The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER AGAIN IN FEBRUARY! Apparently Spawn 1 told me about this just after I got out of the hospital after the stroke, and it just...disappeared from memory! So, he sent me a Christmas package that included a framed ultrasound of my little Briggs (yes, a boy)! I got to be all excited TWICE. I told him I was so sorry, but he just laughed and said, "Stroke-brain, Mom! NOT a problem!"
Congrats! About when is he going to make his grand appearance?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My Christmas Eve v plans were cancelled at 12:30pm, today. One of my cousins (host) daughters had a positive CoVid test this morning. She just had mild symptoms.

Better to cancel. She lives at home with her parents and sister.

Will miss seeing everyone, but……
I was supposed to bring a few things over—-guess tomorrow, they will get double!!!

Still attending 4pm Mass. Then
We will see. Home…
Probably watch White Christmas on dvd.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats! About when is he going to make his grand appearance?
Around February 24th! And I love that he will be born in February! I lost both my Mom and my Dad in that month, and my ex asked for a divorce RIGHT BETWEEN those two dates, so I'm past ready for something GOOD to happen in February! It will make the month happy for me again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 !! :hearthrob:

I am trying to type with cotton gloves over gauze wrapped around 3 fingers. I've just decided one finger shouldn't do that. Also; these gloves are too small which is uncomfortable but they are keeping the gauze from falling off... This is very weird and I still can't believe this is all from nail polish remover. I'm trying coconut oil on the non-blistered areas tonight. Mooch hasn't been impressed with the gloves for pets either. :rolleyes2:

Last night I figured out i can operate my iphone with my elbow. :lol: :paperbag:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 !! :hearthrob:

I am trying to type with cotton gloves over gauze wrapped around 3 fingers. I've just decided one finger shouldn't do that. Also; these gloves are too small which is uncomfortable but they are keeping the gauze from falling off... This is very weird and I still can't believe this is all from nail polish remover. I'm trying coconut oil on the non-blistered areas tonight. Mooch hasn't been impressed with the gloves for pets either. :rolleyes2:

Last night I figured out i can operate my iphone with my elbow. :lol: :paperbag:
Wow! That is quite a reaction. I wonder if the remover has some kind of oils in it that you are allergic to?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wondering how long my gf must continue to hurt/suffer watching her mom decline and fall apart from dementia.i find myself hoping things end fast for her mother messed up as it is to think like that while wanting her to live longer so they have more time together even though her mom wont remember none of it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
wondering how long my gf must continue to hurt/suffer watching her mom decline and fall apart from dementia.i find myself hoping things end fast for her mother messed up as it is to think like that while wanting her to live longer so they have more time together even though her mom wont remember none of it.
My mother is in a memory care unit in Assisted Living. I agree with you 100%. Some days she tells me repeatedly that she wants to die.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry. It's just awful. It took my MIL too. :frown:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My mother is in a memory care unit in Assisted Living. I agree with you 100%. Some days she tells me repeatedly that she wants to die.
It’s so hard, isn’t it. My mom had dementia, too. She was just so very tired toward the end, tired of the forgetting. She knew. Officially, she died of pneumonia, but I believe she willed herself to stop. I was sitting with her, holding her hand, when she slipped away. It was very peaceful, very gentle. And while I was sad, I was happy for her. I lived in Oregon and she was in Ohio, and she used to cry when I left (I visited her every month for several days at a time) and beg me not to leave. “Noooo, don’t leeeave me,” she’d cry, and hang onto my hand. It just about broke me. My thoughts are with both of you and your girlfriend, game misconduct game misconduct .

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dementia is an ugly beast. When my grandma finally passed it was odd. I wasn’t crushed like I expected. We had been very close my whole life. But I guess it was like part of her had already died so it was easier to be at peace with.

I’ve tried using my nose. Doesn’t work very well. :lol:
Yeah I tried that too. My oily Italian skin sure doesn’t help. :rolleyes2: My ring finger and pinky are working right now. I may cut those fingers off the gloves to make life easier.

It was a rough night trying to sleep (for other reasons) but one big blister is much smaller today. I don’t know if I grabbed something wrong during the night or it’s healing on its own but Thank God!! Truly!

I overslept big time! As in 1/2 hour past the start of my grocery pickup time! I managed to throw on clothes but I just wore my white gloves because I didn’t have time to change the bandages. I should have told them I am taking up mime.:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That is quite a reaction. I wonder if the remover has some kind of oils in it that you are allergic to?
I googled (which I usually avoid) and I’m not the only one who has had it happen. I think the age of the remover might be part of it. I saw several people saying they’d had the bottle a while without issue. I don’t do my nails often because it just doesn’t last. But DD and I both have them done at the moment so I need to do some research for the future.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I googled (which I usually avoid) and I’m not the only one who has had it happen. I think the age of the remover might be part of it. I saw several people saying they’d had the bottle a while without issue. I don’t do my nails often because it just doesn’t last. But DD and I both have them done at the moment so I need to do some research for the future.
I would check the bottle for ingredients and compare that to another brand, just to see if yours has something special in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.