We Were Caught By A Kitten.

mellerrzz

owned by kitten
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I’m going to start off by saying that never in my 19 years did i think i would ever say i owned a cat... but sometimes life just throws you for a whirlwind.

With that being said, my family & I welcomed into our home, Mariposa, a kitten who we had seen with her mom in our backyard. One day we noticed she came alone, with no mom, and then one day turned to two and three, etc. Our initial plan was to take her in, get her weight up and drop her off at a shelter but she caught us, lol. We fell in love with her feisty little personality & truly saw how over the course of the first two weeks she warmed up to us.

Now, she’s an official member of the family. I cant even imagine a life where I didn’t want a cat & Im glad she has us to give her all the love she deserves.

She’s a feisty, high spirited tuxedo lady, whose obsessed with chicken & falling asleep in the weirdest places.

with love,
mellerrzz (& mariposa)

[i wish there was a way to put a video along with my post but i don’t know how to do that & all i have of her are videos]

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, they have a habit of doing that, LOL! Mariposa is so pretty, and I love her name. Welcome to TCS!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
333333.jpg~c200.jpeg
to you mellerrzz and Mariposa, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3662.GIF

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What a cute little fella! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Thank you for taking her in and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

Do take more photos of her as she grows up pretty fast and you'll not have enough kitten photos of him and do post more photos of him for us to see and we have a special thread here just for him in :-tuxedo-cats.281802 and many fun thread here in :- fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty's up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules
how-to-upload-and-add-videos-to-your-posts.33881bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and do sign up for our Newsletter : - newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Mariposa is a beauty! Her eyes are such a lovely color. I can see how she stole your heart! :redheartpump:

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the both of you! :wave3:

She's gorgeous. It's easy to see how she stole your heart. You can add videos using this from the menu above the text box

upload_2019-6-21_6-28-20.png

This will come up

upload_2019-6-21_6-28-55.png

Paste the link into the box and click embed. All done!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to cat ownership or being owned by a cat. As a new cat parent a couple of things. First of all is getting your girl to the vet for her first round of shots and you want to bring a poop sample with so they can check for worms. You also want to talk to your vet about scheduling her spay some time before she is four or five months old.

As she gets older you will also need to decide if she will be an indoor only cat or whether she will be allowed out doors. Indoors only is definitely safest but it depends on where you live.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and to that precious Mariposa! You are far from the first person to be caught by a kitten here, and I doubt you'll be the last. They have a way of wrapping you around those precious jellybean toes and worming their way into your heart, don't they?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new, first-time cat "parent". :bouquet: Mariposa is paws-itively adorable. :catlove: