Trappers On My Complex

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news! I hope and pray that the other five can find their way back home, or have found another caregiver. It will be a rough journey for the 15 year old, hopefully he is traveling with a buddy. I hope they are able to follow each other's sent back home. What amazing kitties :)

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that your cats are making it back home!! Fingers crossed the rest of them make it back soon...especially your old boy :crossfingers::vibes:Good vibes!

And hopefully that community service will spark a new attitude in those boys. Perhaps they'll even become advocates for ferals and animals in general...you never know. The biggest cat hater I ever knew fell in love with a stray cat on his property (he tried to scare it away and then felt bad). Now he's a cat papa and spoils his girl rotten (she's an indoor cat now).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I've neglected this thread but six of my complexes are up for state inspection. Usually they stagger the inspections but this year they've been scheduled back to back!

It's an enormous nightmare because State Auditors will come in and randomly choose fifteen files and go through them with a fine tooth comb. We're Tax Credit/Income Restricted so the amount of verification and documentation the state requires on each leaseholder is utterly insane. Should a resident be determined to be "out of compliance" they have to move within seven days! And if they are out of compliance it would be through negligence on our part. In all my years of doing this I've never had that situation arise, knock on wood. Auditors will also inspect the interior of several random units and the exteriors of the buildings.

It's a very stressful time for all involved.

But, the one bit of good news I had this morning is . . .

Wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

Three more cats came back, including my fifteen year old boy!!!

They were there this morning, according to the maintenance supervisor, a little after 7:00 a.m., lounging around and waiting for their breakfast! My older guy has a cut on his ear that may have to be looked at. We sent the vet a picture who said that it was too old to stitch and to just flush it and put him on meds. We have a fairly decent feline med kit on each property, thanks to her so he had antibiotics mixed in with his food this morning.

Each resident who had a hand in orchestrating the hiring of the trappers has been booted. I made a point to be at the property on the 15th to watch their sad little faces as they turned in their keys. Like an idiot I expected to hear the words "I'm sorry" but not a single one of them displayed ANY remorse whatsoever, so GOOD RIDDANCE, I say.

I'll update again after I get home tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tears of joy for you lavishsqualor lavishsqualor !! I'm so very happy to here this news, and look at your 15 year old boy go! I'm guessing he's got a trick or two up his sleeve regarding survival! Hehe Just ecstatic!! :goldstar::dance:
I'm driving down there this weekend to bring him back to Orlando. I hate to take him away from all his buddies but I really do want him to live out the remaining years he has in comfort. To have been outside all these years he's such a lapcat. The minute you sit down . . . BOOM! You have a lap full of cat!

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm driving down there this weekend to bring him back to Orlando. I hate to take him away from all his buddies but I really do want him to live out the remaining years he has in comfort. To have been outside all these years he's such a lapcat. The minute you sit down . . . BOOM! You have a lap full of cat!
Excellent lavishsqualor lavishsqualor !!! Looking forward to pics and stories. I'm certain he will be spoiled accordingly. ;)

As for audits, best of luck to you! I don't know you personally but I have a feeling you will soar thru with ease!! (After hours and hours of meticulous consideration to each and every unit and tenants paperwork on your part.) I picture you as a very "get it done" man. Much respect for that and your compassion! :rock:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm starting to believe in miracles. You got 6 cats back safe, caught the trappers, and evicted the evil tenants who hired them. This is a way better ending to the story than I imagined. If the other two make it back, I will have to celebrate. I've got a bottle of wine waiting. Come on final two!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
FAN-friggin-TASTIC!!!! :bunnydance::bliss::bunnydance:

So glad they made their way home.
Keeping fingers, paws, & tails crossed for the last stragglers.
Looking forward to pics of the ol' guy... what're ya gonna name him?

Ugh, I get that not-really-surprised-but-still-disapointed thing with the turd-people. Those kind of people will never learn from their mistakes. And, is it me, or does there seem to be more of them out there these days? It's almost like there's a rising tide of entitlement and self justification going on. Makes me kinda sad, because that is a scary trend on a larger scale.