Venting....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like she was an amazing woman. Its hard enough for people to get along with their in-laws, but to be best friends? That says a lot about her. :heartshape:

I tried volunteering to help read to children who are learning to read, but they needed someone during the day when i am working. I would really like to volunteer in something that involves helping kids.:hearthrob:

Thank you for thinking of me. :heartshape:
I loved the video. It really expresses the dark places we go to when we get overwhelmed with life. But theres always something to be thankful for in our lives.

Thank you again for always being a support for me when i post here. It means a lot to me. :hugs:
How are you doing now?

The read to shelter cats program is a great one. It involves kids reading to cats waiting for their loving permanent homes and of course it helps build confidence in the kids while it gives the cats in need the companionship they crave.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing now?

The read to shelter cats program is a great one. It involves kids reading to cats waiting for their loving permanent homes and of course it helps build confidence in the kids while it gives the cats in need the companionship they crave.
i saw pictures about that program, its so cute! Maybe one day i can take my niece. It would be a good experience. I just feel bad when i go to shelters because i know most of the animals might not find homes. :frown:

As to how i am doing, im a bit stressed. My sister and her husband are coming down to stay here at least three weeks, maybe more. Arriving Saturday, so the peace and quiet is over. Just the thought of dealing with her nagging, and yelling has me stressed. I love my sister, but i dont like her very much. To explain her personality, she once came to visit and immediately noticed i had moved the litter box temporarily downstairs. She will notice a speck of rice in the kitchen immediately upon entering the kitchen. I wish i was kidding, i am not. Shes mostly kind, but has an awful temper, and thinks everything should be her way. I've learned how to go around her so she wont freak out, but it gets tiring.

They're planning to do renovations to the house, im hoping it isnt a huge thing because i dont want my cats stressed or stuck in my room locked up. They're supposedly fixing the stairs. They want to get rid of stuff in the garage and bring in my nieces dog. Shes had him shoved in the garage because shes too lazy to deal with him. I had to step in and tell my sister the dog was in there bleeding from fleas/ticks. They keep treating them for fleas, but they wont go away. So now hes coming in, which is fine because i feel bad for him. But this dog has had this issue for years that he pees all over the house. Even ive been stuck cleaning up after him because my niece denied that it was her dog spraying, she blamed my brothers dog.

The last time she came she stayed for a week and i was desperate for her to leave. Shes always claiming she doesnt have money for the mortgage and they are wasting money on improving the house. I was doing great until my niece told me they were coming down. Sounds awful but ive been praying that they would drop off my niece and go back right away.

I wish i had the money to go to a hotel. But i cant afford it, and that would freak out my cats.

sorry, i was in such a good place mentally, and this brought me down. Im praying theres no issues while they are here.

Update: Sorry just started getting down and crying. My mental state hasnt been great, especially since i got on the hormone pills. My mental state tends to plunge randomly, and i find myself crying over the stupidest things. I need peace and quiet and i dont have an answer on how to get there. :frown:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i saw pictures about that program, its so cute! Maybe one day i can take my niece. It would be a good experience. I just feel bad when i go to shelters because i know most of the animals might not find homes. :frown:

As to how i am doing, im a bit stressed. My sister and her husband are coming down to stay here at least three weeks, maybe more. Arriving Saturday, so the peace and quiet is over. Just the thought of dealing with her nagging, and yelling has me stressed. I love my sister, but i dont like her very much. To explain her personality, she once came to visit and immediately noticed i had moved the litter box temporarily downstairs. She will notice a speck of rice in the kitchen immediately upon entering the kitchen. I wish i was kidding, i am not. Shes mostly kind, but has an awful temper, and thinks everything should be her way. I've learned how to go around her so she wont freak out, but it gets tiring.

They're planning to do renovations to the house, im hoping it isnt a huge thing because i dont want my cats stressed or stuck in my room locked up. They're supposedly fixing the stairs. They want to get rid of stuff in the garage and bring in my nieces dog. Shes had him shoved in the garage because shes too lazy to deal with him. I had to step in and tell my sister the dog was in there bleeding from fleas/ticks. They keep treating them for fleas, but they wont go away. So now hes coming in, which is fine because i feel bad for him. But this dog has had this issue for years that he pees all over the house. Even ive been stuck cleaning up after him because my niece denied that it was her dog spraying, she blamed my brothers dog.

The last time she came she stayed for a week and i was desperate for her to leave. Shes always claiming she doesnt have money for the mortgage and they are wasting money on improving the house. I was doing great until my niece told me they were coming down. Sounds awful but ive been praying that they would drop off my niece and go back right away.

I wish i had the money to go to a hotel. But i cant afford it, and that would freak out my cats.

sorry, i was in such a good place mentally, and this brought me down. Im praying theres no issues while they are here.

