Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
Is January bothered by the TV or only when it makes loud or sudden sounds( explosions,car crashes,gunfights ,people yelling etc)

It really made me think about all the NOISE we humans don't pay attention to,noisy world,huh?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
He is settling in and still have to do it little by little. Just as long as no sudden loud sound that can startle him. Once he starts coming out. let him explore slowly and you can have the tv on with very low volume and let him explore the tv and sounds but leave his enclosure open so that he can treat to his cubby if he's afraid.

Over time he may get use to it but he may still be weary but it should be ok.
Thanks-will do!He's so cute!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
Is January bothered by the TV or only when it makes loud or sudden sounds( explosions,car crashes,gunfights ,people yelling etc)

It really made me think about all the NOISE we humans don't pay attention to,noisy world,huh?
He is not bothered by the TV or the sound but anything loud he doesn't like it. Even my neighbor talk very loud he gets angry. I suspect he had a bad experience before he was rescued. He was alone at the time of rescue and he was around 3 - 4 weeks old.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
He is not bothered by the TV or the sound but anything loud he doesn't like it. Even my neighbor talk very loud he gets angry. I suspect he had a bad experience before he was rescued. He was alone at the time of rescue and he was around 3 - 4 weeks old.
Plus he doesn't have anyone loud around him,he's got you and from talking with you so much I imagine you're pretty CHILL!

He's the cutest guy,love January in the "Bored cat contest photos"

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Plus he doesn't have anyone loud around him,he's got you and from talking with you so much I imagine you're pretty CHILL!

He's the cutest guy,love January in the "Bored cat contest photos"
Yes, there's no loud sound or loud talking in the house and we try to keep noise to the minimum. He's a talker and chat with me all the time.

Thank you for loving his photo :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi tabbytom tabbytom

Looks like it's just you and I here but I just love updating Timmy's progress-,thanks for being there for me throughout this wonderful journey and for caring about this wonderful boy so very much
I'm excited to say Timmy had a visitor today,Bella( my scared cat Tortie) has been exploring inside Timmy's enclosure - they each come inside with me(only one per visit) but don't really jump on any shelves and Timmy watches-Bella hisses sometimes but because she's a little chicken
Tonight Bella checked out all the cubbies and then went on top shelf WITH Timmy and had some of his dry food and licky treat(Delectable bisque) She just put herself right in front of hjm,he raised his paw and I petted him & her with my infamous phrase" it's okay".... Timmy blinked,Bella behaved ... great visit!
He's really doing well,I always let my others come in with me to clean his box and let them all sniff around-Timmys been smelling my head alot from above me when I'm cleaning below and tonight I got a nice head rub with his little face,... so sweet

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Looks like it's just you and I here but I just love updating Timmy's progress-,thanks for being there for me throughout this wonderful journey and for caring about this wonderful boy so very much
Yea, it's just you and me..........................:lol: I try to help as much as I can to my knowledge.

This is truly a wonderful update and seeing Bella taking a bold step and eating his food and treats. I guess the hiss is a fore warning to Timmy not to be funny with her.

5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif

I guess you took the right step of not rushing through and eventually have help from the crew and they have been wonderful to in helping Timmy.

Next we want to see photos Timmy together with the crew. Talking about photos, I don't know if you phone photo camera setting or app can reduce to resolution to 5mp (mega pixel). Reason is, uploading photos on this site is maximum 5mp.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
Hey TT.. You've been awesome,I will NEVER forget how you helped,especially when everyone I was speaking with from supposed "friends of ferals " were telling me I
was doing wrong by Timmy-in my heart I knew his time was running out..... you know when that little voice inside keeps saying"urgent,urgent,don't wait a moment longer.I don't know your Faith or religion but I know God Has Always Lead me and I Believe Timmy was in grave danger out there-we are all God's creatures,He Cares

Anyway,I'm forever grateful for your encouragement and support

Speaking of photos, A Alldara told me to post on " site help " and Antonio65 Antonio65 ( my Pisani( lol) gave me some very helpful info and sources to edit photos ...I'll get tye hang of it,hopefully

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well I have been away from the thread for awhile but I'm glad to hear about Timmy's progress too!
I'm glad the site help was able to guide you!

Definitely others have more experience with ferals than me so I tend to step out of conversations sometimes 😁

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have been away from the thread for awhile but I'm glad to hear about Timmy's progress too!
I'm glad the site help was able to guide you!

Definitely others have more experience with ferals than me so I tend to step out of conversations sometimes 😁
You've been very helpful though in so many ways,youre experience with kitty behavior has been applicable too and your support means the world to me-I just think you're the CATS MEOW!!!!!❤😺

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You've been very helpful though in so many ways,youre experience with kitty behavior has been applicable too and your support means the world to me-I just think you're the CATS MEOW!!!!!❤😺
Thanks that's kind of you to say.

I'm always learning from other posters here too! And thanks for sharing your knowledge with some of the newer cat guardians!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
As you can probably see the look on Bellas face that right after her hiss,swat and Timmy's swat back & then I came in to tell them each," it's okay,it's okay" and pet each... then they sat next to each other,ignoring one another and that's time to end their session
One cat at a time.. 3 more to go after these 2 make nice nice,lol

Attachments