What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Made another salad.. this time, grabbed some grilled chicken at the store, added that to it..
forgot to buy tomatoes.. oh well...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know; we might go out for a bite tonight.

Yesterday, I made that beef and noodle soup and Dear Richard was not impressed. I liked it; he did not. :sigh:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure yet, but something warm and easy... having a torrential storm.. who knows if the electricity will stay on.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti tonight!

Hopefully the glitch with the Purraise button with be resolved shortly! I keep hitting "Quote" before I remember that the button isn't there right now!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a vegetable soup last night with bone broth and a little bit of bouillon... It was good, but the bouillon made it more salty than I might have liked... and this morning the scale reflected it! lol Guess I'll be drinking more water today.

Dunno what I'll have for dinner tonight, I'm on my own as hubby will be working 'till midnight or later. Today is a cat food making day, so I probably won't want to cook anything too complicated. Salad maybe, or curried lentil soup with chicken.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO hungry for a good salad, and NO WAY to get to the store for fresh produce! It is one of the things that I HATE about only being able to shop once a month!

Hmmmmm...anyone wanna guess what I'm thinking about for supper tonight? I bet you can!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SO hungry for a good salad, and NO WAY to get to the store for fresh produce! It is one of the things that I HATE about only being able to shop once a month!

Hmmmmm...anyone wanna guess what I'm thinking about for supper tonight? I bet you can!
I know what you mean. I am barely able to get to the stores anymore due to my knees. I would of loved to have had a fresh salad with all the fixings last night. All I had in the fridge was a brown head of lettuce and a few old carrots.

What did you wind up eating last night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, here's the deal....I had a food saver bag of "something" in the freezer (the label fell off). It looks like either chicken or well, it could be pork. It's in the microwave thawing. I had done a roast pork in December last year and I just did a roast chicken back in January, so whatever it is, it's not old and it's in a Food Saver bag. It's frustrating when labels fall off. :dunno:

So...if it's chicken I'm going to make a bit of creamed chicken and I'm thinking of making some waffles (I could go for chicken and waffles and I've been thinking of waffles for a couple of weeks now). If it's pork, well, I have some pineapple chunks in the pantry and some pepper chunks in the freezer to make a quick version of sweet & sour pork. The Mystery Meat is already cooked, so whatever it is, it won't take long to make something with it.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently bought an electric pressure cooker. I'd never used one before and I love it! Because of our schedules we usually have meals that are quick to make like casseroles or packaged foods because neither one of us wants to spend a lot of time cooking after a long day. With the pressure cooker I can make a better meal in a shorter time. I've made chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, beef ribs, turkey, and Swedish meatballs so far. I wish I had gotten one of these sooner!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I recently bought an electric pressure cooker. I'd never used one before and I love it! Because of our schedules we usually have meals that are quick to make like casseroles or packaged foods because neither one of us wants to spend a lot of time cooking after a long day. With the pressure cooker I can make a better meal in a shorter time. I've made chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, beef ribs, turkey, and Swedish meatballs so far. I wish I had gotten one of these sooner!
What kind, InstantPot? Iv'e made a few soups in mine that I like. :)

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its called a Chefman and its similar to an InstantPot. Its a 6 qt with 9 programmable settings. I've found tons of recipes on kindle. Next weekend I'm going to try the one for peanut butter oatmeal.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its called a Chefman and its similar to an InstantPot. Its a 6 qt with 9 programmable settings. I've found tons of recipes on kindle. Next weekend I'm going to try the one for peanut butter oatmeal.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the duplicate post ..not sure how that happened. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.