Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! They were really good.

I took two boneless, skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer yesterday. I'm making chicken with apples and mushrooms tonight (an old Light & Tasty recipe), roasted butternut squash, and rice pudding for a bit of dessert.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It came pretty good:yummy: The glaze didn't turn out thick like it's supposed to. It was sauce-like. Not sure what happened. I did have to cover the baking pan with foil halfway through because the chicken was getting a bit too dark. I should have lined the baking pan with foil as well. The pan now has a yellow hue thanks to the turmeric:doh:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what we're going to do for dinner tonight
All I know is that we just finished up an all day 6.5 mile hike and my dogs are barkin'!
So I really don't wanna spend more time on my feet in the kitchen tonight. :thud:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what we're going to do for dinner tonight
All I know is that we just finished up an all day 6.5 mile hike and my dogs are barkin'!
So I really don't wanna spend more time on my feet in the kitchen tonight. :thud:
Just throw something in the oven and relax while it cooks itself? That's what I do...

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have "oven ready" food. Everything I have requires some level of prep, and then clean up. bleh
:lol:

Sorry, I didn't want to make it worse. Mom and I always have some chicken thighs or chickem wings that can be easily put in the oven with some salt and rosemary, which usually takes me under 5 minutes to have ready.

Only other thing comming to my mind nlw are sandwitches, but they somehow require more "job".

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It came pretty good:yummy: The glaze didn't turn out thick like it's supposed to. It was sauce-like. Not sure what happened. I did have to cover the baking pan with foil halfway through because the chicken was getting a bit too dark. I should have lined the baking pan with foil as well. The pan now has a yellow hue thanks to the turmeric:doh:
i'm glad it came out pretty good!! :D

that happens to me too sometimes, a sauce or glaze doesn't come out as thick as it was supposed to. what i do in these cases is to mix a bit of cornstarch into cold water (i'm kinda generous with the amount of cornstarch i use, about 40/60 cornstarch and water -- maybe a couple tablespoons of water with about a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed into it -- should not be a paste, but have enough cornstarch to do the job), and then mix that into the sauce/glaze. then heat the sauce/glaze for a while longer, until it starts to thicken. in the case of the recipe you made, i would drain the glaze off into a saucepan, mix the cornstarch/cold water mixture into the glaze, then heat up over medium or so heat while stirring, until the glaze gets thick enough.

i actually have no thoughts on my dinner for tonight. it'll probably be a sandwich of some sort, maybe a grilled cheese sandwich. i will have a carob brownie with whatever i decide to have though.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea... I am craving a nice, homemade salad with some ham and chunks of cheese..
Have to hit the grocery store, later...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Try scrubbing your pan with a Brillo pad. Or try boiling water with baking soda and letting the mixture soak in the pan for a while, then giving it a good scrub. Sometimes that will work. The chicken sounded really good.

Not sure about tonight; we still have some cheeseburger pie left over and that's something I wouldn't want to freeze. It all depends on what time I get home from my meeting and then get back from grocery shopping. Could be just some kind of sandwich or hot dogs, whatever we can scrounge up.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i ended up having a beef cotto salami and mustard sandwich for dinner, and the carob brownie. i'll likely have the same tonight for dinner, and some carrot/celery pieces with some salad dressing as a dip too.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a grilled piece of fish left from our Saturday night meal at the restaurant with friends. I am going to take our some shrimp for hubby. He cleans them and fries them on the screened porch. I will ask him to pick up some potato salad and coleslaw from a place up the road that we like. I will be busy with no time to cook.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is in big charge of dinner tonight. I imagine it will be some kind of (canned) soup and a toasted cheese sandwich. And, if I don't have to cook it? That works!

He's hungry for ham and bean soup. The last time I made it, I used tomatoes and shredded cabbage. Now, this is really a delicious ham and bean soup; it's seriously good. But now he wants just a regular ham and bean soup; no cabbage and no tomatoes. So I bought a couple smoked ham hocks at the store last night (and I have some ham in the freezer and I have a couple bags of dried great northern flat beans) and, this weekend, the man will get "his" ham and bean soup.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom Congratulations to Aaron. Go out and celebrate. Have a wonderful meal.

It is going to be some turkey salad, with baked beans and corn on the cob at our house.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I may indulge myself and have a scrambled egg with green asparagus, garlic sprouts and three or four teeny tiny shrimps. I've been good and exercised today, so I probably will lose weight anyway :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom Congratulations to Aaron on his raise!

And I think I'm going to steal your dinner idea of kielbasa with sauerkraut. Rick got some kielbasa out of the freezer yesterday afternoon and stuck it in the fridge. It wasn't completely thawed yet last night, so we did have toasted cheese sandwiches. Which means that, now, I need to do the kielbasa tonight. It works! Thanks!

Rick isn't bowling tonight, so I'll have some extra time to work on dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.