Whether you're new here or a long-time member, you may find the answers to these questions interesting.
Got more questions? Post them in the comments section!
New Cats on The Block forum.
- Where can I find the site rules?
- If I read something that violates the site rules, what should I do?
- Who can provide medical advice and how?
- Can I recommend a specific diet to another user?
- How can I promote my site/business/cause here?
- Can I link to a website from a post?
- Can I copy an article from another website into my post?
- Can I copy an article or image from TheCatSite.com into another website (another forum, or my blog)?
- Can I link to an article that I found on TheCatSite.com?
- Catspeak - where and when can I post as my cat?
- What's Purraise?
- How can I get more people to answer my question?
- What do these badges mean? The official site roles: moderators, mentors and advisors
- How can I become a team member?
Here's a direct link to the forum rules. Please do take a minute to read them, and when you get bored and in need of a quick break, you can always read them again!
1. Click the little flag that's under the post/review/image.
This allows you to flag the post for the site moderators to review. It's the fastest and most effective way to draw a moderator's attention to a problem post.
2. That's it. Please do not respond to the offending post, don't feed trolls and spammers and avoid flaming other users.
Feel free to share experiences about treatments your own cats received but do not recommend treatments for other members' cats. More about what you can and can't do when discussing treatments.
Specifically, if you wish to suggest a homemade or raw diet click here to read our special instructions on how and where you can do that.
If you wish to promote your site, business or cause on our site please click to read the guidelines on that.
If you're not affiliated in any way with a website, you may link to it. However, keep in mind that we have a treasure trove of cat care articles right here on the site. Please check the articles section first and only link outside the site if you absolutely have to. There is no actual rule as to how much you can link outside the website but it's good netiquette to limit your links from a forum to other websites.
Thank you for keeping our members right here on TCS!
Can I copy an article or image from TheCatSite.com into another website (another forum, or my blog)?No. You may not copy anything that you see on TCS, articles, images, reviews, or anything else without explicit written permission from the site owner, Anne Moss.
If you want to re-publish content from TheCatSite.com, contact us with a clear request so we can discuss this.
You may only post as a cat in The Cat's Meow forum. Here are The Cat's Meow posting guidelines.
Read all about purraise here.
The long answer: 13 Surefire Tips for Getting Better, Faster Replies in the Forums
You can read all about these roles here.
We look for members who are over 18, have been very active on the site for at least six months and have no infractions. Existing team members recommend members who meet these criteria and are also friendly, committed to good cat care and cat welfare, have good communication skills and whom they feel may be a good match for one of our team roles. We then approach these members and offer them to join.