Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A frozen cappuccino is a slushy/icee
It's more like a shake than a slushy.

you also could have gor food from pappadeaux
Never heard of them, they must have moved in after I left the valley. I did look them up, sounds like I may need to try it one day. Problem is, I don't like to stay in Phoenix long enough to drive to the Metro Center area.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's more like a shake than a slushy.

Never heard of them, they must have moved in after I left the valley. I did look them up, sounds like I may need to try it one day. Problem is, I don't like to stay in Phoenix long enough to drive to the Metro Center area.
if you do gotta try the gator tail or gator nuggets and that mussel, clam bowl they make the butter garlic sauce it comes with is soo good. every time i visit my friend and gf family her and i go there to eat

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel poopy. Been so good moving my bouquet of flowers to the shower after taking a shower to prevent the cats from getting into it. Only had one leaf strand left and left it on the bathroom counter last night. Heard noise and Katrina had gotten into it and ate half a leaf to maybe a full leaf. Figured better safe than sorry and emergency vet said to try calling poison control. They have a $75 fee, but figured it would be cheaper than freaking out and gong to emergency vet and could already felt my anxiety rising and realized a panic attack was threatening to start.

They told me what to watch out for and when to worry. That put me at ease and worth the money.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you do gotta try the gator tail or gator nuggets and that mussel, clam bowl they make the butter garlic sauce it comes with is soo good. every time i visit my friend and gf family her and i go there to eat
My mom was born on the Seminole reservation. She said gator is good, but it's tough and has to be cooked just right. Granted, they weren't culinary artist on the res.
I myself have never had it nor been to Florida.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thank you for asking. Better right now, surprisingly. Yesterday was rough. Feel much more clear headed and grounded today.

Katrina is doing fine. No vomiting at all and appetite is good. Phew!

Isabelle was begging to go upstairs today. Kept telling her it is too cold, but here we are. Curled up with each other in the crisp 29* temps with the beautiful sun shining around us getting our relaxing nature fix. And she couldn't be happier. She loves the outdoors just like here momma. Guess it's good having her motivate me getting outdoors more.

Also a pic of her eyes. Their glimmered like swirly stones in the sun. Hope the picture does her eyes justice.

20201214_154726.jpg

20201214_154242.jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The mail just arrived...5:15 and it’s totally dark. Husband, preparing to go out to get it, stares at iPhone and asks, “How do I find the flashlight?” I tell him to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. He does. Stares at it some more. Then says, “What does it look like?” Brief moment of silence while I give him a moment. Nothing. “It looks like a flashlight,” I say. “Oh,” he says. Taps it and scurries outside.

Don’t you hate snarky tech support? :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got around to making a barricade for the Christmas tree to keep Mooch from chewing on it. She doesn’t jump anymore or it obviously wouldn’t work. I need one more panel. Or maybe 2 half ones. But the duct tape lets me fold it up easily. I found the paper at HomeGoods this summer before I thought of this; but its too cute for presents that will just get ripped and tossed. I used a lower quality blue snowflake to wrap the back side because the cat paper wouldn’t cover the whole thing. All in all; a fairly easy and inexpensive project. I think I can tie it to the gate behind the tree if necessary. Hopefully it will last a long time too.
1A8A4C87-5467-4A56-8968-BCDC7CE0E086.jpeg

5A97EC6F-6BFE-4637-B827-205FBE6E6D4C.jpeg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Loooooove! What a festive and fitting tree and present saver! Also love the decorations and lights above the kitchen cabinets in the kitchen. Making me feel holiday spirit. My mom is just starting to get things ready to put the tree and other decor up here.

Note to self: start wearing shoes and/or socks when taking out trash or getting the mail. Must have been in the teens, checked after I came back in, and my feet were burning from the cold. Was hopping up the stairs and porch because the pain and trying not to leave my feet to long on the pavement/stone. Once inside, I just stood on the tile landing just inside the door and took a deep breathe and waited a second or two for the burning to stop as my feet warmed back up. opps! Don't' wait to give myself frostbite!

