Weird household objects as toys

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My one cat is pretty calm but Diago loves plastic bags.. he waits for you to give him one if you are unloading stuff out of them.. then he goes and makes a 'nest' out of it ..poking and prodding and stretching with his paws until its right and then lays in it.. and if misty, the other cat, tries to go look at it he attacks her and then goes back to it. ...even if he leaves it and its still there if she goes to it he runs back to guard. lol

arellamarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Delilah likes plastic. I try to keep it away from her, but she just adores the stuff, particularly plastic that comes from around the top of my gatorade bottles. She's dug in the trash TWICE to retrieve these after I've gotten rid of them, then carries them around the apartment like little treasures she's proud of. Probably because it's hard, crinkly plastic.

She also seems to like the Monster High dolls that I collect. I was in the kitchen fixing dinner when I heard a dragging sound on the floor, and out she came dragging a doll bigger than her by the hair to display it for me. We had to move all of them onto higher shelves.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
She also seems to like the Monster High dolls that I collect. I was in the kitchen fixing dinner when I heard a dragging sound on the floor, and out she came dragging a doll bigger than her by the hair to display it for me. We had to move all of them onto higher shelves.
Brilliant, just brilliant.   

freaknpink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My makeup brushes ..mostly my big blush brush
Gnarly LOVES plastic bags. She somehow always finds one. Sometimes she carries one around in her mouth and Ransom runs for his life...as plastic bags scare him. Lol
Zelda is the hair band bandit! I find them missing all the time
Wads of foil
Gnarly plays with her kibble! It's the cutest thing... She runs back and forth attacking stray bits of food on the floor
The spring door stops in my apartment. I'll be sleeping and hear it
Ransom sticks to actual cat toys as everything scares him

Last edited:

mmm1211

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Spartan loves golf balls. He loves battong them around especially in the kitchen. I think that he likes the noise that they make when they roll on a hard surface.
Other than that he seems pretty content to play with my zipper pulls, shoelaces, buttons, and anything else that he can get at while it is on my person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Other than that he seems pretty content to play with my zipper pulls, shoelaces, buttons, and anything else that he can get at while it is on my person.
I definitely feel you here!  Archer is like that and both Archer & Hugo love zipper pulls and even if I try to hide the zipper they have a tendency to try to dig it out so that they can chew on it.  Glad to hear it's not just my boys being really weird

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another weird thing that we've found is that Archer is an aspiring poker player
  He loves my hubby's poker chips.  He bats them around and tries to pick them up to carry them around.  It's so cute when he manages to figure out how to pop it up off of the floor so that he can pick it up because he seems so proud of himself for figuring it out:)  I've swiped a couple of them and keep them in his toy basket so that they're always there when he wants them now.

Oh, and velcro!  When we first brought Archer home I had a thing of velcro sitting on the couch that I was going to sew into something.  It was the cheap kind that you can get from Walmart for like 99¢.  Archer grabbed it and took off with it carrying it around like a dog bone.  He'd bat it around, throw it up in the air and chew on it.  I think he loved chewing on it because he was still teething a bit at the time and it felt good on his teeth and gums.  Now every once in awhile I'll go and buy him a cheap thing of velcro from there just for old times sake and it'll make him revert to his kitten hood playing the same way that he did before.  Priceless:)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My cat will pounce on the chair or my grandmas oxygen hose when he sees it move
Oh dear.. I wonder what grandma thinks about that...

I just got new knitting needles and for some reason they absolutley fascinate Sundar, even when they're just lying around.

As for actually knitting with them - that I gave up on..

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sophie really enjoys playing with rolled up socks (she learned to open the closet and steals the  socks), laundry tongs/pliers/clamps (I don't know how they're called in English), my hairbands and the tub stopper. Before getting my other cats, the couple of dozens toy mice, balls and other cat toys were left untouched.

Sophie also was a hoarder when she was a kitten: she had a secret stash of socks, hairbands, t-shirts and scarfs under the couch.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some of these are so funny! I'm especially fascinated by the thieves and hoarders. There are only 2 odd things we have as toys that haven't already been mentioned. One is the thick, twisted string handles off of shopping bags (they love the bags, too). The other is toilet bolt caps. We have 3 toilets in our house and not a bolt cap left in place. We gave up on trying to keep them in their appropriate place along time ago.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ava is currently running around with a package of kleenexes in her mouth which she is throwing and chasing. 

fyreflair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The favorite in this house is a green lucky rabbits foot -_-' the kittens especially will pick it up in their mouths and run. It's quite cute. Other than that though it's a free for all. If it fits in their mouth it's usually theirs lol they all have a thing for taking things and running with them...Pencils, papers, books, money (coin and paper..still never found that dollar one stole) Nintendo DS, silverware, and people food. That last one is hilarious! They'll steal food from off my boyfriend of mines plate and run around the house playing with it instead of eating it. Little Mr.Bubbles had a long drawn out battle with a piece of bacon. Until his siblings got involved then the bacon lost 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The other is toilet bolt caps. We have 3 toilets in our house and not a bolt cap left in place. We gave up on trying to keep them in their appropriate place along time ago.
That brings back memories! We had two Airedale puppies (siblings), and they wouldn't leave them alone.

Mogli has spent the past couple of days batting a walnut around. I think he's consoling himself because I keep taking metal bottle caps away from him.

Last edited: