What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just had fettuccine alfredo with broccoli and sliced london broil.
I want to make a pot of zuppa toscana but I'm probably going to hold off on the budget until after thanksgiving. It's usually around $20 to indulge myself in copycat soup.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Toasted bagel, scrambled eggs and bacon. SO much stuff in the freezer, but I want that!
I want that too. Unfortunately I have no bagels in the house and I'm working late so I won't be home until around 8. I'll already be in hot water with the girls for making them wait for dinner this long. I'll have to pick up some bagels next time I go to the store. A trip to the store tonight isn't going to happen. :angrycat: :angrycat: :fear:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mylanta, Tums. :crackup::crackup::crackup:
Lunch was late and was chicken. And potatoes. And snow peas. And carrots. And peppers. And zucchini. And yellow squash. Some onion in there I think. And an apple. And some chips. And dip. Lots of dip. So much dip.
I think I'm the dip here because now I feel like I need to be rolled from place to place like a beached whale that groans and cries while you attempt to heave his bloated carcass back into the ocean.

Scuffing my toe on the ground in embarrassment....I was hungry is all. :(

;)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am stuffed... over stuffed...

Chicken, broccoli, and made a pig of myself with baked butternut squash.. love squash..
and now having some wine...

My b-day meal, to myself.. and bought myself a new pair of PJ's... and Geoffrey is also my b-day/Christmas/New Years gift to me....

A good day all around..

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to figure out dinner tomorrow after I've made the cat food batch for the month.

Tonight was "party shrimp", asparagus roasted with cherry tomatoes and then yesterday's penne leftovers.

Hmm... there's a third of a bag of Ikea chicken meatballs in the freezer.

EtA okay zuppa toscana it is because I have all the meat in the freezer

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am stuffed... over stuffed...

Chicken, broccoli, and made a pig of myself with baked butternut squash.. love squash..
and now having some wine...

My b-day meal, to myself.. and bought myself a new pair of PJ's... and Geoffrey is also my b-day/Christmas/New Years gift to me....

A good day all around..
Happy birthday!!! :bday::celebrate::bday::beerchug::dance:
Welcome to the "over stuffed" club. :thumbsup: It's worth it, always.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, right, dinner, ha.
I think it'll be the game hens and some sides. Maybe broccoli because artiemom artiemom description made me remember how good those things go together. And cheese. Broccoli and cheese are good buddies. ;)
We HAVE to get our crap together already and start back in on our test foods/dishes. There's a wonderful, huge kitchen begging for use.

Cats are getting some ground whole turkey (ground about 5 times, because of how dense the bones are), duck hearts and I think probably some organ blend.
Dogs will have some bone in poultry with smelly tripe, organ blend, and some yogurt we mix with pumpkin because we really are that crazy and think dogs like festive food. :flail: :freak:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday, artiemom artiemom !!! :bday:

tonight i'll heat up some roast turkey with gravy, and serve it over a couple slices of bread. possibly a microwaved potato, too. dessert will be an apple 'hand pie', later in the evening. :yummy:
That sounds good! I love turkey and gravy over bread. :anticipation:
One year we made a home made stuffing. We don't (personally) celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional sense, but we made it one year and it was a hit. Do you think we can find that recipe? Of course not. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.