What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those aren't bad at all. But I have to admit, while blushing, that I actually prefer the cheap, doughy, non-flakey crust on the Banquets. It's just what I had when I was little and not feeling well. Takes me back there.

I DO love KFC's chicken pot pies unless they have changed radically in the past little while. Love those BIG chunks of veggies in them, like homemade!
I used to love the cheap Banquets chicken pot pies when I was a kid. Now I buy the Amy Pot Pies and while I like them I think they are too expensive. Put vegetarian on anything nowadays and the price triples.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i'll have a bacon and monterey jack cheese sandwich, with a little margarine on the bread. some carrot/celery pieces with salad dressing as a dip, and a slice of german apple cake for dessert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick loved the ham and bean soup; it was just a very basic soup, but evidently that's exactly what he wanted. The man even thanked me for making it!

Tonight's dinner is a split Cornish hen done in the air fryer. With a salad. We will split a twice-baked sweet potato.

Oh, there's caramel apple monkey bread leftover. We weren't overly impressed with it. It was a mix from King Arthur that Rick wanted me to try. I don't think I'd buy it again.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick loved the ham and bean soup; it was just a very basic soup, but evidently that's exactly what he wanted. The man even thanked me for making it!

Tonight's dinner is a split Cornish hen done in the air fryer. With a salad. We will split a twice-baked sweet potato.

Oh, there's caramel apple monkey bread leftover. We weren't overly impressed with it. It was a mix from King Arthur that Rick wanted me to try. I don't think I'd buy it again.
Ham and bean soup sounds yummy. Simple foods are the "comfort foods".

I used lots of King Arthur's bread recipes, but haven't tried any of their mixes. I always wondered if they were worth ordering.

I want pictures of your Cornish Hens!!!

Tonight my dinner will be leftover tetrazzini from yesterday; the rest got frozen for other meals down the road.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know. I might just make a PB&J. I took a hard fall around noon and everything hurts. My knees are black from bruising, there are scrapes all the way down my right arm, my hands ache, and the ball of my right foot is tender. I am NOT going to stand and cook ANYTHING tonight.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I might just make a PB&J. I took a hard fall around noon and everything hurts. My knees are black from bruising, there are scrapes all the way down my right arm, my hands ache, and the ball of my right foot is tender. I am NOT going to stand and cook ANYTHING tonight.
Oh no! You poor dear! I don't think I'd even feel like PBJ. That's an occasion to order some kind of front door delivery!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I might just make a PB&J. I took a hard fall around noon and everything hurts. My knees are black from bruising, there are scrapes all the way down my right arm, my hands ache, and the ball of my right foot is tender. I am NOT going to stand and cook ANYTHING tonight.
I literally shuttered with worry when I read this, how are you feeling now? If I lived closer I'd make that PB&J for you. Heck, if I lived closer I'd cook something and rush it right over. Please rest up, maybe make a spot of tea to relax if you can and tell HeKitty she's on her own tonight. ;) Can you take something for the aches and pains, e.g. Aleve, Advil or even Tylenol? The very least I can do is send special thoughts and healing vibes your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope you're feeling better this morning! Those falls can be nasty.

Not sure about dinner tonight. I may end up scrounging through the freezer.

orange&white orange&white I didn't take any pictures of the Cornish hen this time, but I think I have a picture from before. I will say that air-fried Cornish hens are quite good. They fry nicely and get a good color. They taste great!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, guys! neely neely , I'd have let you do it yesterday! MUCH better today, although my knees feel like toothaches!

Tonight...um...dunno. Hot dogs with onions and cheese? Baked chicken with something? Or...I could slice the chicken beast very thin and do a stir-fry...BUT...the hot dogs don't require standing up for more than about 2 minutes total!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Glad to hear you're feeling better! You had us all worried. Keep the stress off those knees as much as possible.

I was making turkey bone and veggie stock today, so I just pulled the carrots and some onion and broth out and made this carrot and orange soup. Since the stock and veggies were already cooked in the crock pot, all I had to do was squeeze some orange juice, add the spices and blend, plus dollop of sour cream. Came out good!

Creamy Carrot And Orange Soup Recipe - Genius Kitchen

If this soup isn't enough for dinner, I'll reheat some leftover baked spaghettini and meatballs a little later.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm making beef and noodle soup for dinner tonight. We had the ribs (from the rib roast back in January) in the freezer. I took them out of the freezer last night along with a bowl of home made beef broth I had made. Should make a good soup with some garlic, onions, noodles and carrots. I think I'm going to make a blueberry buckle this afternoon or a coffee cake from a King Arthur recipe that I really like. (I can take the coffee cake to work tomorrow for the guys.)

Status
Not open for further replies.