The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Makes me happy to be a woman.
no i am glad to be a man no need to carry a baby for 9 months etc orr deal with meno pause later in life worst ever dealing with my mom when she went through that :lol:my dad owes me for that since i was the target of the mood swings and temper from no where

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No they are not. Breast feeding is probably more uncomfortable than a mammogram.
Once I got a good latch, I've hardly had any discomfort from breastfeeding, except when she suddenly yanks her head back without letting go. I haven't had a mammogram yet to compare.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it depends on the tech you get. My mom said they squash 'em FLAT for her and it hurts like crazy. Now I've been getting notices to schedule one; I guess they want you to start at age 40 now :/.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it depends on the tech you get. My mom said they squash 'em FLAT for her and it hurts like crazy. Now I've been getting notices to schedule one; I guess they want you to start at age 40 now :/.
Its firm pressure for less than a minute. The machines have changed greatly over the years, the old machines squeezed you much tighter, but not now. On the list of uncomfortable things it wouldn’t even make my top fifteen. I don’t consider it painful and have never gotten a bruise and I bruise so easily. Plus I have worked with way too many young women with breast cancer diagnoses.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it’s been 40 for a long time because I remember my mother going. I had an ultrasound in my late 20s because my tissue was “too dense” for one. The doctor decided I’d had a cyst rupture because they never found anything. My bff had Hodgkin’s lymphoma and had one in her 30s. The last time her cancer recurred our obgyn found the lymph node in her armpit area. I just keep thinking they really should have a better way to do these by now. :lol:

My stepdad beat prostate cancer a few years ago; so ditto on that for you men!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I got a good latch, I've hardly had any discomfort from breastfeeding, except when she suddenly yanks her head back without letting go. I haven't had a mammogram yet to compare.

The first two weeks was painful and mastitis is really painful, but other than that, it's a piece of cake. Until baby bites down and jerks back without letting go *cough*Aedan*cough*

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it’s been 40 for a long time because I remember my mother going. I had an ultrasound in my late 20s because my tissue was “too dense” for one. The doctor decided I’d had a cyst rupture because they never found anything. My bff had Hodgkin’s lymphoma and had one in her 30s. The last time her cancer recurred our obgyn found the lymph node in her armpit area. I just keep thinking they really should have a better way to do these by now. :lol:

My stepdad beat prostate cancer a few years ago; so ditto on that for you men!
My PCP told me several years back 40 unless you have a strong family history and then they'd start at 35.

Prostate cancer is really treatable when caught early. My dad had it, too, and it runs in his family, so he was super good about getting checked.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Too bad, there is not another neighbor who will help socialize Scamper...
The only two who know enough about ferals to work with him have small kids. Wouldn't be fair to Scamper or the kids. I'll just keep on keeping on!

No they are not. Breast feeding is probably more uncomfortable than a mammogram.
My last one wasn't entirely horrible, but it still wasn't pleasant. I remember when it was about like lying down on a cold garage floor and having your husband drive the car over your erm...anatomy three or four times. For me, breastfeeding was fine until Drew cut two top teeth and a bottom tooth when he turned three months old, and decided to gnaw. We went to a pump and bottle at that point.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been trying to get J to take a bottle so if I had to go somewhere without her I could pump and have my husband feed her, but she's absolutely refusing. I've tried three different kinds of bottles so far.

So hopefully when she gets teeth, she'll be gentle.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to hide the cat stuff again today in the snow as Mom wants to make sure there's a clear path from basement door to garage so I don't fall. I'm sure it's more about her as I won't be able to do for her if I'm laid up but oh well, at least it gives me time outside with the cat and get some exercise. The area outside the basement door is a mess and I need to get the cams set up much better then what they are at the moment. Things are just like scattered all over the place. So to a point I agree with Mom. Thankfully we're having a heat wave of 23 degrees today (should I get out my shorts?) so it will be much easier.

Reading a book about reincarnation by Brian Weiss. Without getting religious or political the book makes a lot of sense. I still feel very exhausted though so I can only read a chapter at a time.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oy. I tried several bottles with DD when we were still trying to get her to nurse. Some were supposed to help her learn to latch. Nope. :rolleyes2: I just threw out most of those when we cleaned out the garage last year. :lol:

I'm sitting here (watching the disrespectful weather) trying to get up some oomph to do things in a logical manner. Which is exercise, shower, then eat. But what I really want to do is just shower and eat. :hmmm: Maybe it's a weather funk. Kids don't get that so much. :rolleyes2: I suppose 2 showers in one day wouldn't be awful. Exercising in the afternoon has been better lately. And the hot water is beckoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.