Update: Sorry just started getting down and crying. My mental state hasnt been great, especially since i got on the hormone pills. My mental state tends to plunge randomly, and i find myself crying over the stupidest things. I need peace and quiet and i dont have an answer on how to get there. :frown:
OMC! I wish I could say something positive, calming, or otherwise hopeful, but to be honest it sounds like three weeks of absolute hell. At this time?!! Are they even allowed to do the travelling and staying at this time?
The best thing I can come up with right now is "This too shall pass" which is what we've all been telling ourselves all through "all of this" :vibes::vibes::vibes:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMC! I wish I could say something positive, calming, or otherwise hopeful, but to be honest it sounds like three weeks of absolute hell. At this time?!! Are they even allowed to do the travelling and staying at this time?
The best thing I can come up with right now is "This too shall pass" which is what we've all been telling ourselves all through "all of this" :vibes::vibes::vibes:
I'm not sure, they made the trip a few weeks back and they weren't stopped. They are driving from New Haven, Indiana to Homestead, Fl. I dont think the police are stopping people who are traveling, which honestly they should.

Thank you for your kind words, im going to try to keep my patience. My sister has her good side like anyone, i just cant handle the negativity right now. I'm just going to hide out in my room as much as possible. I like that quote i will try to remind myself of that. lol

I sometimes think of my sister as Jekyll and Hyde. She can be that nice person that will allow a coworker to come stay at her home during hard times. And she can be that person that can nag/yell about the stupidest things.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure, they made the trip a few weeks back and they weren't stopped. They are driving from New Haven, Indiana to Homestead, Fl. I dont think the police are stopping people who are traveling, which honestly they should.

Thank you for your kind words, im going to try to keep my patience. My sister has her good side like anyone, i just cant handle the negativity right now. I'm just going to hide out in my room as much as possible. I like that quote i will try to remind myself of that. lol

I sometimes think of my sister as Jekyll and Hyde. She can be that nice person that will allow a coworker to come stay at her home during hard times. And she can be that person that can nag/yell about the stupidest things.
That was my Ex #3, too -- kind, generous, smart, funny, affectionate -- and then there was the other side. I guess we all have it to some extent, but it was pretty extreme in him IMHO. Yeah, hiding out is good. And I agree with you about stopping people -- travel should NOT be an option right now. We're all supposed to be under lockdown!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was my Ex #3, too -- kind, generous, smart, funny, affectionate -- and then there was the other side. I guess we all have it to some extent, but it was pretty extreme in him IMHO. Yeah, hiding out is good. And I agree with you about stopping people -- travel should NOT be an option right now. We're all supposed to be under lockdown!
We all have our negative side. It's only an issue when the negative side tends to show up too much.

The state's in general don't seem to be taking this too seriously. All travel should be banned. The expressways shouldn't be full.

Im feeling better today though. Hopefully things won't get hectic. 🙂

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then you may be interested in reading this article or perhaps send it to your sister. ;)
If you're traveling between states, here's where you'll have to self-quarantine

Best of luck, I hope for your sake she changes her mind but if not you always have us to lean on. :hugs:
Thank you! That means a lot. :hugs: :heartshape:

They had thought about this and asked me to help them check if they can travel. I warned them of what the article said. They decided to risk it any way. :frustrated:Not sure if they will be stopped on the way. With how things are, i doubt anyone will bother to stop them.

My niece told me she only she trucks driving in the expressways.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! That means a lot. :hugs: :heartshape:

They had thought about this and asked me to help them check if they can travel. I warned them of what the article said. They decided to risk it any way. :frustrated:Not sure if they will be stopped on the way. With how things are, i doubt anyone will bother to stop them.

My niece told me she only she trucks driving in the expressways.
We've had people protesting lockdown here in la-la land. Some of them think COVID-19 is a "lie". Over two million positively testing, thousands dead, and they claim it is a "hoax". One wishes it was only them affected.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had people protesting lockdown here in la-la land. Some of them think COVID-19 is a "lie". Over two million positively testing, thousands dead, and they claim it is a "hoax". One wishes it was only them affected.
Incredible. People are so ignorant. Why would you want to take the risk? these people have no clue what it is like being in a ventilator. I have been traumatized ever since i saw them take my mom off of intubation. Seeing them pull the tube from her throat was awful to see. She couldnt speak when she was intubated, but she would point to her throat. I would ask if she wanted it removed, and she would nod.

