The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, it's totally free, and you can call as many times as you like. Here's the number-217-332-1882
That's a good idea. It did remind me of something else though.

Years ago, I can't Believe it's Not Butter had a campaign where you submitted your phone number and you'd get an automated call with a message from Fabio (remember him?) He was the spokesman at the time. I signed DH up for the call. DD and I waited and listened. I don't know what the message was but DH was totally confused. DD and I were :flail:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom good luck!!

I ordered some rings a few days before Black Friday. They were delayed for several days, but they finally came yesterday, but they’re way too big. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m going to have to ship them back and then have them exchanged for a size smaller. Hopefully I’ll get them before the end of the year! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari The link won’t work. :(

My FIL got the kids theseMini Masters Art Board Books when they were little. I think I loved them more than the kids! :lol:

Shes currently trying to read “Are You There God? it’s Me Margaret” in between spelling practice stuff.:lol:
Huh, weird. Let me try Barnes and Noble. It's from the BabyLit series, though. I ended up with a couple for my classroom a few years back from a donation and absolutely loved them and the concept!

We have a set of four Mini Masters. I won them at an education conference, so took them with me when the school chose not to hire me back rather than leave them there.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for a two day snowstorm to start. We are supposed to get somewhere between 4-12 inches depending on how the storm tracks. Like pretty much everyone I went to the store yesterday and checked to make sure the snow blower would start. I have plenty of things to get done while the weather is bad - laundry, sorting and starting to wrap gifts and a bunch of cleaning.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got another scam call. First clue: He said he's from Mega Millions. Mega Millions is a lottery, a game (which I never play), not an organization.

After telling me he was from Mega Millions he told me that he was calling to inform my husband that he's won 42 million dollars and a fancy car. When I told him my husband was in a nursing home he solitilously inquired after my husband's health (like he actually cares). Then he asked if I'd like to claim the money my husband won. I said "Sure," and waited for the dead giveaway, and, sure enough, it came. All I have to do is buy a gift card from one of their "sponsors" (followed by a list of stores that carry the specified gift card) to pay for shipping and handling. Rule of thumb: If you have to pay to receive your prize you didn't win!

I told him this sounded a lot like the Publisher's Clearing House scam. "Oh, no ma'am, We aren't Publisher's Clearing House! We're Mega Millions!" I told him that I understood that, but it was the same scam and he shouldn't bother to call me back. Then I hung up on him. He called back immediately. I said, "It's still a scam. Stop calling me," and hung up. He called back immediately. I picked up the phone and this time didn't even wait for him to say anything. I said "Go away!" and hung up. Then I took the phone off the hook so he could get a busy signal while I fed Jasmine. And after I fed her I put it back on the hook. It hasn't rung again.

I get the feeling he's saying "Those d***ed PCH scammers are giving all scammers a bad name!" Poor dear.

Note: I did do some things wrong here. What I should have done was to hang up immediately upon hearing "Mega Millions," since I couldn't have won the lottery, and even if I had they wouldn't be calling to tell me - I'd have to check my ticket and then take it in to claim my prize. Also, I probably shouldn't have given him any information about my husband.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Callers like that are why I don't miss having a landline. Thankfully I rarely get calls on my cell phone. I try not to give out that number.
We've had our landline since we bought our house, in 1988. That makes us "Loyal Customers," and it turns out that if CenturyLink thinks you're a loyal customer they'll provide Wifi for $20 a month. Is it fast Wifi? No. Does it work? Yes. Basically, without our landline I never would have discovered TCS. Nor would I have email, Twitter, YouTube, Google searches, Zoom, etc..

Margret

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The family friend that has the land to store the camper hasn't been responding to my calls or text messages. I don't understand what's going on. I'm wondering if he's ignoring me and was too nice to say no to me. I don't know what to do on such a short notice now. We made arrangements for pick up tomorrow morning. I have nowhere else to store it for the time being. I'm going to have to cancel this whole purchase.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:apparentlymy recent test results(guess he was testing pancreas also blood/ultrasound etc all had come back normal doc said today even my liver looked ok he thinks it might have just been adominal spasms gave me some new pill to take:(doesnt matter i am keeping these diet changes i made cause i feel better kinda and gf is much happier to:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've had our landline since we bought our house, in 1988. That makes us "Loyal Customers," and it turns out that if CenturyLink thinks you're a loyal customer they'll provide Wifi for $20 a month. Is it fast Wifi? No. Does it work? Yes. Basically, without our landline I never would have discovered TCS. Nor would I have email, Twitter, YouTube, Google searches, Zoom, etc..

Margret
That's nice! We hadn't had our number nearly as long so it wasn't so hard to change things and let it go. I've kept my grandparent's number in my phone even though it's not theirs anymore. Sentimental I guess.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t measured mine but my son who is about 15 miles away from me has received 15.5 inches of snow. Won’t be able to tell until I go outside in the morning whether it will be easy or difficult to clear. If it’s light and fluffy snow it’s easy to clean up regardless of amount. If it’s wet heavy snow, hard work to move and clear it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it’s light and fluffy snow it’s easy to clean up regardless of amount. If it’s wet heavy snow, hard work to move and clear it.
I know you're not too far from me, and here it's wet and heavy :/. It's barely below freezing so the snow didn't get cold enough to be fluffy. I only got around 6 inches though. Here you can see the depth of the snow on top of the shed, and my dopey Collie enjoying the weather. Long- and thick-haired dogs love the cold, lol.
20211211_004336.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow ended, probably got somewhere around 12 inches but lightweight snow. Snow mounds at the driveway were close to double that but it all cleared away easily. An hour with the snowblower and It’s all done. The very positive thing is I really noticed my rowing machine work has paid off in much stronger arms and I felt way less tired than last year when I was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.