What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We needs to clean out the freezers again, so everything for the month of November will be from the freezers. We go through periods like that.

Last night I made a Dutch baby with sausage, spices. etc. Not bad. I don't know that I ever made a Dutch baby.

(We REALLY need to get a good nonstick skillet! I can use my cast iron skillet in the oven, but I hesitate now to use it on our glass-topped stove. I read that between the heaviness of the cast iron pan combined with the food in the pan, glass-topped stoves can shatter from all the weight. And our repair guy told me the last time he was in to fix our oven that it's at least $800 to replace a glass top on a stove. Oy!)

Tonight we're having pork chops with apples. Green beans and my version of rice pilaf. And apple coffee cake for a bit of dessert. (I asked Rick to bring anything up from the freezer and I'd made it. He chose pork chops.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll be baking a pan of 4 spanish rice (with ground turkey) stuffed peppers today, so that'll be my dinner. a sliced apple to go along with it. and dessert will be a banana walnut blondie, later in the evening -- along with a sandwich.

i got busy doing things, so have missed both breakfast and lunch. :sigh: i'll have a 'tide me over' snack shortly, to get me through until the stuffed peppers come out of the oven.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who's up for another road trip to orange&white orange&white 's house? 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 gets the front seat so he doesn't fall off again :lol:
You'd better strap me in tight. My attention span is short and if I see something cool on the horizon, I'll probably open the door and jump :lol2::biggrin:

Tonight I'm on my own, so I'm thinking either soup, nachos, or frozen pizza. Or all 3. I don't feel like cooking (weird for me.)
Dogs and cats will get beef heart, random bone parts (necks, wings, backs,), and some liver. A few dogs will get tripe as well.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'd better strap me in tight. My attention span is short and if I see something cool on the horizon, I'll probably open the door and jump :lol2::biggrin:

Got it :agree:

Dinner was one pot chicken. It took awhile to cook this time around because I used brown jasmine rice instead of regular white long grain rice.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got it :agree:

Dinner was one pot chicken. It took awhile to cook this time around because I used brown jasmine rice instead of regular white long grain rice.
Sounds delicious! I'm very partial to rice. :thumbsup:
I'm going into town this weekend I think, and am already drooling over the menu of the Chinese restaurant that is near my errands.
Good news is it's inexpensive, delicious, and re-heats well so I can order more than I need and reheat later.
Bad news is most of the cats, especially Baby Girl, and virtually all the dogs love the smell of this food, but there are onions (and probably too much MSG) in these Chinese dishes, so I won't share. Wife likes General Tso and she won't share either, so we're happy and well fed with a house full of pissed off critters.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a whole chicken out of the freezer last night to thaw in the fridge for Sunday dinner. Ms. Chicken is about ten pounds, so it will take a while to completely thaw....should be fine in the fridge.

Last night, we just had mushroom and barley soup and the last of the garlic-parm yeast rolls from the freezer. I'm thinking tonight will be vegetarian taco salad.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*tries to sing, gets arrested*
On my own again,
I can't wait til I'm not on my own again,
The wife I love is having dinner with her friends,
and I just can't wait to not be on my own again..."

With the weather growing more winter-y by the minute, the days of last minute dinner plans are coming to a close so I say she deserves it, and hopefully she enjoys herself tonight.
Little old me has some spicy chicken stuff we made awhile back and I'll pull a pack out of the freezer, warm it up (it's pre-cooked) and add every vegetable I can find to it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got an 18 lb turkey thawing in the fridge (since tuesday night), which i'll be roasting on monday. :banana1: hot open faced turkey sandwiches with gravy, and a slice of jellied cranberry sauce will be my dinner for probably close to a week. :D i'll just pull out more cooked turkey as needed. the rest of the turkey will likely go into some turkey enchiladas at some point, and for more hot open faced turkey sandwiches.

tonight i'll heat up the last (that's thawed) stuffed pepper half, some sliced tomatoes with blue cheese salad dressing, and the little 'heel' slice of a lovely loaf of seeded rye bread with some margarine. :yummy:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to try for Chinese again tonight; we didn't make it the last time I wanted to go, so maybe tonight will work.

I am anxiously waiting for Thanksgiving dinner, largely because of the turkey!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll have a cold meatloaf sandwich :cloud9: , and a baked potato with margarine and salt/pepper. some sliced tomato with blue cheese salad dressing -- which i didn't have for last nights dinner. a slice of german apple cake for dessert, later in the evening.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
a stove top frittata.. sliced potato, an egg, S&P, and that is it... shush.. I eat it with ketchup... shush...

I love this ... semi-quick, easy... You can add some onions to it, or anything else..

kind of like home fries, but with egg...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I had my Chinese fix last night, so I'm good for another six months or so.

We're visiting with friends tonight. She's making pork and sauerkraut over mashed potatoes. I'm bringing a pumpkin custard (like pie, but without the crust).

Status
Not open for further replies.