a carob walnut brownie.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti tonight. My big shopping trip is on Saturday, or maybe Friday, either day will do nicely. Till then, I'm just...winging it. OH WHO AM I KIDDING? I always wing it,

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We picked up a rotisserie chicken on Sunday from Wal Mart. It went in the freezer. Tonight it is a bowl of chicken salad. We will have that with baked beans.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chicken salad tonight. Spaghetti tomorrow night, I think. Maybe. Major shopping trip on Saturday.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night I had peanuts for dinner. Peanuts! It sounds stupid but really wasn't. I had a really big lunch and just wanted something to snack on in the eve.

I like to buy big bags of peanuts in the shell and snack on those. Peanuts are okay in my weight loss diet. The nuts don't make me gain weight and the protein and fats actually help me feel satisfied and keep dropping lbs. Plus you have to work at getting the nuts out of the shell and that helps me eat less.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had peanuts for dinner. Peanuts! It sounds stupid but really wasn't. I had a really big lunch and just wanted something to snack on in the eve.

I like to buy big bags of peanuts in the shell and snack on those. Peanuts are okay in my weight loss diet. The nuts don't make me gain weight and the protein and fats actually help me feel satisfied and keep dropping lbs. Plus you have to work at getting the nuts out of the shell and that helps me eat less.
Nuts are a great food!
Nut butters are delicious but cursed as it's very possible and very easy to polish off a whole damn jar with nothing but a spoon, a bib, and a week of wondering "what the heck was I thinking"!
Best wishes on your weight loss journey! :wave3: The right high fat foods can kick start weight loss like crazy, which sounds so backwards but it really does help!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My couch is covered with bags of peanuts that I buy at BJ's for the squirrels. I can get a good size bag for only $5.50 and they love them along with the blue jays. I don't care for peanuts myself but I do love peanut butter.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick, easy Lean Cuisine-- 5 cheese rigatoni pasta... it was good..
still not feeling like cooking..

Status
Not open for further replies.