The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do I tell if Felix is really starving or if he's just begging for food out of habit? I cut back a bit because he was getting quite large but he's acting like he's hungry all the time now. :ohwell:
Do you have a scale you can weigh him on? I would just compare what hes getting with what the packaging recommends. He'll adjust. Or just cut back really really slowly. I have a baby scale I bought when my girls had some health issues and dropped weight quickly. I don't know that I'd invest in one unless you really need to. But you can always weigh yourself holding him and not for some idea. My vet always said to go slow with weight loss.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How do I tell if Felix is really starving or if he's just begging for food out of habit? I cut back a bit because he was getting quite large but he's acting like he's hungry all the time now. :ohwell:
Is he on dry food or on wet food? If it’s mostly dry then try cutting back on that and giving him more wet. If he is already on wet check The protein content and trying to get him on a higher protein content which may make him feel more satisfied.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time in what seems to be months, I don’t have anything to do today! 😄😄😄. I was going to try to get the aunties new phone set up at T mobile but they had an hour wait so I left, and that was the only thing on my to do list. House is clean, laundry is done, plenty of groceries, gifts all purchased and wrapped.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the first time in what seems to be months, I don’t have anything to do today! 😄😄😄. I was going to try to get the aunties new phone set up at T mobile but they had an hour wait so I left, and that was the only thing on my to do list. House is clean, laundry is done, plenty of groceries, gifts all purchased and wrapped.
Want to come here? DS is procrastinating on the VERY easy week of school I assigned him. We are supposed to be baking cookies but we need to do some cleaning up and strategizing first. Oh; and get my Christmas cards in the mail. I've been way too tired in the evenings! :crazy: The kids want to add Gingerbread Houses and crafts to the list...but geeze not all in one day!! :crazy:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We are under a mega storm watch for tonight and tomorrow. Rain, thunderstorms and possible tornados along with sustained winds up to 60 mph overnight and then a drop in temps and ice in the morning. Could be ugly. So I am making sure I have plenty of recharged batteries for the flashlights and all my devices are charged up. Supposed to start around 9:00 pm tonight.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! Is he an indoor only kitty now? Did he remember you?
Yes, he did remember me. When I sat on the couch he jumped up and let me love him. It was so good to hold him again.
That's great. He must have been so happy to see you. :cloud9:
When I had him he would come inside at night but he insisted on going out every morning. He did the same thing for my sister. She is going to try to keep him inside all the time because they have coyotes, black bears, foxes and bob cats in the area. They also want to put up a fence in the back yard.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My phone is acting up and I can't afford to buy a new one. My charging cord is new but it wouldn't take the charge for some reason. Someone recommended cleaning out the charging port so I did that and it seems okay now? But the battery is still trash. It's only 5 years old.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My phone is acting up and I can't afford to buy a new one. My charging cord is new but it wouldn't take the charge for some reason. Someone recommended cleaning out the charging port so I did that and it seems okay now? But the battery is still trash. It's only 5 years old.
Going through the same thing with my IPad. I have also read that cleaning out the port helps if it isn’t charging so you may have solved the problem. It can also be the plug in part of the charger, or of course the phone itself. Frustrating when they won’t charge.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, it goes from 60% or so to 2% and then dies. It did this the other day when I was leaving the house and I had to go back home and cancel the plans I had made. I'm hoping I can keep it alive for the next 3 years because I probably won't be able to get a new one until then unless a family members wants to gift me one for Christmas.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, it goes from 60% or so to 2% and then dies. It did this the other day when I was leaving the house and I had to go back home and cancel the plans I had made. I'm hoping I can keep it alive for the next 3 years because I probably won't be able to get a new one until then unless a family members wants to gift me one for Christmas.
I would buy one of those pocket backup chargers so you could try to charge it or keep it charged while you are out. You can also try changing your setting to “low power mode”. Everything works but background updating, which used power, is stopped. You can also try stopping into an Apple store and having them run a battery health on it. That will let you know if the battery itself is the issue, and there is some warranty period on phones and iPads.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 years is super old for a cell phone, and I'm pretty well convinced they're programmed to self-destruct after a few years. If it has a replaceable battery you could try to get that changed, or maybe buy a slightly newer model at a used cell phone store. Try to find an independently-owned cell phone repair place and ask about your options; they're usually pretty good at being really helpful instead of trying to sell you a new phone like the brand-name stores.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah 5 years is about retirement time by my experience. DH and I went with the paying monthly option when our iphones got that old. I was just looking at cheaper options since DD is starting to do stuff away from us; but not ready for a full on smart phone. I would see what you can find that's more affordable for now.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of monthly expenses with school, I don't know if I can handle anything additional. I'm getting in touch with the place that fixed this same phone when I broke the screen to see how much it'll cost to change the battery. I can't remove the back myself.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter's drama continues, but there seems to be a light at the end of it. Firstly I have to say that she was pulled over again by the same cop (not surprising given we only have 6) as she was going home the other day. Why? The BMV suspended her license again claiming she did not have insurance. Because it was the second time, they impounded her car and requested her tags be returned to the State. The BMV said that she needed an SR22 dated 19 Nov, even though she has on dating 1 Nov. They claim that the insurance company sent them a notice saying that her insurance was canceled. The insurance company had no idea what the BMV is talking about and underwriting said they had no reason to issue a new one with a different date because the one we have predates the one they are asking for and had not expired. After a lot of back and forth, the BMV finally decided that they were wrong and reinstated her license, and validated her tags.

I called the impound place and found out that it is $250 a day and nearly vomited. However, she said that if the chief calls them and tells them that it was a mistake, they will not charge her. We are 99.9% sure he will do that. We have no idea where her tags are, though. one of the police officers stopped by and then went to the office to check. He could not find them but said they were either in the chief's office or they have already been sent back to the state. We hope it is the former.

On top of that, we spoke with a lawyer who thinks he can get both cases driving under suspension dropped! Keep your fingers crossed!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In about six hours, I will be at the hospital. They'll take a peek at my heart, and if there are no more clots, they'll do the ablation, and with any luck, my atrial fibrillation will be a thing of the past. I'm told that it may take several tries to get it converted, so I'm prepared for that. I should be home by noon. My neighbor will be checking in on me hourly till I'm good and awake.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
In about six hours, I will be at the hospital. They'll take a peek at my heart, and if there are no more clots, they'll do the ablation, and with any luck, my atrial fibrillation will be a thing of the past. I'm told that it may take several tries to get it converted, so I'm prepared for that. I should be home by noon. My neighbor will be checking in on me hourly till I'm good and awake.
I truly hope this is the last time you have to go through this and that you will be home recovering some time this morning!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A good update: The chief was in late today, but it gave me time to contact the BMV in Columbus. The woman I spoke with sent something to someone who then sent an email to the prosecutor. The chief by chance called the prosecutor right after he heard from the BMV. He sent an email to the chief and the towing place that states that it was the BMV's error and not my daughter's! They did not charge her for her car and it seems that the other charge is being dropped!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Our cable has been out and someone was supposed to come either yesterday or today to fix it. Looks like it's not going to happen. I've heard nothing. Fortunately, we stream almost everything with AppleTV and rarely watch cable. Still, I might want to watch something so I'd like it to get fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.