What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover chili with brown rice and fresh blackberries for dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
last night was an unhealthy supper. I was not hungry, but did manage to eat some ice cream and some popcorn...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night we stopped in at Ruby Tuesday on our way home from ordering the kitchen shades. It was going on 7:00 til we were finished with the order and so restaurant food it was.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Vegetable lo mein.

Dosen't anybody eat dinner anymore?
Rarely for me, it comes from living alone. I do full dinners for the holidays, but mostly I just do what is quick and easy. After a couple of decades of getting home from work and rushing to fix a "real" dinner, this is wonderful!

last night was an unhealthy supper. I was not hungry, but did manage to eat some ice cream and some popcorn...
AH, a woman after my own heart!

Chicken salad for me.
That sounds good. Think I'll go throw the freezer bag of pasta sauce in the fridge for the night, and do that, instead!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Meeting some girlfriends for pizza so the restaurant will do the cooking and clean up. :biggrin:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rarely for me, it comes from living alone. I do full dinners for the holidays, but mostly I just do what is quick and easy. After a couple of decades of getting home from work and rushing to fix a "real" dinner, this is wonderful!
Yes, I also live alone and rarely fix a full meal. I eat a lot of frozen meals or order pizza or Chinese. Sometimes I just have ice cream or a piece of pie.

Muffy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're trying Jim Beam Hot and Spicy bourbon brats (hopefully on the grill) with lots of sauerkraut, onions and peppers. I'm going to make a small bowl of macaroni salad and dessert will be apple bars. I'm making a pitcher of fresh mint tea.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to give Skinny Honey Lemon Chicken a try tonight. I have the chicken prepped and marinating in the fridge right now. It shouldn't take too long to do the cooking and sauce later.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Scrambled eggs and toast. It's gonna be that sort of a night. I want low-prep comfort food.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever had baked beans on toast? They have that for breakfast in England. It is very good.
Sounds interesting but how do you keep the baked beans from falling off the toast? :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I went to Veggie Fest today and bought a loaf of cinnamon and date Manna bread. Then came home and decided to taste it before dinner. Big mistake, warmed it up and spread a little butter on it. I liked it so much I ate half the bread and couldn't eat a single thing for dinner. :dunno:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a ham steak out of the freezer. Rick can throw that on the grill and we'll have the leftover macaroni salad from yesterday. I'll halve a tomato and stuff it and he can grill the halves, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.