The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
What will brunch be?

Doing Zoom video chat on christmas eve and opening presents. One of my brother's and wife are doing a zoom video with her family on Christmas, so when my mom was asking me what time on Christmas was available I mentioned maybe we should do ours a different day. They are not as introverted as me, but I felt exhausted just thinking about my brother and his wife doing 3+ hours of zoom on Christmas if they visited with both families and thought it may be better for them.
not sure. the mom in law and her husband will be doing the cooking . im looking forward to it no matter what they serve lol

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
christmas is on my mind .... my mom in law is going to do a family brunch and the we are going to unwrap are gifts ... short and sweet due to covid stuff ... whats you guys plans for christmas ?
First Christmas and New Year alone. Christmas because of Covid, but not completely, we're planning on going online together when eating and opening presents and such. :lol:

New Year alone is mostly because of the cat since I don't know how he reacts to fireworks yet.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
First Christmas and New Year alone. Christmas because of Covid, but not completely, we're planning on going online together when eating and opening presents and such. :lol:

New Year alone is mostly because of the cat since I don't know how he reacts to fireworks yet.
i dont participate in new years stuff either . im not a fan of fireworks and so i will be home for that holiday

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i dont participate in new years stuff either . im not a fan of fireworks and so i will be home for that holiday
I like looking at 1 or 2, then I get bored anyway. :lol:

I'm quite and rightfully proud of myself tonight. I have chronic depression and today I managed to do something I've been putting off for at least 6 months. Yay! It took me 30 minutes...:flail:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had a few good new years here. Last year I decided last minute (at about 10:30pm) to go to a venue my friend works at to see a band play and do the countdown. It was nice and low pressure. I didn't talk to anyone save to say hello and goodbye to my friend.

The year before, it was the last night that a friend owned a cafe nearby (she closed it the next day basically), so I met a bunch of our friends there for pizza and chicken and then we all went out to watch the fireworks over Lotte Tower.

My first year in Korea I got up at 4:30am and went to the "guardian" mountain of the city I was living in and climbed it. Got to the top about 30 minutes before the sunrise and a guy next to me offered to share his blanket and coffee with me. When the sun rose, everyone clapped and cheered together. I'd only been in Korea for less than 2 months at that time, so it was a nice way to feel like I was participating.

This year they're trying to keep everyone off the mountains and beaches (it's a cultural tradition to greet the New Year by watching the sunrise), so I will stay warm and toasty at home.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
I like looking at 1 or 2, then I get bored anyway. :lol:

I'm quite and rightfully proud of myself tonight. I have chronic depression and today I managed to do something I've been putting off for at least 6 months. Yay! It took me 30 minutes...:flail:
i know how you feel . i am bipolar and i have days where i dont feel like doing anything

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Pictures! Gorgeous Family!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure. the mom in law and her husband will be doing the cooking . im looking forward to it no matter what they serve lol
Understandable! It is always nice relaxing and eating what is served and not have to worry about cooking. :)

First Christmas and New Year alone.
How are you feeling about that? Last year was my first Christmas and New Year alone.

im not a fan of fireworks
Why so?

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

That is a victory! Proud of you. I've had things I've put off before, and when they finally get done it feels like a weight coming off and felt so easy to complete. Often think, why didn't I do this sooner? 🤪 But then it happens again and it is hard to remind myself how good it will feel when it is done as it feels overwhelming to start and finish. Vicious cycle, haha.

:nono::argh:
I really loathe people who are callous and lie to you. Uggghhhh!
me, too :heartshape:

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
Understandable! It is always nice relaxing and eating what is served and not have to worry about cooking. :)

How are you feeling about that? Last year was my first Christmas and New Year alone.

Why so?

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

That is a victory! Proud of you. I've had things I've put off before, and when they finally get done it feels like a weight coming off and felt so easy to complete. Often think, why didn't I do this sooner? 🤪 But then it happens again and it is hard to remind myself how good it will feel when it is done as it feels overwhelming to start and finish. Vicious cycle, haha.

me, too :heartshape:
fireworks are loud, harmful and they make my cats go nuts

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
fireworks are loud, harmful and they make my cats go nuts
There's so many both animals and people around that are scared of or injured because of fireworks, it's curious it's still a thing. A lot of places have rules about when, where and what kind though.

I'm starting to get used to the thought, but it's going to be weird not having people around. It's already weird not having to do the usual preparations. But honestly, it's fine, it's nothing compared to what other people have to do.

How did your last Christmas go? Did you make a dinner all to yourself, or..?

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been busy with assignments. Just handed in my exam about an hour ago but I won't be on the computer much or at all for the rest of the year/during my break. Been staring at this thing for months and for hours on end so I will be happy to not have to look at it for 4 weeks.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
There's so many both animals and people around that are scared of or injured because of fireworks, it's curious it's still a thing. A lot of places have rules about when, where and what kind though.

