The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was told that I need to start gathering evidence of Mom's abusive nature. To always record her conversations with me so I can have proof. Sadly in her case I have no choice. Also the police really cannot do a thing unless she does start hitting me. But thankfully I have that SOS enabled on my phone now for in the event something happens that I do have to use it. This is a very stressful time with sick cat, others whining about him gone, Mom's condition and mine as well.

I'm so overcome with grief, sorrow, worry and guilt at the moment. All of this could have been prevented had I not been selfish. :(

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 3 days left in this semester. I cannot wait for it to end so that I can get better rest and form a healthier day to day routine. Going to focus on my health this summer. Better diet and getting back into cycling every day. The thought of it makes me excited.
Congrats dont get like my gf and stressover the lack of pressure over having papers due or cramming homework 😂 make sure you relax

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was told that I need to start gathering evidence of Mom's abusive nature. To always record her conversations with me so I can have proof. Sadly in her case I have no choice. Also the police really cannot do a thing unless she does start hitting me. But thankfully I have that SOS enabled on my phone now for in the event something happens that I do have to use it. This is a very stressful time with sick cat, others whining about him gone, Mom's condition and mine as well.

I'm so overcome with grief, sorrow, worry and guilt at the moment. All of this could have been prevented had I not been selfish. :(
So start recording then!

You absolutely could not have prevented your mom getting Alzheimer's or choising to be abusive. I know a lot of abuse victims blame themselves and say if they could have only acted better, but no one deserves abuse.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So start recording then!

You absolutely could not have prevented your mom getting Alzheimer's or choising to be abusive. I know a lot of abuse victims blame themselves and say if they could have only acted better, but no one deserves abuse.
The sorrow is also about Tourmaline which is in the She ate bacon and butter thread. :(

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gads. I just fished a FLY out of my iced tea. Saw his legs move, and have gently tipped him onto a piece of paper on the coffee table to dry off. Must go wash glass, replenish the tea. Oddly, I have no problems swatting them, but it doesn't seem fair to hit them while they're down and helpless...
Aw, you saved it. :heartshape: While I try not to swat and typically capture and release outside my home, when in high school I had a surprise when releasing a spider... I was inside with my arm hanging out the open deck door shaking a tupper wear container to release the spider to the outside world. All was fine until the spider decided to JUMP onto my hare calf... freaked out and smacked it :oops: 😭 I was trying to save you, little one!

Fast spiders do startle me and one time one was racing on the wall next to me. My gut instinct was to smack it, and after I realized what I did I started crying. It was so sad! Luckily, it is very rare for that to happen.

im hoping for a nice day out today . i dont get out that much and wednesdays are free on the disabled bus here
Oh, I love free things! What did you end up doing? Nice weather for a bus ride?

Not much happening for me today. Overcast and chillier today, but may sit out on the deck later snuggled in a blanket. Despite the higher temps the last couple of days, I've taken the blanket out and felt so sleepy, warm, and relaxed laying out on the deck. Almost napped both days!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with you.. we have little native wasps, a nest of which I disturbed recently. They're very, very aggressive. Once they attacked my face so badly I looked like Elmo and ended up in Emergency.
On my mind.. Autumn and Winter here are the time to get out in the garden as other 'bitey's' run rampant in Summer, and besides, it's way too humid. So I'm donning my gumboots and heading for the garden and it feels really good :)
A few years ago I went down the basement to find HUNDREDS of yellow jackets madly flying around. It was just horrifying. My son was here at the time and he went down and sprayed them and we thought we were done. We weren’t. They just kept coming by the dozens. It turned out they had found a way in through an electrical conduit hole and had a nest in the drop ceiling. we sprayed the window with insecticide so most died once they landed on it but the rest would dive bomb you. So for two months in order to do laundry and to vacuum up bee carcasses, a daily activity, you had to wear full bee gear. Fortunately, a cold snap finally came and we were able to open the ceiling, clear the bees and remove the nest.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sky raisins!! :lol2:
Ewww!!!! That thought makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. :lol:

Also the police really cannot do a thing unless she does start hitting me.
Yeah. When my mom switched my pills when I got out of the hospital, they wanted to press charges for assault. She never admitted that was wrong either. Maybe I should have let them take her away.

I know a lot of abuse victims blame themselves and say if they could have only acted better, but no one deserves abuse.
Yes. My brother said "If only you would be more respectful to her." Good lord, I am a good person and always respectful and kind.
I'm a pacifist and a vegetarian, respectful of all creatures. I'm still fuming over that. Glad he blocked me.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago I went down the basement to find HUNDREDS of yellow jackets madly flying around. It was just horrifying. My son was here at the time and he went down and sprayed them and we thought we were done. We weren’t. They just kept coming by the dozens. It turned out they had found a way in through an electrical conduit hole and had a nest in the drop ceiling. we sprayed the window with insecticide so most died once they landed on it but the rest would dive bomb you. So for two months in order to do laundry and to vacuum up bee carcasses, a daily activity, you had to wear full bee gear. Fortunately, a cold snap finally came and we were able to open the ceiling, clear the bees and remove the nest.
Same thing happened to us once. It was not a fun experience. Don't remember how we got rid of them though but I remember for a very long time, the basement was virtually off limits as it was impossible to go down there safely.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing happened to us once. It was not a fun experience. Don't remember how we got rid of them though but I remember for a very long time, the basement was virtually off limits as it was impossible to go down there safely.
Yeah they get crazy defending their nestgood thing you didn't get stung

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All this talk of wasps is really giving me the creepy crawlies!

Yes. My brother said "If only you would be more respectful to her." Good lord, I am a good person and always respectful and kind.
I'm a pacifist and a vegetarian, respectful of all creatures. I'm still fuming over that. Glad he blocked me.
You are a wonderfully kind person and don't deserve that at all. Your mom and brother are making their own choices to treat you like that. You are enough.

I'm sure J will do things I don't necessarily love in the future because she's human, but I can't imagine how that could change how much I love her. I wish everyone had that.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lord. John picked me up a small container of breaded catfish nuggets because he knows I love them. I usually buy them raw and bread and cook them myself.
I assumed that since they were breaded and from the deli section where they put already cooked food that you just need to warm up that these were pre cooked.
I was feeling a little peckish so I pulled out a couple and microwaved them for 30 seconds. I'm tired and I didn't feel like doing anything that required more effort. I knew they wouldn't be as good like that, but oh well.
Got them out of the microwave and they were nice and warm. Took a bite . . . they were raw. Now I feel sick.
They really should have specified on the package that they were raw. It didn't say either way. I guess it's my fault for assuming. 33a11a7ae370359167898003a84ef882.0.jpg 20210428_212419.jpg 33a11a7ae370359167898003a84ef882.0.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh, as far as I know, anything packed in one of those at Hy-Vee ought to be pre-cooked. . .I thought the raw stuff got packed up in butcher paper. So I don't blame you for assuming they were; I would too. Ewwww!

Status
Not open for further replies.