Trappers On My Complex

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Below is our celebratory lunch which took place when the last two made it home.
Cheers to that! :beerchug:

Your dedication and perseverance paid off not only for the ferals making it home safely but for getting involved without hesitation. I know you don't think of yourself as a hero but you're our hero. :hugs:

Happy New Year to you, your property manager, lovely staff and residents.

Last edited:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lavishsqualor lavishsqualor
Could it be worth talking to the prosecutor about increasing the charges against criminal #3.

Although you mentioned misdemeanor charges, it appears Arkansas laws include a felony level if torture was involved. Placing one or more cats in a closed plastic bin for more than ten minutes to load, transport, unload could possibly be defined as torture (fear of not being able to breath).

AR - Cruelty - Consolidated Cruelty/Animal Fighting Laws | Animal Legal & Historical Center

"Summary:

This section contains the Arkansas anti-cruelty and animal fighting provisions. A person commits a misdemeanor if he or she knowingly abandons any animal , subjects any animal to cruel mistreatment, fails to supply an animal in his or her custody with a sufficient quantity of wholesome food and water, fails to provide an animal in his or her custody with adequate shelter, kills or injures any animal belonging to another without legal privilege or consent of the owner, or carries an animal in or upon any motorized vehicle or boat in a cruel or inhumane manner. Aggravated cruelty to a cat, dog, or horse is a Class D felony if the offense involves the torture."

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this post through the article so I knew they had all found their way home already, but reading through it got me really pissed off that those people would pull something like that knowing it was wrong, and especially after actual trappers refused to do it and told them it was illegal.

Good on you lavishsqualor lavishsqualor for suckering those dirtbags into giving you the info you needed, and good riddance to them.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks to the utterly incomparable Norachan for writing the article!
Thank you. I'm blushing now.

:blush:

All I did was put together the story that was already here. The real thanks should go to lavishsqualor lavishsqualor and all those wonderful people who helped you look for the cats when they were missing.

:rock:

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so upset I don’t even know what I’m doing.
<<deletia>>
When I find the trappers—and I will, I promise--I’m going to sue them into oblivion. They had no legal right to do what they did and they knew that.

Those eight cats were sweet and good and never bothered a soul. One was a stray that our vet said had to be close to fifteen.
Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I had something similar happen while I was in the hospital recently. It was very upsetting.

Your story has a nice ending, mine however, with the exception of two outdoor colony kitties of the original nine, all are still missing. Those little guys were born here, this was their home, and if they were in the neighborhood, they'd find their way home.... : (

If I were you....I'd call the police and file formal charges with the District Attorney's Orfice.

Alpha-Kitty

Last edited:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just found the article featured on the home page and followed it here to read it in its entirety. Can you hug a thread? I want to hug this thread. Even though I knew it had a positive (almost unbelievable) outcome, it still is such a worthwhile read. Congratulations to everyone involved. What a great story and such a happy ending! :grouphug:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!
What a fantastic holiday ending to this saga.
I think you're right, this totally needs to be made into a movie.
My guess is that someone took them in over the summer and fall, but at some point they were let back outside (or escaped) and they found their way back to familiar territory. What an adventure.