What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may indulge myself and have a scrambled egg with green asparagus, garlic sprouts and three or four teeny tiny shrimps. I've been good and exercised today, so I probably will lose weight anyway :)
That's what I had last night - scrambled eggs on toast, topped with green asparagus. I'm vegetarian, so no shrimps. ;)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks everyone! :)

AbbysMom AbbysMom

Although kielbasa and sauerkraut sounds really good.. did you add some dried mushrooms to it while cooking? Divine that way..
No. It was a really odd mix of apples, beer, caraway seeds, onions and then I added a little horseradish mustard. Aaron ended up having some for lunch yesterday and will have the rest today.

For today I am trying a new crockpot recipe for chicken curry stew.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, after an absence of a couple of days preparing for an apartment inspection, I'M BACK! Yesterday was shopping day, which I did VERY early (for me) so I would have time to clean. I knew I would be exhausted, so I picked up a carton of really good shrimp and seafood salad and a box of saltines. Supper last night was SO EASY! I didn't even use a plate, just dipped the crackers right in the carton! And am having the rest of it for supper tonight. LORD KNOWS, I needed something VERY easy for both nights...I was up early again today for the inspection. I passed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white YUM! That looks wonderful!

Our sauerkraut was so good last night. Rick did tell me that I'm pushing the sauerkraut a little since we'd just had it back on New Year's Day. It had the kielbasa, crispy bacon, onions, apples, apple juice, and caraway seeds (no beer AbbysMom AbbysMom ). Over mashed potatoes. I loved it. I'm a big sauerkraut fan and this is still from what my BIL and I had made. I got off work at 3:00, so was able to get a good start on dinner and it was ready around 5:30 or so. Which was good because, although Rick wasn't supposed to bowl last night, one of his team mates hurt his back and called Rick in to bowl anyway.

I've a hair appt right after work, so probably won't get home until almost 7:00. I think Rick is probably going to order a pizza.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I earned a free reward at Starbucks and used it to get a salad to go with dinner tonight - it can be used on any beverage or food item. This is what I chose - Seasonal Roasted Sweet Potato & Apple Harvest with its medley of sweet potato, apple, wheat berry, radicchio, dried cranberry, feta and roasted flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds on a bed of spinach. Served with a zingy mustard-herb vinaigrette.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I earned a free reward at Starbucks and used it to get a salad to go with dinner tonight - it can be used on any beverage or food item. This is what I chose - Seasonal Roasted Sweet Potato & Apple Harvest with its medley of sweet potato, apple, wheat berry, radicchio, dried cranberry, feta and roasted flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds on a bed of spinach. Served with a zingy mustard-herb vinaigrette.
That sounds delicious. I didn't know you could get that at Starbucks.
Tonight I stopped at Panera and got a large cup of their Autumn Squash Soup. I think that was the best thing I ever ate.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, Rick ordered a Papa John's dual pepperoni pizza; it came just as I got home from my hair appt.

I'm making ham and bean soup for Rick today. Got the ham hocks, took some ham from the freezer, got some great northern beans soaking in the fridge. We'll see how things go. I have a boxed mix from King Arthur for Caramel Apple Monkey Bread that I'll throw together, too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds delicious. I didn't know you could get that at Starbucks.
Tonight I stopped at Panera and got a large cup of their Autumn Squash Soup. I think that was the best thing I ever ate.
Now we both learned something new, i.e. I didn't know Panera has squash soup. I love squash, diced, sliced or roasted, and will have to try and get to a Panera this weekend. :thanks:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think that tonight I will just bake a Banquet chicken pot pie and call it done. I picked a couple up when I was doing my monthly shopping, thinking that "EASY" would be nice following this last inspection. I'm still tired, what with the last bit of the flu recovery and then scrubbing for two days solid, so this will be so simple! And I like them. LOL, when I was growing up, a frozen chicken pot pie was "a good meal," and definitely comfort food!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
LOL, when I was growing up, a frozen chicken pot pie was "a good meal," and definitely comfort food!
DH used to get the Marie Callender's frozen chicken pot pie. He said they don't taste like they used to, not sure if they were bought out by another company or not.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those aren't bad at all. But I have to admit, while blushing, that I actually prefer the cheap, doughy, non-flakey crust on the Banquets. It's just what I had when I was little and not feeling well. Takes me back there.

I DO love KFC's chicken pot pies unless they have changed radically in the past little while. Love those BIG chunks of veggies in them, like homemade!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last winter, I bought a lot of the 4-packs of the Marie Calendar small pot pies to take to work and bake in the toaster oven for lunch. I do really like those. This year, I haven't bought any, since I dove back into baking and cooking everything from scratch again. Now I need to make some pot pies.... :yummy:

Today I'm working on a ham and turkey breast tetrazzini for dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.