Trappers On My Complex

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It would make a good movie, wouldn't it? Maybe we have a plan here, we already have the story, just need to write the script, find some good animators, get a few actors signed up to read the parts....

:D

It was partly because of movies like The Aristocats that I became such an animal lover. A friend of mine became a vegetarian after watching Bambi.

Sending more vibes for those two stragglers, hope they make it home soon.

:vibes: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for ignoring this thread. The spring and summer months are brutally busy in my industry but that's no excuse. You guys were My Rock when this was going on and I'll never forget that. You were always on my side and never thought that I was overreacting (like some others in my life did), and I am truly indebted to you. I could always count on you for support, and that support meant the world to me!

Unfortunately, we're still missing the last two cats. I'll never give up hope, but in my mind, after having an adventure that would rival those of "The Rescuers," those two cats found a fantastic fur-ever home where they have all the love, care and food they could ever want. Maintenance still reviews the trail camera footage but has never caught even a glimpse of them.

We never know what tomorrow's going to bring, though.

They might just make it home yet.

Two of the trappers have done really well and are on their way to completing their "community service," which is being done at a local shelter. The third trapper never showed up for duty, even though he signed a diversion agreement drawn up by our lawyers. We turned it all over to law enforcement and just last week the state charged him with two first degree misdemeanors, each of which carry a $5000 fine and up to a year imprisonment.

There is an active warrant for his arrest as I type this.

The colony members have flourished but are probably confused by all the attention they've received from the residents. Since the cats returned, the residents have been buying them toys and treats to make up for the cats' ill treatment at the hands of the trappers. Unfortunately, all that love and food was causing them to put on weight! We actually had to ask the residents who wanted to contribute toward the colony's well being to make a contribution to the management company's 501(3)(c) and not to feed the cats on their own!

The fifteen year old stray who was a part of the original colony is now firmly ensconced in the property's manager's home, along with his buddy. Several good things have come out of this unfortunate event, but I think that--my old guy getting a GREAT home--is probably the best. The manager will send me photos of cat trees that reach to the ceiling of her house and wonderful cat "stairs" that her partner has built on the walls. Oreo, as they've named him, is a lucky, lucky boy. He deserves every last bit of that luck.

So one more time I want to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you who contributed to this thread. Even if you just made a silent wish for the colony to be safe and didn't ever actually type a word, you're still part of the force that saved my sanity during a very stressful time.

You'll never know how much that means to me!

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is it possible to go back to the place where the cats were released and look for them? They could still be hanging around there, hopefully.

I’m sure they miss the old gang that they use to hang out with. I just hope that they return soon :sunshine:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maintenance and several teams of residents did that daily, tabbytom, for about a solid month. They even painted the trees with Norachan's fish sauce in hopes of drawing them out. I'm still hoping they will return. I miss them and I know their buddies do too. I'm told some of the residents have taken to hiking that wooded area in hopes of spotting them. We haven't given up; I can promise you that.

Incidentally, I was smelling this awful smell in my car for a while and honestly thought an animal had died somewhere under the hood. One day I opened the trunk and almost passed out! The clothes that I'd worn while painting trees with that fish sauce had been left in there.

You don't know what rank is until you've smelled month old fish sauce!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We really do need someone to come in a make a movie, y'all. You guys are never going to believe it, but the last two cats returned this morning! The property manager called me about 20 minutes ago and was absolutely beside herself with joy. So now, a full nine months later, we have everyone back! I'm so happy! The PM said that they were lying on the lanai with the other cats this morning when maintenance got back from cleaning up the grounds. They were just basking in the sunshine and flipping their tails as if nothing unusual had transpired. She said that they don't look thin or injured in any way.

I'm dying to know where they've been! I wish those furry felines could talk!

This is such a wonderful thing. I absolutely could not have gotten a better holiday gift.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Wow! Cats! You really wish they were wearing a GoPro. . .lol. That would make a great movie.

Keep an eye on the local ads/Facebook pages in case some feral colony manager posts about them wondering where they went. It would be weird to have a couple cats show up, stay for 6 months or so, and then disappear!