What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My b-day meal, to myself.. and bought myself a new pair of PJ's... and Geoffrey is also my b-day/Christmas/New Years gift to me....
Happy belated birthday, artiemom artiemom . :bday: Glad you got yourself such a warm, snuggly/cuddly present. And in case that wasn't clear, I mean the furry gift. :lovecat2: But then, I guess the PJs will be furry soon too. ;)

artiemom artiemom description made me remember how good those things go together. And cheese. Broccoli and cheese are good buddies. ;)
I sometimes make a super quick meal with Kraft Dinner and broccoli.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had broccoli with cheese:think: I've had plenty of plain boiled completely mushy tasteless broccoli while growing up :barfgreen: but never with cheese.

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. I might just throw pasta or something together and go to the supermarket tomorrow.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One year we made a home made stuffing. We don't (personally) celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional sense, but we made it one year and it was a hit. Do you think we can find that recipe? Of course not. :gaah:
I have a recipe for old-fashioned Southern cornbread stuffing/dressing. I'll be happy to PM it or post it, if you'd like.

I've never had broccoli with cheese:think: I've had plenty of plain boiled completely mushy tasteless broccoli while growing up :barfgreen: but never with cheese.
Oh, you must try it! The thing with broccoli is that it should be lightly steaming into agreement, not BOILED INTO SUBMISSION! And with cheese sauce, it becomes a whole 'nother animal! It goes very well with the mac n cheese, and if you add a bit of diced ham or chicken, you have an entire meal!

For me...Oh, go ahead, GUESS! yep, hot dogs with cheese and onions...and cherry cobbler for dessert!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
've never had broccoli with cheese:think: I've had plenty of plain boiled completely mushy tasteless broccoli while growing up :barfgreen: but never with cheese.
Oh, you must try it! The thing with broccoli is that it should be lightly steaming into agreement, not BOILED INTO SUBMISSION! And with cheese sauce, it becomes a whole 'nother animal! It goes very well with the mac n cheese, and if you add a bit of diced ham or chicken, you have an entire meal!
I just cut the broccoli, rinse it, put it in a microwave safe bowl, cover with a wet paper towel, and cook for around 2 minutes, or as long as needed to be tender..
The best way to cook it..and easiest..

I have a recipe for old-fashioned Southern cornbread stuffing/dressing. I'll be happy to PM it or post it, if you'd like.
yes please... do not know when I will use it, but I would love to see it.. thanks...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the mood for soup, so decided to make Lentil Soup. Except for not having fresh parsley, and using less oil, and adding more broth, it's the recipe from Paul McCartney's episode of The Simpsons. (recipe at 25 second mark)
This is outstanding!! :thumbsup:
It's also one of my favorite episodes.
"It's just a little dirty, it's still good it's still good!"
"It's just a little slimy, it's still good it's still good!"
"It's just a little airborne, it's still good!"
"It's gone."
"I know."
:crackup:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I just cut the broccoli, rinse it, put it in a microwave safe bowl, cover with a wet paper towel, and cook for around 2 minutes, or as long as needed to be tender..
The best way to cook it..and easiest..

yes please... do not know when I will use it, but I would love to see it.. thanks...
That's how I cook my spinach and broccoli for my lunch. don't add any water!! It will steam cook by itself. I used to deal with that basket you use over the water in a pain but this is so much nicer..then if you have a tv dinner you can add this into it to make it last longer, like Alfredo or other broccoli friendly food.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight, now sure, we had plans but they didn't pan out. But the game hens we had yesterday were wonderful, and we picked them clean and are boiling the rest down to create a dog/cat/human healthy bone broth stock. No wasting meat and what was once a life here.
We're more concerned with getting the kitchens their yearly fall/winterizing that goes into a deep cleaning that leaves me begging for mercy. But working in a spotless kitchen is so fun and satisfying, I can't even begin to describe it, so I'll lick my wounds, buy some band aids, and go with it.

:yummy: Wait, I think I've got some canned Chili in the pantry....
I do! :yess:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My b-day meal, to myself.. and bought myself a new pair of PJ's... and Geoffrey is also my b-day/Christmas/New Years gift to me.
A very Happy Belated Birthday to you! :beerchug: Geoffrey is undoubtedly the best holiday gift of all. :hugs:

I've missed posting on this thread but haven't been eating anything too exciting for dinner lately. However, DH has a taste for Asian food so we're bringing dinner in since the temps are in the low 30's and we'd rather eat at home. I'm ordering vegetable egg foo young with brown rice. :yummy:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very Happy Belated Birthday to you! :beerchug: Geoffrey is undoubtedly the best holiday gift of all. :hugs:

I've missed posting on this thread but haven't been eating anything too exciting for dinner lately. However, DH has a taste for Asian food so we're bringing dinner in since the temps are in the low 30's and we'd rather eat at home. I'm ordering vegetable egg foo young with brown rice. :yummy:
If you're talking Asian food, I don't usually go for the fancy stuff (I'm not a fancy person) but some of their dishes are just outstanding.
One of my favorite dishes is a plain vegetable fried rice. No frills, no fancy stuff, just loads of delicious goodness.
Enjoy your meal!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so picky most of the frozen asian dishes I get end up cheesing me off because the rice or noodles are overcooked when it's done. I cook asian stuff all the time at home because of this. I like the frozen dishes at trader Joe's because that while they taste a little different, I can add my own starches. I really like getting their gyoza. I fry it and then steam it per directions, and I make my own gyoza sauce I found on Pinterest.

Tonight I had kale leftover from the zuppa toscana, and surrendering leaves over to my guinea pig, Murphy. There is also ground beef in the freezer, and orzo in the pantry... So Pinterest told me I'm making this tomorrow and all I have to pick up is an onion and a can of tomatoes:

One-pan dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.