What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Enjoy your pizza tonight - any toppings and, if so, which ones?
It was a barbecue with chicken breast and pineapple, and I'm having it again tonight. And MAYBE tomorrow night, although I'm feeling pretty peckish right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick will be grilling a halved Romaine heart and a chicken breast tonight. I'm making Caesar salad and we'll slice the chicken for topping the salad.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A repeat of last night - pulled pork, cucumber salad and corn on the cob.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have leftover soft shell crabs, coleslaw and baked beans. I also have a pan of gluten free cornbread.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken thighs which I am going to broil. Do not feel like grilling or baking them.
and a salad.

Really want fattening stuff; but my yearly physical at the PCP is tomorrow morning.. I guess I can be good for one day..

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Egg salad, I think. If Tara can give me a ride to the store, I might get a big, fat tomato and have a tomato sandwich.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a container of pasta sauce from the freezer and stuck it in the microwave to thaw. Ravioli with sauce and freshly grated Parm for dinner tonight. With sauteed zucchini with oregano and basil.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I need to check out the vegetable garden and see what's out there. If there are a lot of green beans it will be them with corn and grilled chicken.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ummmmmmm...I dunno. Which means nothing is out of the freezer, which means either hot dogs, tuna salad, or chicken salad. All of which sounds pretty good right now.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I took a container of pasta sauce from the freezer and stuck it in the microwave to thaw. Ravioli with sauce and freshly grated Parm for dinner tonight. With sauteed zucchini with oregano and basil.
You always have the best dinners - can I come to your house if I bring dessert? ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You always have the best dinners - can I come to your house if I bring dessert? ;)
Sure! But not tonight....you see, tonight we're having hot dogs! :lol: Seriously, they're quick and they're easy. We have a vet appt tonight so dinner has to be quick. And we have to eat before the vet appt or else Rick will starve to death. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sure! But not tonight....you see, tonight we're having hot dogs! :lol: Seriously, they're quick and they're easy. We have a vet appt tonight so dinner has to be quick. And we have to eat before the vet appt or else Rick will starve to death. :)
No problem, I'm vegetarian so can't eat hot dogs. :wink: Hope your vet appt. went well. What's for dinner tonight? I have no plans and fresh out of dinner ideas.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Asparagus and arugala pasta salad with pan seared chicken tenders. I took orange&white orange&white 's suggestion to cook an entire package of chicken and freeze what I don't eat right away.
That sounds yummy! I hope that makes your "kitchen life" easier.

I'm doing similarly. I have pre-cooked chicken (crockpot yesterday) and pre-cooked fusilli pasta (cooked the whole bag and froze individual servings). So now all I need is to whack up some veggies and make a creative sauce. I'm going to try a take on this dressing for a pasta salad, except I have fresh cherries not raspberries: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-broth-raspberry-vinaigrette.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last night was a fairly home grown meal. Spiralized zucchini from the garden with basil pesto that I made from basil in the garden along with some sausage. Today will be something I don't cook. :lol2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll also make cucumber salad.
What do you put in your cucumber salad?

I dearly love zucchini but my neighbor has been bringing me so much I'm really getting tired of it.
Do you like zucchini loaf / muffins. If so, you can grate the zucchini into recipe size portions and freeze for baking.

No problem, I'm vegetarian so can't eat hot dogs.
Well a good host would provide veggie hot dogs for you. :lol: Have you tried veggie hot dogs? I don't eat them much, but they are good for when you are invited to a barbecue. They are very similar to beef ones, but when barbecued don't puff up and split the same way.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't do vegan....sorry. I guess they'd be in the grocery store.....if you ever come to visit, I will make sure our dinner is vegan. Honest!

We're thinking brats tonight. With lots of sauerkraut, onions, and peppers. Maybe a hunk of Pepper Jack. That's it. Just brats on the grill.

(Today it's too windy to try out our pizza box. The grill has to be completely opened for the box to work properly and it's terribly gusty outside. We're really hoping that tomorrow will be pizza day!)

Status
Not open for further replies.