Also had nutella on my last two cheddar bagels. Figured chocolate and cheese taste good, so why not? Yuuuuuum!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Hello everybody, I have not been anywhere on the CatSite since August and no, I will not read what everybody wrote in the meantime. I'll just pick up here. It is good to see so many familiar faces here and also some new ones.
Cheese and chocolate: I have been eating that together for years and it is sooo good.
Living in Reno is not going to work out. I can't breathe. Over and over I was told I would get used to the altitude but it's not happening. If anything it is getting worse. For the first 2 months I did ok, then I noticed that I had to stop halfway from my car to the entrance of the supermarket but once I had a grocery cart to hang onto I was ok. This got worse and worse, just standing around talking to someone made me get out of breathe. I was taking naps at home which I had never done before and I woke up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep for an hour or two. This was no good. As long as I was sitting I could do anything but once standing it was a different story. I put up with that for a year but then decided that not only did I not like Reno where there is hardly a blade of grass is to be found, everything is xeriscaped, the air is so dry that my skin and hair are like straw, but on top of that I can't breathe and thus have no energy. For a person who has always been active that is really awful. So after many weeks of thinking about it I decided I would have to pack up and move AGAIN! Not only is moving a pain it is also expensive and I did not have enough money to do that again so soon again. Then there was the problem of where to move to that not only was at a lower altitude but also affordable and where I would want to live for the rest of my life. No extreme weather like Reno where it gets into the teens at night during the winter and barely over 40 during the day, but over 100 during the summer for weeks on end. Friends recommended many different places and I checked them out via Internet but nothing came up for a long time until September. Then I came across McKinleyville in Humboldt County in the most northern part of California. Weatherwise it seemed ideal but something about it said it was not right for me so I cast my net in the neighborhood and found several small towns around Humboldt Bay that seemed to suit. I decided to take a 2 day trip to the coast and see if I liked the looks and vibes and I found that I did. Several small towns clustered around the Bay with Eureka being the largest that has all the chain stores and even a good-sized medical center. However, it also has a part of town that is not so savory and since it is right next to the ocean and the bay it is also much wetter than a town a little farther from the ocean. But then there is Arcata, the home of the Humboldt State University, located on the northeast side of the bay and much drier and a few degrees warmer. It has a central park with a few homeless people hanging out and there I stopped a young woman with a little boy who were out shopping and asked if I could ask her a few questions. After a bit of hesitancy but being assured that I was not trying to sell her anything or converting her to my brand of religion she agreed and I pumped her for all the information I could regarding living in that area. She lived a little farther inland but came to do her shopping in Arcata, she said if she had her choice that is where she would live but had not yet talked her husband into moving there. She gave me the lowdown on all the little towns, which were reasonably priced, how far away they were (everything seems to be 10 minutes drive time away), that sort of thing. I drove all over that town and the more I saw the better I liked it, lots of Victorian houses which were well kept, many small houses with front yards with flowers instead of lawns, and a short fence around them unlike the tall palisade fences here in Reno with no windows to the street. Everybody wore masks against the virus, otherwise it looked like one of the towns you see in Hallmark Channel movies. What was best is that everything was so green, the Redwood Forest is practically next door and people go sailing on Humboldt Bay even in very small boats. I also noticed that I could really breathe, no more stopping after a short walk. I went to the beach and walked all over the sand dunes and picked up some shells with no trouble at all. I was so full of energy I could hardly believe it. Unfortunately the effect only lasted for two days after I got back to Reno and by then the sky was full of smoke anyway. So what's not to like in the Humboldt Bay area? If you need the Big City you can get on a plane and be in San Francisco in an hour or if you just want to go on a shopping spree in specialty stores and make it a day you can drive to Redding over the mountain and be there in an hour.
After I got back to Reno, a 5 hour drive, I looked up everything I could find about Arcata, I had also picked up a copy of a magazine at the motel that told about everything about Humboldt County, all about the touristy stuff but also about living there and what each town had to offer to tourists and locals alike. Checked some real estate to see what was there in the way of rentals and it's about the same as here (and quite a bit less than SoCal which I had to leave because it became too expensive) but with the much milder climate I would probably save on utilities. It looks like an ideal place to raise a family and with the university there one's children would not even have to leave town to get a good education but be able to go out into the world once done.
So I have decided to move to Arcata once I have saved up enough to afford the move, not only the move itself as my son will move me and my belongings again, but the usual first month/last month/security deposit which keeps me from moving right away. I hope to be gone from here by Spring/Summer of 2021.
In the meantime I am packing up all my stuff slowly but surely, getting rid of things I never should have brought here and staying home as much as possible so I won't be exposed to the Corona virus. I wear a mask and a face shield when I go out and gloves too which is not bad right now because it is so cold outside. I hope everyone is well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I found a place to order us Christmas dinner from. Most are for at least four people, but this place does per person and looks pretty good. Otherwise, the plan is to quarantine and be on baby watch.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can’t find something for two; you could probably freeze half for after Bebe gets here. I would have appreciated meals!

Since the septic situation here has put me at my parents house multiple times per week anyway; we will have a Christmas Eve service at home with my mom and stepdad and then dinner again the next day. That’s normally who is here for Christmas. But normally we are at church for the candlelight service and there is a gathering afterwards. I’ll miss that part; but we are incorporating some traditions from when I was a kid and spent Christmas Eve with my dad’s side. I don’t know how to make (or spell) Bacala (salted cod) but mom is making cod and I have shrimp and eggnog. That reminds me; I need real butter for the shrimp!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of booking a hotel room for a night over my Christmas break. The hotel is within 2km of my home, so it will be a true staycation. A big bed, a cat-free sleep, a bathtub, heating I don't have to pay for...

I want to go somewhere since I've been good all year when everyone else was out traveling, but given our current situation it'd be more irresponsible than ever.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
christmas is on my mind .... my mom in law is going to do a family brunch and the we are going to unwrap are gifts ... short and sweet due to covid stuff ... whats you guys plans for christmas ?
What will brunch be?

Doing Zoom video chat on christmas eve and opening presents. One of my brother's and wife are doing a zoom video with her family on Christmas, so when my mom was asking me what time on Christmas was available I mentioned maybe we should do ours a different day. They are not as introverted as me, but I felt exhausted just thinking about my brother and his wife doing 3+ hours of zoom on Christmas if they visited with both families and thought it may be better for them.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toys and food mostly. She likes variety in her wet food. Also a few new harnesses and a little hoodie like her green one that's red and black View attachment 360941
What brands of wet and dry foods do you typically feed Rox? I am always interested in what others feed that I haven't heard of or tried yet. Someone on here casually mentioned Tiny Tiger and it ended up being Boone and Gracie's favorite. I too like to mix things up with a variety of foods.

Status
Not open for further replies.