What should you be doing instead of being on TCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweeping the living room. I do not like to sweep. Nor do I like to dust. These two things are the reason that there are dust bunnies under the sofa who growl and snarle when strangers come in the room.
Can we be TCS sisters, @Mamany 1953? I don't mind vacuuming, but for some reason I hate dusting. I used to love it when I was small, and I was "helping mom" by doing it; but now, I have so much furniture, and so many things on the furniture, and so it takes forever to do. I could put the things away, but I love them, and why would I do that? So it's a lot of stuff I love, on dusty tables. And if anyone objects, "I live here. You don't.";)And I can sic the dust bunnies on them.:angrywoman:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to take care of the 'dust bunnies' today... Yuck.. another one who HATEs to dust!!! I actually vacuum and use the dry swiffer more than I dust!!!

Bathroom done, furniture dusted, vacuumed, and made a turkey meatloaf for supper.

I went into the kitchen to preheat oven, smelt something like the burnt run-of juices from a roasted sweet potato or squash...

Opened up the apartment door, another tenant was walking down the corridor.. She pointed and asked if I saw 'that', down the other end.. Yup, it was smoke... She immediately called the super..

While I was In the middle of chopping the onion for the meatloaf.. loud knocking at my door.. Property manage, super, sniffing--- trying to find the source of the smoke..

Darn it.. PM made me leave my onions, and accompany him around to all the apartments, sniffing.. another tenant and then another one joined us...

Still cannot find the source.. even though I showed them the area where I saw it.

Everyone in the building was calling the super... sigh...

Later, it smelt like burnt paper.. weird..

hopefully, it is not bad wiring.. but who the heck knows.... sigh...

anyway.. thread hijacked...

Why they did not call the fire department is beyond me.... OH, they get charged for a false alarm call.... cheap... fingers crossed this place does not burn down... my luck, it would... sigh....

But it really smelt like burnt roasted potatoes or squash. Wonder if it was something else?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to take care of the 'dust bunnies' today... Yuck.. another one who HATEs to dust!!! I actually vacuum and use the dry swiffer more than I dust!!!

Bathroom done, furniture dusted, vacuumed, and made a turkey meatloaf for supper.

I went into the kitchen to preheat oven, smelt something like the burnt run-of juices from a roasted sweet potato or squash...

Opened up the apartment door, another tenant was walking down the corridor.. She pointed and asked if I saw 'that', down the other end.. Yup, it was smoke... She immediately called the super..

While I was In the middle of chopping the onion for the meatloaf.. loud knocking at my door.. Property manage, super, sniffing--- trying to find the source of the smoke..

Darn it.. PM made me leave my onions, and accompany him around to all the apartments, sniffing.. another tenant and then another one joined us...

Still cannot find the source.. even though I showed them the area where I saw it.

Everyone in the building was calling the super... sigh...

Later, it smelt like burnt paper.. weird..

hopefully, it is not bad wiring.. but who the heck knows.... sigh...

anyway.. thread hijacked...

Why they did not call the fire department is beyond me.... OH, they get charged for a false alarm call.... cheap... fingers crossed this place does not burn down... my luck, it would... sigh....

But it really smelt like burnt roasted potatoes or squash. Wonder if it was something else?
OMG, artiemom artiemom ! *Great to see you here, btw* Hope your meatloaf was okay! Sounds great. And sure hope that whatever it was is all over with.
How's your volunteering going?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
So here is what you can do. Make some castings of your hand prints, foot prints or whatever else, and save them. Then have your ashes mixed with cement and made into a nice rock with your imprints in it along with whatever cat paws you might like to include, maybe your name also so it's not an anonymous rock, and have the rock dropped in the spot where all the other pets are buried. Probably someday someone will gaze over there and see a cat sunning himself on your rock. And then your life will be complete as you continue to provide your cats pleasure.
:clap::salam::clap2::cheerleader:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, artiemom artiemom ! *Great to see you here, btw*
Thanks...
I am still here, just not posting as much.

I took a quick break from volunteering because of the darned renovations; but I am back.. actually thinking of picking up a shift on Saturday. I was there, this past Sunday, for my regular shift.

Still no kitty... there were a couple I wanted, but I was too late in deciding, as they were in the process of being adopted. sigh--but I am thinking it was meant to be....

I may not have a kitty for a while. It depends on what comes along. We are getting a ton of older kitties with medical issues. I feel so bad for them~ a lot were given up because their owners had to go into assisted living, died, or they were just abandoned, probably because of medical issues... so sad...

anyway.. I am up early: both the construction guy and the painter are coming in today.. to fix 'mistakes'.. which I discovered and vocalized.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks...
I am still here, just not posting as much.

I took a quick break from volunteering because of the darned renovations; but I am back.. actually thinking of picking up a shift on Saturday. I was there, this past Sunday, for my regular shift.

Still no kitty... there were a couple I wanted, but I was too late in deciding, as they were in the process of being adopted. sigh--but I am thinking it was meant to be....

I may not have a kitty for a while. It depends on what comes along. We are getting a ton of older kitties with medical issues. I feel so bad for them~ a lot were given up because their owners had to go into assisted living, died, or they were just abandoned, probably because of medical issues... so sad...

anyway.. I am up early: both the construction guy and the painter are coming in today.. to fix 'mistakes'.. which I discovered and vocalized.
Good on you for letting them know, artiemom artiemom ! You gotta watch people like a hawk, IMHO. It's very rare to find a person who takes pride in his/her work and actually has a sense of personal responsibility here, I've found. Very sad. I actually had a plumber who wired in a garbage disposal wrong. Could have been DISASTROUS. How did I find out? The next plumber I hired, from a different company of course, found the problem, pointed it out, and installed a new one, correctly. :sigh: For what these things cost, you'd think they'd do it right? :mad:
Yes, I know about the matter of senior cats in the ACC and shelters for those reasons. It seems most people's family members do not take in their cats. This is incomprehensible to me, as the family members probably have known the cats, and the cats are the loved ones of their loved ones who have just passed. I'd think they'd be WANTING to adopt them!!! Our Sammi angel was adopted, at age 14, from a very elderly couple, one of whom was very ill. All of them have since passed, but Sammi graced our lives for 7 wonderful years.
If and when the time is right, and the cat is right, you will know. In the meantime, I'm so glad you're back volunteering again, for you, and for the cats. We can never have too many good, caring volunteers helping and loving cats in shelters! :goldstar:
IMG_2123.JPG

*Our sweet Sammi angel* :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rainy Saturday here, so no outdoor projects will get done, so I'm free to catch up on here a bit. :thumbsup:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Packing a bag for Aislyn to go with her grandma tonight. She's not getting up for another 4 hours. I have plenty of time. And it's early. I don't want to move, yet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually spent the last nine days doing ALL OF THE STUFF I should have been doing instead of being here, so I just get to be here now! MISSED YOU GUYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.