The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a combination of the Green Giant jingle (might even be an old version because I don't have cable to see many commercials anymore) and the Texas Roadhouse jingle stuck in my head. 🥴

DH and I got to go out for dinner Saturday night. It was really nice to go just the 2 of us. We haven't been there because of the peanut mess and sometimes it's just too loud for me. But we had no kids with us so we went there. They stopped doing the buckets of peanuts and the mess on the floor so that was nice. I mentioned it to the waiter and he said they still have them they just do individual bags when people ask. We never had an issue taking DD there but it was one that came up in bloodwork when she was little so we've avoided it since. I know she would love their food so now I feel ok taking her there. She's supposed to redo allergy tests in the next year or two anyway.

We stopped eating much beef at home because DH thought it was triggering migraines for him. Usually it's just ground beef; not steak or roasts. My body likes the iron in meats over veggies. I always feel an energy boost after having red meat especially. So I took the opportunity to order steak and ribs. Oh my goodness it was GOOD. I took over half the food home but it was REALLY good! I laughed when they put our food down though. DH ordered a salad. I asked him how come it looked like he eats like a stereotypical woman and I eat like a stereotypical man. :paperbag: :lol: I do get salads like that when we go out too. And he orders heavier entrees when he wants too. It just looked amusing last night. Plus I was hangry because I hadn't really eaten yesterday. ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are a homeowner it’s just always something. I was lying in bed last night when I heard a beep……beep coming from the basement. I go down and the sump pump control box is beeping and the warning light says battery cables are corroded or need to be replaced which means a service call. I tried unplugging, looking for an off switch, nothing would stop the alarm beep. I figured I would just need to live with it until I could get someone out.

Back upstairs and in bed all I could hear was that beep every 30 seconds. No way could I sleep so I made my second trip down, this time with a flashlight and found a button that said “push to reset or push and hold for five seconds to silence for 24 hours”. So it looks like until I can get a repair person out every 24 hours I will need to push that button ( praying that you can silence it more than once! Thats better than listening to it beep for days but still stressful.
I am happy to report that the sump pump controller did NOT start to beep again last night so for now crisis averted. If It stays quiet I will still get it checked out in early Spring.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a combination of the Green Giant jingle (might even be an old version because I don't have cable to see many commercials anymore) and the Texas Roadhouse jingle stuck in my head. 🥴

DH and I got to go out for dinner Saturday night. It was really nice to go just the 2 of us. We haven't been there because of the peanut mess and sometimes it's just too loud for me. But we had no kids with us so we went there. They stopped doing the buckets of peanuts and the mess on the floor so that was nice. I mentioned it to the waiter and he said they still have them they just do individual bags when people ask. We never had an issue taking DD there but it was one that came up in bloodwork when she was little so we've avoided it since. I know she would love their food so now I feel ok taking her there. She's supposed to redo allergy tests in the next year or two anyway.

We stopped eating much beef at home because DH thought it was triggering migraines for him. Usually it's just ground beef; not steak or roasts. My body likes the iron in meats over veggies. I always feel an energy boost after having red meat especially. So I took the opportunity to order steak and ribs. Oh my goodness it was GOOD. I took over half the food home but it was REALLY good! I laughed when they put our food down though. DH ordered a salad. I asked him how come it looked like he eats like a stereotypical woman and I eat like a stereotypical man. :paperbag: :lol: I do get salads like that when we go out too. And he orders heavier entrees when he wants too. It just looked amusing last night. Plus I was hangry because I hadn't really eaten yesterday. ;)
I could never go to those peanut shells on the floor places because my mind was always on wanting to clean up the peanut shells.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The family friend that is supposed to keep the trailer for me apologized for not getting back to me. He basically explained that he has a lot going on and he's tired. Anyway, he said I could bring it over. We were supposed to do that yesterday but the other family friend who is supposed to haul it for me, his truck engine bit the dust... or something is wrong. Either way, I've paid for the trailer in full now and got the bill of sale so it's mine. Just gotta register with the MTO. What's on my mind is that I'm wondering when we'll be able to move it from where it is. Right now, it's in a church parking lot and that makes me uncomfortable because I don't know the priest/pastor.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could never go to those peanut shells on the floor places because my mind was always on wanting to clean up the peanut shells.
I never really minded it being part of the atmosphere until I had to think about potential allergens. I think people are just more aware of that these days than they were 10-20 years ago. I never would have complained; but I am glad to see we can go there again with the kids. I should probably see if the other steak houses in the area have done away with it. DD could definitely become a foodie as she gets older. She helped my mom in her church's coffee house yesterday and now can't wait to get a job. :flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a “first” this afternoon. DD needs a snow coat so we went through several stores at the mall. She liked exactly nothing. :lol: But in one store she was different… The posture was slouchy, the face was sullen as she followed me and rejected suggestions. Then it dawned on me there was a teen BOY with his mom there. And surely he could SEE us!! The horror! :flail:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a “first” this afternoon. DD needs a snow coat so we went through several stores at the mall. She liked exactly nothing. :lol: But in one store she was different… The posture was slouchy, the face was sullen as she followed me and rejected suggestions. Then it dawned on me there was a teen BOY with his mom there. And surely he could SEE us!! The horror! :flail:
And so it begins… :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:have a tele health appointment with a nutrishionist around 1030 am:lol:anna told me she will not help or do any of the homework/survey stuff they are going to ask me to do:rolleyes3:snobby usc grad wont even lemme copy home work:lol::lol:its gonna be a one time thing i didnt want to sign up for whats looking like some type of class:running:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old flip phone is over 20 years old, and next year, supposedly, I won't be able to use it any more, so Michele bought me a new Android smart phone. After going through all the gyrations necessary to activate it, it is my considered opinion that I would rather get a root canal- without benefit of novocaine- than go through that again. It took almost 2 hours and a call to customer services before it would work properly.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old flip phone is over 20 years old, and next year, supposedly, I won't be able to use it any more, so Michele bought me a new Android smart phone. After going through all the gyrations necessary to activate it, it is my considered opinion that I would rather get a root canal- without benefit of novocaine- than go through that again. It took almost 2 hours and a call to customer services before it would work properly.
Yeah, we're not looking forward to going through that with my dad, who also still has a 20-year-old flip phone. My mom thinks she can find a simplified version for him, some kind of Jitterbug type thing or one made for kids. But who knows, once SHE sets it up for him (he definitely won't do it himself, lol) maybe he'll like having a smartphone. His friend likes his smartphone and Googles everything now.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree. When I accidentally drown my beloved flip phone I got an Android smart phone. We were not and would never be, friends. After a couple years I moved to an IPhone and did much better with that. And the one enormous plus, ok maybe two pluses that a smart phone has over a flip phone are 1) GPS directions to and from wherever you need to go and 2) ease of texting.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO in touch! I cried when I was told that my company would no longer support my flip phone! I went to an Android, and it died before I was really comfortable with it. A DEAR friend gifted me with an iPhone, and I've been very, very happy with it...far more so than with the Android. This, however, may be because the "toys" are easier to use!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just looking at phones to see whats out there that’s inexpensive. DD is starting to do things away from us and the idea of her not being able to reach us is not comfortable. I think most people expect them to have their own phone. But I’m not ready to get her a smartphone! At least not without serious parental controls. DH and I do love our iPhones but they are expensive! (Granted our first lasted 5 years…) I saw some flip phones but they all had terrible reviews.

I don’t know if DH will agree to a phone yet. Its so hard knowing kids are facing dangers and stressors we never did with technology. I’m not sending her out into the world of social media anytime soon. Calls, texts…maybe kids messenger. Thats all she needs. But she’s not paying so we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.