The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle's dental is tomorrow morning, and she was not allowed to eat past 8PM this evening. I'm expecting tonight to be very rough as soon as she gets hungry (I did feed her at like 7:50).

I really hope everything goes well. I'm pretty nervous even though I know vets do this sort of thing all the time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My rule with my kids is if they see it; I return it. They know where the stash is in the garage but they've been good staying out of it. DD knows what a couple of DS's presents are because I needed to know which Transformers he has and which his cousin has... After a while when he's talking about Transformers my eyes glaze over. :lol:

I haven't wrapped a thing yet though. I typically end up doing it all Christmas Eve. And every year I swear i won't do that again.

We've got a lot of fun plans for the next week though. We made 2 types of cookies today and we have 5 more on the list. I'm still dropping off boxes to certain people. We have gingerbread houses to put together and decorate. The kids have little Nutcracker's to paint from kits I found at the craft store this summer. And I bought a bunch of tiny canvases. I asked my kids for paintings for Christmas. DD already sketched a winter Christmas scene and I told her I LOVE it! I asked DS to make one of his Buddy; his stuffed raccoon that has gone everywhere with him since he was about 6 months old. He makes little doodles of Buddy that are so cute; I want to keep one for myself for forever. Those are perfect gifts to me! I got enough canvases that I hope to do a few mini paintings too.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dry- blue wilderness kitten
Wet- tiki mousse, natural balance, solid gold, and applawz, along with a few others. I literally go for anything at petsmart that's shreds, gravy, or toppers and also grain,soy,corn, and filler free, so basically my cat eats better than I do. Her paws are treated with coconut oil so between all the salmon mousse and that, her coat is shiny. I'm still learning her favorites. I know shes a big fan of salmon, duck, and turkey. She dislikes any type of patè so when give her some I will mix it up with unsalted bone broth or water. All of her dry food gets a topper, and anything that is labeled as adult gets some dry kitten food. I thought she was done growing but she thinned out way too much when I tried adult food only. She goes nuts for the little mousse treat pouches- seameal squeeze and tiki cat, and any gravy.
Interesting because all Boone and Gracie eat is pate. I have tried shreds and broths/gravies and they aren't fans of those. I have them on wet and dry marked for "all life stages" as there seemed to be more choices going that route. They liked Tiki Cat the first time I bought it but the next time, no dice. Right now they are getting a mix of Dr Elsey and Whole Earth Farms dry food. For wet, Tiny Tiger, Wellness, and Instinct. I need to decide what to do for my next Chewy order. Tiny Tiger is a staple so I need to think of two wet foods to get. I accidentally bought a 10 lbs bag of WEF dry so that will last a while.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to put it all under the tree! But I trust Aedan about as much as I'd trust a fox in the henhouse so they'll stay in the closet fo
ha!!!!!!!

segelkatt segelkatt We have/had a member who lives there and she loves it. I tried looking her up. I thought her name was Willowsmom but I couldn't find her. Seems like a nice quiet place to live.💖

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really hope everything goes well. I'm pretty nervous even though I know vets do this sort of thing all the time.
I bet she'll be fine. You may have to hold my hand when Hek has to have hers done...eventually. She had her Senior Wellness check, and when I asked about dental, my vet told me, "Well, looking in her mouth, I'd swear she was a two-year-old cat!"

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet she'll be fine. You may have to hold my hand when Hek has to have hers done...eventually. She had her Senior Wellness check, and when I asked about dental, my vet told me, "Well, looking in her mouth, I'd swear she was a two-year-old cat!"
Lelia is so confused that I came home without Sparkle.

We know for sure from her appointment last month she has a bad molar that needs to be taken out, and there's a chipped canine they're not sure about. And her breath is really bad, so it'll be better in the long run. I'm worried about trying to give her these cheek pouch pain medications, though. The tech kept trying to reassure me over the phone when I called to say we were here, so hopefully everything will go well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got the design plan for our new septic system. The good news is it's going on the opposite side of my yard from the trees. The downside; we probably have to move the raised veggie gardens. It might be ok. I need to check with a tape measure. Several years ago we had looked into getting a nice size above ground pool. It's a good thing we didn't because I would have been choosing between my trees and the pool right now. :disappointed: They are going to give us a quote tomorrow. But right now we are waiting on the plan approval. It's one step closer to being able to shower at home!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fireworks are loud, harmful and they make my cats go nuts
That's good reason. I think they are dangerous, but also unhealthy for the environment. I remember being a teen with family at a large gathering somewhere watching the fireworks. With each blast of light in the sky, it illuminated the smoke left by the previous blasts. It made me so sad and wondered why everyone was so excited and happy when so much pollution was being made.

