What should you be doing instead of being on TCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, today was one of those "what are you doing when you should be doing TCS" days for me! Slept late, had more company than I wanted. I'm running a good 2.5 hours behind now!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing as far as I'm concerned, managed to squeeze in work hours this weekend, and do random chores, and now I'm doing what I want. =)
It was cooler this weekend, so we did some fence building, and then planned the next re-route. Probably going to slap up another fence in the next week or so but a small one, more of a corral.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ummmmmm...dusting. My friend wrote "DUST ME" in the dust on my entertainment center. I have to either dust, or make a sign that says, "Dust testing in progress. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB SAMPLES!"
This is kind of interesting in that such a simple thing can open up a whole world of people playing games and psychology stuff.

There is the friend who means nothing by that kind of statement other than they are being observant, because obviously you for some reason or defect you didn't notice the problem. Then there are the ones who just want to let you know that they are better than you and would never tolerate that kind of thing and it shows how poor a person you are compared to them. Now I have responded at times to those kinds of comments with a simple "so when are you coming over to help?" That often deflates them, but only if they aren't totally steeped in their arrogance. It does usually really put them off because if they really were good friends they already know that you shouldn't even have to ask that. But the real genuine good hearted people are the ones who ask where are the tools and how can I help?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now I have responded at times to those kinds of comments with a simple "so when are you coming over to help?"
Bless her, if I said that, she'd be here with a dust rag and her can of Pledge (or whatever she uses). She's a good person. She also likes to get my goat just a little on occasion!

~scampers off to print out that sign...~

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While there are any number of things I could be doing, none of them appeal much today. It is very dark, bad storms coming and going. I'd rather be here.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother used to do that to my TV screen. It used to make me so mad!
I did this as a joke once on a large piece of furniture.
I wrote "DUST ME!" in bold letters and was asked later why I didn't just DUST the object.
Gads, people, I was trying (un-sucessfully I guess) to be clever and witty. =/

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Which brings us back to, I guess I should be dusting. I'm tired of looking at the message. It disturbs the continuity of the patina of dust on the shelves...

Status
Not open for further replies.