The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Heard from both Vets... not actually both, but close..
Reg Vet feels it is allergies... Watching Geoffrey to see if the sneezing stops..
It has not.. It was ok for several hours, then it started in.. not as strong as the night before, but it started up again.. sigh

The regular Vet said it sounds like allergies.. I can pick up and try an antihistamine for Geoffrey, next week. I am to call her for an update.. sigh...

The teeny humidifier is not helping.. Still dry in here.. Problem is space for it.. not in a carpeted area.. and where there is an electrical outlet available.. Not many of those around..

I ddi order a larger humidifier... 3.5 liters instead of 2... hopefully that will be a bit of an improvement.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Three crazy cats sitting outside in the driveway with freezing rain coming down like it's a hundred degrees outside.

Also thinking about how I still have to do 19 hours of paid surveys today.

Also what should I do about the ice melt Mom insists on putting on the sidewalk. I"m so scared it would hurt the cats. Ideas? She is screaming about it. There's no reasoning with her. :(

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Three crazy cats sitting outside in the driveway with freezing rain coming down like it's a hundred degrees outside.

Also what should I do about the ice melt Mom insists on putting on the sidewalk. I"m so scared it would hurt the cats. Ideas? She is screaming about it. There's no reasoning with her. :(
They do sell Ice Melt which is safe for animals... but it is expensive...
Can you just ignore her... sounds as if she is just yelling for the sake of yelling...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heard from both Vets... not actually both, but close..
Reg Vet feels it is allergies... Watching Geoffrey to see if the sneezing stops..
It has not.. It was ok for several hours, then it started in.. not as strong as the night before, but it started up again.. sigh

The regular Vet said it sounds like allergies.. I can pick up and try an antihistamine for Geoffrey, next week. I am to call her for an update.. sigh...
Glad you heard back. How are you feeling now?

Quite the busy day!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They do sell Ice Melt which is safe for animals... but it is expensive...
Can you just ignore her... sounds as if she is just yelling for the sake of yelling...
I could but if she goes out she falls and it is New Years so stores here are closed. By tomorrow it will start warming up but she wants it down today. :(

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if it was hailing or if the snow was like tiny rock shards during my walk today, but the precipitation painfully hit the bridge of my nose and eyelids during my walk. Didn't think snow was supposed to be that painful!

Then I continued with my self care routine of outdoor walk, hot shower, meditation, which was a mindfulness one. Excited to continue this habit into the new year. Often feel more energized and calm after this sequence.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Anyone got their stimulus check yet? Mine was deposited into my bank account sometime after midnight. Now if they could just agree that it is measly and send the rest of it. Better yet, send a check every month as long as people cannot get back to work like the European countries are doing. If there is all this money laying around without being spent and yes, there is quite a bit of it, why not give it to the populace that needs it badly? Just think how it would stimulate the economy! Of course those who have plenty of it don't think that way. They have never lived from paycheck to paycheck or have forgotten how that was. Sorry, this probably should have gone into another thread but I don't know which.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure if it was hailing or if the snow was like tiny rock shards during my walk today, but the precipitation painfully hit the bridge of my nose and eyelids during my walk. Didn't think snow was supposed to be that painful!
Oh yuck. Sounds like sleet. We had cold rain today but thankfully that was all it was. :cold: Last year I bought my kids and I thermals and good boots with the intention of walking in all weather; but the winter was warm enough that we never used the boots! Fortunately I always buy them big for the kids. I should probably double check that now though!

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Can you get her to use sand or catlitter instead?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I love snow but every blasted time I set my outdoor cam to get the snowfall the snow stops. Grrrr

I still feel like such a horrible and mean person because I have to shut the door on these cats. Tourmaline especially. Sad that I live with such a crazy person. :(
I'm crying horribly over this. My heart is breaking into a million pieces especially the way Tourmaline looks at me. But nobody in my city seems to care or help. :(

Last edited:

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I doubt Mom will let a $40 lb bag of rock salt go to waste, sadly. Fortunately for a long driveway Mom only uses 1/8 a cup, like a grain here or there
Can you get something like sea salt? It's a whole lot cheaper, where I've been where they sell it it's usually sold in at least 1kg bags. You might have to ask for it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem is my Mom watches me pull from the bag she already has. Sorry I thought I mentioned that, considering she paid $40 for it

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oof, if she paid $40 for plain rock salt/ice melt she got ripped off. But anyway, it should be fine, the road crews use salt too so a little more probably isn't going to hurt.

Sea salt wouldn't be any better than rock salt. They sell pet safe ice melt too, of course it costs extra. But if you get a lot of ice it would be worth it.

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The problem is my Mom watches me pull from the bag she already has. Sorry I thought I mentioned that, considering she paid $40 for it
No worries, I saw you said that, but I think I think sea salt is something else than what you said. English is not my first language, so I apologise if there is confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.