People that are selfish like that genuinely make me sick to my stomach. Hopefully they dont open up your state until it is safe. :vibes: :heartshape:

P.S. my sister and niece are almost here. They made it all the way to orlando without being stopped. I still cant believe they are allowing people to drive around freely. She was even telling me they made stops on the way. Not sure how as i thought most things were closed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Incredible. People are so ignorant. Why would you want to take the risk? these people have no clue what it is like being in a ventilator. I have been traumatized ever since i saw them take my mom off of intubation. Seeing them pull the tube from her throat was awful to see. She couldnt speak when she was intubated, but she would point to her throat. I would ask if she wanted it removed, and she would nod.

People that are selfish like that genuinely make me sick to my stomach. Hopefully they dont open up your state until it is safe. :vibes: :heartshape:

P.S. my sister and niece are almost here. They made it all the way to orlando without being stopped. I still cant believe they are allowing people to drive around freely. She was even telling me they made stops on the way. Not sure how as i thought most things were closed.
Agree with you 100%, terestrife terestrife and I am so sorry for your suffering (and your mom's). I do not have to see something like this to know it is NOT something ANYONE should in their wildest nightmares want to mess with or, ever worse, risk giving to others. Unfortunately, CA is not the only state experiencing this kind of "rugged individualist" arrogance and ignorance. It is present at the very top level of the government, as we all know by now; and it is also present in those that follow this extremist ideology. IDK if it's something in what they're eating or drinking, or what, but they are lunatics and if the risks were limited to them alone, that would be one thing, but the fact that their flouting the recommendations of those who DO know how terrible this virus is and want to protect us all may well kill innocent people and animals who depend on those people to survive.

My empathy, and sympathy, for you in the coming days. May you get through it and remain strong.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister has been pushing my niece to let her baby walk more (he'll be two in september). Before he would only walk around the second floor, my niece didnt want him walking where the cats walk. Now he's loose downstairs and terrifying Elsa. She tends to get scared and hide in her tree. The sound of his toys on the floor is freaking her out. Just dont want her to get so scared that she cant go to her litter box. Her litter box is near the laundry room. She would have to walk past him to get to it.

Im glad the baby is more comfortable walking, but im worrying about Elsa. I hope she gets used to the noises, or that she doesnt bring him down all day. It sounds mean, but i dont like her being stuck scared in her tree. Shes usually my more active cat.

Agree with you 100%, terestrife terestrife and I am so sorry for your suffering (and your mom's). I do not have to see something like this to know it is NOT something ANYONE should in their wildest nightmares want to mess with or, ever worse, risk giving to others. Unfortunately, CA is not the only state experiencing this kind of "rugged individualist" arrogance and ignorance. It is present at the very top level of the government, as we all know by now; and it is also present in those that follow this extremist ideology. IDK if it's something in what they're eating or drinking, or what, but they are lunatics and if the risks were limited to them alone, that would be one thing, but the fact that their flouting the recommendations of those who DO know how terrible this virus is and want to protect us all may well kill innocent people and animals who depend on those people to survive.

My empathy, and sympathy, for you in the coming days. May you get through it and remain strong.
thank you. im sending you positive energy too so we can get through this. :vibes: :heartshape:

I saw this vegan on youtube who lives in the jungle claiming that we should isolate ourselves, that we should expose ourselves so we can get herd immunity. does she realize the government took months to start acting and its because people were exposed that its gotten to this point?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister has been pushing my niece to let her baby walk more (he'll be two in september). Before he would only walk around the second floor, my niece didnt want him walking where the cats walk. Now he's loose downstairs and terrifying Elsa. She tends to get scared and hide in her tree. The sound of his toys on the floor is freaking her out. Just dont want her to get so scared that she cant go to her litter box. Her litter box is near the laundry room. She would have to walk past him to get to it.

Im glad the baby is more comfortable walking, but im worrying about Elsa. I hope she gets used to the noises, or that she doesnt bring him down all day. It sounds mean, but i dont like her being stuck scared in her tree. Shes usually my more active cat.
Is there any way you can bring your cats and their supplies into an area you can keep locked so they will not be terrorized?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way you can bring your cats and their supplies into an area you can keep locked so they will not be terrorized?
its my sisters house, i only have my bedroom. We would have to be shut in together in a tiny bedroom. I am allergic to cats so i have never allowed them to sleep in my room. I already take allergy medication just so i can have them in the house.

I get itchy bumps on my hands just from touching them. I ended up with an itchy rash that took weeks to heal. lol all the hand sanitizer wouldnt let it heal.

Its not just about me. Kitty would hate being locked up all day. She freaks out when she isnt free to roam. :frown:

I'll have to see how the situation develops.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its my sisters house, i only have my bedroom. We would have to be shut in together in a tiny bedroom. I am allergic to cats so i have never allowed them to sleep in my room. I already take allergy medication just so i can have them in the house.

