What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rotisserie-style roast chicken is on our menu. With baked sweet potatoes and a salad.

I have a big oven-stuffer chicken, so there will be leftovers for dinner later on this week and for the freezer.

If anybody's interested, recipe is here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Poultry

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's cold,windy and cloudy here today,and comfort food comes to mind.I think we're going to have chicken stew and biscuits for dinner.I know there will be leftovers,so maybe a pot pie later in the week.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I made this experimental s00p the other day and we can't stop eating it..
IMG_20181102_151741_914.jpg

Tomato base (a first attempt for me!) with cannellini beans, onion, roasted peppers, garlic & tomatoes, a sh*tload of fresh basil, rosemary, oregano, & parsley, with Italian sausage and mini penne pasta.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers tonight. My GF gave us some mashed potatoes and pork and sauerkraut from Saturday night.

Those maple sticky buns are decadent, warm from the oven and slathered with the maple glaze. Rick likes them cooled down, too, but I don't. We took some up to his mom last night; she'll call me and let me know what she thinks. She said she was going to take hers with her to breakfast this morning. The recipe said 24 mini sticky buns. I got 15 regular-sized buns in a 9 x 13-inch pan. The dough contains maple syrup as does the glaze. I'll make them again as Rick really liked them.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you believe it, I've been craving tacos for about 3 weeks now.
Next trip into town by myself, don't tell my wife, but I'm hitting Taco Bell, and I will order one of everything. :thumbsup:

We're going to make a spicy chicken with vegetables thing, nothing fancy.
I think the vegetable selection is every kind of pepper you can imagine with zucchini, yellow squash, bok choy, snow peas, celery, carrots, and onion.
The chicken is spicy enough that sauces aren't usually needed but we'll see.

The cats will have beef heart and chicken gizzards and liver, dogs will have the same with some tripe, they had a few bone heavy meals last night and this morning!)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, did everyone go on a diet since yesterday? ;)
It's my job to fall off off the roof of the van, yanno. :flail:

We've gotta eat these veggies up before they go bad, so we're probably going to combined pretty much all of them and throw some bacon in there for extra flavors.

I have a dog ramming me in the leg for food with his toy (beef heart and chicken tonight). I'm glad people don't act this way when they're hungry. :(

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick requested a chicken pie with our leftover rotisserie-style chicken from Sunday. I didn't feel like dealing with a pastry crust last night, so I made biscuits to top the pie instead. Good stuff.

There's a bit of chicken pie leftover (and Rick has already laid claim to it) for tonight. For a man who does not care for chicken, he just loves chicken pie. I think I'll throw together a chopped salad for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.