I'm starting to get used to the thought, but it's going to be weird not having people around. It's already weird not having to do the usual preparations. But honestly, it's fine, it's nothing compared to what other people have to do.

How did your last Christmas go? Did you make a dinner all to yourself, or..?
well i just dont like them much and i have ptsd so its really bad for me

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally finished wrapping presents for these spoiled rotten kids! Mrs. Claus still has to get her wrapping done, but Santa is only bringing two small gifts each and stockings. But Mrs. Claus always wraps the stocking stuffers because she knows how much kids enjoy ripping off paper.

I can't wait to put it all under the tree! But I trust Aedan about as much as I'd trust a fox in the henhouse so they'll stay in the closet for now. All except for Aedan's slide, which won't fit and is staying in my bedroom. 20201217_195311.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt , it is WONDERFUL seeing you again! I hope that you find the purrfect place for your move! That's always been one of my favorite areas.

The mail just arrived...5:15 and it’s totally dark. Husband, preparing to go out to get it, stares at iPhone and asks, “How do I find the flashlight?” I tell him to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. He does. Stares at it some more. Then says, “What does it look like?” Brief moment of silence while I give him a moment. Nothing. “It looks like a flashlight,” I say. “Oh,” he says. Taps it and scurries outside.

Don’t you hate snarky tech support? :lol:
Nope. Not a bit, and now I know how to find the flashlight on my phone!

christmas is on my mind .... my mom in law is going to do a family brunch and the we are going to unwrap are gifts ... short and sweet due to covid stuff ... whats you guys plans for christmas ?
WELL! Since you ask...Christmas Eve, I'll make grits casserole and hot fruit. Suzanne will stop by and we'll exchange gifts. Then Christmas morning, Hek and I will open our presents, just the two of us. DO NOT TELL HER, but she's making out like a bandit! Then again, she always does! After that, we'll relax and watch Christmas movies, then in the afternoon, I'll ZOOM with my sons. Christmas dinner here is normal supper time. Lasagna, garlic bread, and a salad. An ice cream sundae for dessert, probably. I forgot to buy anything, and that's easy!

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What brands of wet and dry foods do you typically feed Rox? I am always interested in what others feed that I haven't heard of or tried yet. Someone on here casually mentioned Tiny Tiger and it ended up being Boone and Gracie's favorite. I too like to mix things up with a variety of foods.
Dry- blue wilderness kitten
Wet- tiki mousse, natural balance, solid gold, and applawz, along with a few others. I literally go for anything at petsmart that's shreds, gravy, or toppers and also grain,soy,corn, and filler free, so basically my cat eats better than I do. Her paws are treated with coconut oil so between all the salmon mousse and that, her coat is shiny. I'm still learning her favorites. I know shes a big fan of salmon, duck, and turkey. She dislikes any type of patè so when give her some I will mix it up with unsalted bone broth or water. All of her dry food gets a topper, and anything that is labeled as adult gets some dry kitten food. I thought she was done growing but she thinned out way too much when I tried adult food only. She goes nuts for the little mousse treat pouches- seameal squeeze and tiki cat, and any gravy.

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finally finished wrapping presents for these spoiled rotten kids! Mrs. Claus still has to get her wrapping done, but Santa is only bringing two small gifts each and stockings. But Mrs. Claus always wraps the stocking stuffers because she knows how much kids enjoy ripping off paper.

I can't wait to put it all under the tree! But I trust Aedan about as much as I'd trust a fox in the henhouse so they'll stay in the closet for now. All except for Aedan's slide, which won't fit and is staying in my bedroom. View attachment 362639
Keep an eye on that closet, lol. 30 years later I still remember one Christmas when one of my older brothers found the hidden stash.😄

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they know where it is. This morning, Aedan opened it and gestured toward the bottom shelf - which was empty at the time - and looked at me like "where are the rest?" Entitled little butthead. Lol

I told the kids that if anyone peeks, it all goes back. Aislyn is old enough to understand. Aedan is never left unsupervised. Alianna is too little to cause trouble.

We're celebrating on Monday because Aislyn goes back to her mom's on the 24th. We're also letting her open her birthday presents that day - an mp3 player and headphones. We'll have a party for her the next time we have her and she's ok with that. John's mom and aunt both have covid so we're waiting until they can celebrate with us. Pray for them - especially the aunt because she has severe asthma.

I'm cooking the whole dinner myself on Monday and John will deliver plates to their door. I'm trying my hand at making noodles completely from scratch for the first time. I usually buy dry noodles but it seems easy enough. My oven is on the fritz so I'm borrowing a friend's turkey roaster and buying pre-made pies instead of making my own. The stove top is fine, though, so I can do the mashed potatoes, noodles, and stuffing. And I'm gonna try making sweet potatoes in my crock pot. I'm skipping the green bean casserole, even though it's one of my favorite things, due to the stupid oven.

It'll be quite interesting, making a whole Christmas dinner without an oven!

Status
Not open for further replies.