What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...hot dogs with onions and cheese. How unusual of me! I actually think I could, if issues of health and weight were removed, eat them at least 20 days out of the month. It is a sad, sad addiction!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steamed fesh corn and sesame chicken with noodles from Wegmans. The chicken was ok, the noodles not so much.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a version of this broiled tomatos and swiss cheese: Broiled Parmesan and Swiss Tomatoes

I had organic romas, and substituted crumbled focaccia bread tossed in butter. Added a couple sweet basil leaves from the patio plants. Enjoyed with pulled pork I crock-potted the other day.

The tomato dish cooked really fast on foil in the toaster oven on "toast". No clean up.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I threw dinner together. The last ear of corn steamed and a package of tortellini with marinana sauce and leftover arugula.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I threw dinner together. The last ear of corn steamed and a package of tortellini with marinana sauce and leftover arugula.
I had tortellini with marinana sauce last night that I brought from Safeway. It was really good. I hate arugula.

Muffin

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Some good dinners there!

I am going to try our smoker out (Rick's BIL gave me a smoker last year and either we were always really busy or the weather was not cooperative; we never got around to trying it).

We're starting out with Guilt-Free Guac from our venture to Trader Joe's yesterday, along with some Quinoa and Black Bean tortilla chips, also from TJ's.

Smoked bone-in split chicken breasts, a pan of mac-and cheese, a tri-pepper salad and plenty of Smirnoff Ice
My sister said she'd bring dessert and she wants to grab an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. She said they really like them, but there's too much just for two people. We've never had one, so we have no idea what to expect. It works.

The tri-pepper salad is a new recipe for us. It has feta cheese and we all love feta (except for my BIL). Our grocery store had colored peppers on sale for $1 each, so I bought one red, one orange, and one yellow pepper. We found an interesting cheese at TJ's yesterday.....a mix of Parm and Gouda and you can shred it, just like you shred Parm. I thought I'd shred some for the salad instead of the feta. That way, my BIL may enjoy the salad, too. He really doesn't like feta.

And I know I've mentioned this before, but if you're looking for an excellent mac-and-cheese, try this one: Main Dishes and Entrees - Pasta From John Legend when he was on a Martha Stewart show.
It's in the Main Dishes and Entrees - Pasta thread. Well worth making. It's the only mac and cheese I make now. Yum

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Back to tuna salad. Some sort of "salad"...tuna, chicken, etc...is the norm for me during our very hot, humid summers in North Carolina (I live near the coast, not near the mountains). Last night I dreamed of cold weather and making a huge pot of chili (which freezes quite nicely, btw).

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to tuna salad. Some sort of "salad"...tuna, chicken, etc...is the norm for me during our very hot, humid summers in North Carolina (I live near the coast, not near the mountains). Last night I dreamed of cold weather and making a huge pot of chili (which freezes quite nicely, btw).
I love chili. It does not matter if it is winter or summer. I usually make enough for 4 or 5 days. I never have enough room in my freezer for left overs.

Muffy

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making a bunch of beef, potato, egg and cheese burritos to wrap and freeze for work breakfasts. At least one will be dinner tonight...the only one "not previously frozen".

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers from yesterday. Those chicken breasts were huge, so Rick and I still have some of ours leftover. There is also a wee bit of mac-and-cheese left. And about a cup of tri-pepper salad.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. Again. Something that can be done in the microwave, as I am deep-cleaning the stove as we speak.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We will be scrounging from the refrigerator freezer for dinner tonight....whatever we can dig up. We have a vet appt at 6:30, so dinner will have to be quick.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honey Garlic Shrimp rice casserole. It was pretty easy to make. It came out a bit bland but I also didn't use the full 2 cups of chicken broth to keep the sodium level down. I made up the difference with water. Next time I'll add in the optional hot pepper flakes and more garlic and ginger.

Status
Not open for further replies.