The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cable has been out and someone was supposed to come either yesterday or today to fix it. Looks like it's not going to happen. I've heard nothing. Fortunately, we stream almost everything with AppleTV and rarely watch cable. Still, I might want to watch something so I'd like it to get fixed!
That would be SO annoying! My cable company at least gives you a two hour window!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a trip across town to the only Tuesday Morning shop left in this area because I have a serious craving for Harry and David chocolate covered cherries and they usually carry them. Sadly no cherries but a fun shopping trip anyway. I picked up a piece of wall art, a beautiful towel and a birthday gift for my auntie.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That would be SO annoying! My cable company at least gives you a two hour window!
He just called and was planning to come, but I rescheduled him for Monday at 11. It’s already 4:30 and the cats eat at 5. They’re scared of anyone but us, and they’re more important than cable we hardly ever use!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He just called and was planning to come, but I rescheduled him for Monday at 11. It’s already 4:30 and the cats eat at 5. They’re scared of anyone but us, and they’re more important than cable we hardly ever use!
I've had issues getting them to come in their scheduled time here. One time I was pregnant with DS and the only time I left the living room was to use the bathroom (because pregnant ladies pee!)...and they claimed they came and no one was here. :cringe: (Never heard the doorbell or a knock...) Most of the time it doesn't bother me because we are home a lot. But when you are trying to fit it in between errands or work it's a pain. My mom took half a day off (unpaid) waiting for someone who never made it. She wasn't happy!

On a side note; apparently I was a pretty salty/snarky pregnant lady because every year Facebook shows that old post where I was threatening to set up DD's potty chair in the living room the next time. :flail::paperbag: I didn't think I was that bad; but that's not the only instance reminder I get thanks to Facebook. Like the one that came up 2 days ago where the pest company had the nerve to come 20 minutes late right after DH left for work; while DD and I were sleeping. Which caused DD to scream her head off causing me to not be able to shower before grocery shopping. But I said it was ok because I'd already snagged a man. :paperbag: I read these now and just laugh. I promise I thought and Facebook shared these things way more than I ever said them. :lol:😇

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
house work is freakin' hard on my back
I paid DD $5 to scrub my tub and shower a couple weeks ago. Worth every cent! :crazy: My back got a lot better after starting some light weight training to strengthen my core. Before that I used to have to take breaks leaning across the foot of the bed to scrub that. DH wears a lot of sunscreen and it makes the shower walls and tub stickier so it really took scrubbing in the summers if it built up.

DH shook his head and said I should just tell her to do it. But she already does basically everything I ask and rarely complains. She does way more than her brother. I don't want her to resent working. And it's good to be rewarded for going above and beyond. She's done a lot of the dishes washing during our cookie baking this week too. My hands are thankful! :lol:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I paid DD $5 to scrub my tub and shower a couple weeks ago. Worth every cent! :crazy: My back got a lot better after starting some light weight training to strengthen my core. Before that I used to have to take breaks leaning across the foot of the bed to scrub that. DH wears a lot of sunscreen and it makes the shower walls and tub stickier so it really took scrubbing in the summers if it built up.

DH shook his head and said I should just tell her to do it. But she already does basically everything I ask and rarely complains. She does way more than her brother. I don't want her to resent working. And it's good to be rewarded for going above and beyond. She's done a lot of the dishes washing during our cookie baking this week too. My hands are thankful! :lol:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles i have sciatica in my lower back and i cant do stuff for long periods of time

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm with you on that. I think she deserves a reward for being so helpful. She's a good girl and you're a good mom.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles i have sciatica in my lower back and i cant do stuff for long periods of time
I know that pain. It's no fun! :hugs:
I'm with you on that. I think she deserves a reward for being so helpful. She's a good girl and you're a good mom.
Aw thanks. :) Shes a good kid and I enjoy being around her. Even in the occasionally teenagery moments.:lol2:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
got this new gadget last night :rolleyes:didnt work to good 2 of the 3 eggs i tested turned out ok:lol:probably i did something wrong
I have one of those, although mine does six eggs not seven. But same brand. It took some experimentation, but now it works perfectly and I love it! So nice not to have to hover over the pot waiting for it to come to a boil and then making sure it’s boiling just right. Slick little thing…and not expensive.

I found it takes longer than the directions show, and I also add a bit more water because it was going dry before the eggs were done. For three eggs, the directions say 12 minutes. It takes 14 minutes to get them right in mine.

I also cracked a couple of eggs before I learned the trick with the egg piercer. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow overnight so I went out and used the little electric snowblower to clean the drive. Twenty some years old and it works great on smaller snowfalls but wrangling the electric cord up and down the driveway is a nuisance. I am thinking that next year I may add a battery operated snowblower to my snow moving arsenal.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are a homeowner it’s just always something. I was lying in bed last night when I heard a beep……beep coming from the basement. I go down and the sump pump control box is beeping and the warning light says battery cables are corroded or need to be replaced which means a service call. I tried unplugging, looking for an off switch, nothing would stop the alarm beep. I figured I would just need to live with it until I could get someone out.

Back upstairs and in bed all I could hear was that beep every 30 seconds. No way could I sleep so I made my second trip down, this time with a flashlight and found a button that said “push to reset or push and hold for five seconds to silence for 24 hours”. So it looks like until I can get a repair person out every 24 hours I will need to push that button ( praying that you can silence it more than once! Thats better than listening to it beep for days but still stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.