I'm starting to get used to the thought, but it's going to be weird not having people around. It's already weird not having to do the usual preparations. But honestly, it's fine, it's nothing compared to what other people have to do.

How did your last Christmas go? Did you make a dinner all to yourself, or..?
That's understandable. It's a change for you.

My last Christmas was very refreshing and freeing. It was really good for me not spending time with family, especially after the previous year. Cannot remember what I ate, but for thanksgiving I know I bought a premade rotisserie chicken and premade sides, rolls, and cranberry sauce. Ate leftovers for most meals for a week, and it was great!

What are you thinking about for food?

Sending safe and healthy vibes. I was always a nervous wreck when Isabelle went for hers. Hope you hear back soon all is well.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I know how anxious you are about Sparkle’s dental. I have been there with 2 cats, 3 dentals.

Artie had 2 dentals; 4 teeth in all. he was fine each time. He came home hungry! They gave him a long acting pain Med and antibiotic.
In fact, he was so funny to watch—-stoned. So loving, so funny—- rolling around everywhere.

Geoffrey had a dental in January of this year. He is a very sensitive cat. Very anxious. He had 3 teeth extracted for FORLS. Ugh. Same long pain Med and antibiotic
He reacted much differently. Ran and hid under my bed for a long while. Finally came out to eat; went back under bed. I left him alone.
He did jump ontop of the bed to sleep with me.
The next day, he was fine. Wanting his dry food, but not for 3 days.
I was told to expect a dental for him every 2 years because of the FORLS. Sigh

Last annual vet visit, his teeth looked good! Only a bit of gingivitis !!!!

Good luck. We are here with you. Always. ((((Hugs)))

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom and I ordered from whole foods after finding out they offer free delivery if you have amazon prime. She was excited to get lots of higher quality fresh produce (compared to what comes with our Walmart runs). Put one goodie on the order to try.

20201218_112750.jpg

Definitely made with real watermelon, haha. See the seed??? Tastes like watermelon and very refreshing. Mostly just watermelon juice and sugar. :)
20201218_112728.jpg

Things have been rough.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending safe and healthy vibes. I was always a nervous wreck when Isabelle went for hers. Hope you hear back soon all is well.
Still waiting to hear. It's so hard. But I'm taking solace in that no one has called with bad news either.

Artie had 2 dentals; 4 teeth in all. he was fine each time. He came home hungry! They gave him a long acting pain Med and antibiotic.
In fact, he was so funny to watch—-stoned. So loving, so funny—- rolling around everywhere.

Geoffrey had a dental in January of this year. He is a very sensitive cat. Very anxious. He had 3 teeth extracted for FORLS. Ugh. Same long pain Med and antibiotic
I didn't quite understand if the antibiotic was standard or just if necessary. They asked what kind I wanted and I said liquid and I'd put it in her food if needed, and then decided that would probably be jinxing myself and I'd go into labor and have to leave them for a couple days in the middle of a medicine course, and while we can have people come and feed the girls, I'm not making family give medicine, so said I'd pay the extra for the injection instead. But I hope that's a just in case thing.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Second canine and bad premolar are gone. Antibiotic injection given because of how the canine looked in the jaw. Sparkle tried to rip out the IV and scratched the tech, which sounds about right for her. But did beautifully under the anesthesia and is now snuggling with a hot blanket and I can pick her up in a few hours. I'll be glad when I can go bring her home. Poor thing must be starving.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I'll ever get Aedan potty trained! Yesterday, I asked him if he would start telling me when he needed to poopy so he could go in the potty. He said, "No thanks." At least he was polite about it.
Sounds like my youngest. He would tell me he was too busy to stop playing and use the potty. I thought he was going to be in pull ups forever! :lol: He was about to start pre-k and would still routinely have accidents. I told him he wouldn't be able to go to school if he didn't stop going potty in his pants. He told me he was ok with never going to school. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.