I get itchy bumps on my hands just from touching them. I ended up with an itchy rash that took weeks to heal. lol all the hand sanitizer wouldnt let it heal.

Its not just about me. Kitty would hate being locked up all day. She freaks out when she isnt free to roam. :frown:

I'll have to see how the situation develops.
*PRAYERS* that the kid does not harm your beloved cats, or scare them to traumatize them!!!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS* that the kid does not harm your beloved cats, or scare them to traumatize them!!!
My cats are used to children. In my last home, i got Kitty at the same time that my niece Abby was born. Shes amazing with children. The baby (Lukas the one i live with) was trying to touch her and she just looked at him curiously. lol My niece abby once threw her off a chair, i thought she would freak so i went to grab her. She just shook herself and got back on the chair. :flail:Kitty treats children different than she does adults.

Elsa was around abby when she was a bit older. So shes used to children but doesnt like them. Shes the one that worries me. Shes smart and knows to hide. I think she'll be more likely to hide if shes scared.

Im always checking on them. If i feel they are in danger, i will bring them into my room.

I just dont know if they will be too happy locked up. My niece keeps an eye on the baby. Ive told her Elsa is more finicky to be careful around her. She knows what kind of attitude Elsa has.

I'll keep an eye on things for now. I want the kitties safe, but i want them happy too, so im torn. :frown:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are used to children. In my last home, i got Kitty at the same time that my niece Abby was born. Shes amazing with children. The baby (Lukas the one i live with) was trying to touch her and she just looked at him curiously. lol My niece abby once threw her off a chair, i thought she would freak so i went to grab her. She just shook herself and got back on the chair. :flail:Kitty treats children different than she does adults.

Elsa was around abby when she was a bit older. So shes used to children but doesnt like them. Shes the one that worries me. Shes smart and knows to hide. I think she'll be more likely to hide if shes scared.

Im always checking on them. If i feel they are in danger, i will bring them into my room.

I just dont know if they will be too happy locked up. My niece keeps an eye on the baby. Ive told her Elsa is more finicky to be careful around her. She knows what kind of attitude Elsa has.

I'll keep an eye on things for now. I want the kitties safe, but i want them happy too, so im torn. :frown:
They can't be happy if they are hurt, though, you know.
I was an ignorant child, too, like all children are, and one time I pulled my beloved cat's tail, not out of malice but because it was there and it was plume-y and enticing. Fortunately my mom saw me do this, and right away, she came up to me, too some of my hair in her hand and pulled, hard enough to hurt me. When I reacted, she told me, "See? That's how it feels when you pull his tail!"
I never pulled his tail again.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can't be happy if they are hurt, though, you know.
I was an ignorant child, too, like all children are, and one time I pulled my beloved cat's tail, not out of malice but because it was there and it was plume-y and enticing. Fortunately my mom saw me do this, and right away, she came up to me, too some of my hair in her hand and pulled, hard enough to hurt me. When I reacted, she told me, "See? That's how it feels when you pull his tail!"
I never pulled his tail again.
i just talked to my niece. she has her faults, but she loves her son dearly. i explained to her my concern. She said she would be careful.

Shes always shown to me that shes a concerned mom. She'll ask me to watch him if she leaves the room. I will continue keeping an eye out though.

EDIT: i cannot stand my sisters new husband some times. I have a this weird quirk when it comes to showing affection (hugs and kisses). I can give you a hug one day and it wont bother me. The next day i wont want anyone near me. I dont know why i am like this. Been this way all my life, even with close loved ones. Always confused my mom and i think it hurt her thinking there was something wrong with her. P.S. nothing bad ever happened to me, thank god!

Anyway, today i told him hi, and when he tried to hug me, i told him no. I know that sounds rude. But i made the mistake the last time of hugging him hello. Then every time he would see me he would want a hug, kiss my cheek, and pat my head. Every time he would see me, even though we were staying in the same house. A few hours later he tries again to hug me, after i told him no. :angryfire: Thankfully, my sister understands me and lied to him telling him i didnt give her a hug. Respect is a big deal to me.

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally, maybe. But with "social distancing" and someone new who came from another state, I think it would sound totally, completely appropriate. :hugs:
Thats true. LOL Didnt think about that.

My sister had warned him from the beginning that i dont like hugging and things like that. lol i hugged him once because my sister kept nagging that he thought i didnt like him. I am kind to people, but it takes me a while to open up.

But then he just ended up making me uncomfortable with his obsessive hugging, and kissing me on my cheek. I dont like being touched that much. Its just the way i am. Funnily enough, my brothers daughter is the same way. He was telling me once how she hates anyone hugging her, or kissing her. Shes quiet and tends to not speak up much. Isnt that funny how things like that run in the family?