The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every time I can dance like this with my friends:
you can sometimes see me (look for a flash of a ginger ponytail)! The "dance" is called skanking...ha common amongst punks, especially ska-loving punks.

The song is telling all the bad things about rock festivals, but the worst thing about them is that you might fall in love there haha. The chorus is more or less: Don't go to rock festivals, f*&k festivals, don't go to rock festivals...you might fall in love.

Also, the main singer, isn't really as tough and mean as he looks here. He's an avid cyclist and got into an accident, that's why he was all scuffed up.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I had the scariest moment of my life and I've been feeling like the worst mom on the planet. Saturday morning, Aedan woke up early. He didn't wake me up. He's NEVER not gotten me up before. Somehow, he slipped out of bed and out of the bedroom and closed the door behind him without waking me. It was our first night in the new place; maybe I was overly exhausted from working on moving and being 8 months pregnant. I usually wake up at the slightest noise.
Oh, but he didn't stop there. He figured out the dead bolt and went on a walk. I woke up, realized he was gone, completely panicked, and ran out out the door - or teleported; I don't remember how I got outside, I was just there - and there was a cop knocking on the door to our old apartment. They'd been trying to figure out where the little blonde boy belonged and he remembered seeing Aedan when John made noise complaints about the awful neighbors. The little turd made it 2 blocks away!
John left work early and went to WalMart and we installed extra locks on the tops of the doors - they can't be locked from the outside so I have to get up and engage them when John leaves at 5am. They're a violation of our lease, but they can take our whole deposit as far as I'm concerned. My baby's safety is the top priority. We also put up a baby gate in the hallway where the bedrooms are so he can't even get to the doors.
The officers who brought him back said it was a mandatory call to DFS. A lady showed up around 8pm Sunday night and was impressed that we'd already gone overboard to make absolutely sure it never happened again. And I've talked to several friends who all had their own "escaped toddler" story so I feel a little less horrible. But anything could have happened to him! I'm so glad he's safe. And he acted like it was just one grand adventure; all smiles and giggles when they brought him home. I can't stop randomly hugging and kissing on him; I was so relieved I wasn't even mad.

And then, last night, Connor and Murphy started acting up. Murphy apparently grew some nads and decided to challenge Connor as top cat. He was pulling that dominance move - biting the back of his neck and mounting him. Connor did that to him a couple times when they hit puberty and I immediately had them neutered before they started spraying and it was understood that Connor was the alpha. And 4 years later, Murphy is trying to change things. And they were being loud and angry and almost woke Aedan. I'm betting it's just stress from moving and they'll settle down soon. Mickey's staying out of it - he doesn't seem to care. I'm just ready to be done with this whole move and for things to go back to normal.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I had the scariest moment of my life and I've been feeling like the worst mom on the planet. Saturday morning, Aedan woke up early. He didn't wake me up. He's NEVER not gotten me up before. Somehow, he slipped out of bed and out of the bedroom and closed the door behind him without waking me. It was our first night in the new place; maybe I was overly exhausted from working on moving and being 8 months pregnant. I usually wake up at the slightest noise.
Oh, but he didn't stop there. He figured out the dead bolt and went on a walk. I woke up, realized he was gone, completely panicked, and ran out out the door - or teleported; I don't remember how I got outside, I was just there - and there was a cop knocking on the door to our old apartment. They'd been trying to figure out where the little blonde boy belonged and he remembered seeing Aedan when John made noise complaints about the awful neighbors. The little turd made it 2 blocks away!
John left work early and went to WalMart and we installed extra locks on the tops of the doors - they can't be locked from the outside so I have to get up and engage them when John leaves at 5am. They're a violation of our lease, but they can take our whole deposit as far as I'm concerned. My baby's safety is the top priority. We also put up a baby gate in the hallway where the bedrooms are so he can't even get to the doors.
The officers who brought him back said it was a mandatory call to DFS. A lady showed up around 8pm Sunday night and was impressed that we'd already gone overboard to make absolutely sure it never happened again. And I've talked to several friends who all had their own "escaped toddler" story so I feel a little less horrible. But anything could have happened to him! I'm so glad he's safe. And he acted like it was just one grand adventure; all smiles and giggles when they brought him home. I can't stop randomly hugging and kissing on him; I was so relieved I wasn't even mad.

And then, last night, Connor and Murphy started acting up. Murphy apparently grew some nads and decided to challenge Connor as top cat. He was pulling that dominance move - biting the back of his neck and mounting him. Connor did that to him a couple times when they hit puberty and I immediately had them neutered before they started spraying and it was understood that Connor was the alpha. And 4 years later, Murphy is trying to change things. And they were being loud and angry and almost woke Aedan. I'm betting it's just stress from moving and they'll settle down soon. Mickey's staying out of it - he doesn't seem to care. I'm just ready to be done with this whole move and for things to go back to normal.
Alicia 88 so sorry to hear of troubles,:blackcat2: 💙. Maybe a little dancing would help you feel better. C'mon tell me your favorite Dances???

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, scary! My brother's youngest kid is the same age, and he makes a break for it every time you turn around, so my parents put emergency locks on the tops of the doors too (my brother lives with my parents). Now he looks at the lock to see if it's set before he tries the door---little turd! If it happens to be unlocked, he's outta there!

He also drags the coffee table over to the door to try to reach the lock (he can't, plus we hope he couldn't work the lock even if he did reach it, although we probably shouldn't count on that---he learned how to work the carabiners holding the backyard gates closed, so they had to put padlocks on them). AND he hates clothes, so every time he escapes he's naked, which I'm sure would alarm CPS even more. My other nephew was a gentle, anxious child at that age and never would have gone anywhere without an adult. I don't know if everybody is going to survive this one! It makes me wonder how all the little cavechildren survived long enough to propagate the species, lol. This one would be eaten by a sabertooth cat for sure if he lived in times before baby leashes and security door locks.

On the plus side, he got scrached badly by one of her cats (who suffers no fools), and now he doesn't mess with any of the cats, so at least he has SOME self-preservation instincts.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've wondered about the cave children many times - I mean, Aedan puts everything in his mouth. And he's a climber. I don't know how he's avoided broken bones. I tested - our highest piece of furniture doesn't make him tall enough to reach the lock - yet. This boy is gonna be the death of me.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've wondered about the cave children many times - I mean, Aedan puts everything in his mouth. And he's a climber. I don't know how he's avoided broken bones. I tested - our highest piece of furniture doesn't make him tall enough to reach the lock - yet. This boy is gonna be the death of me.
Alicia88 I still have not heard from you about your favorite dance or dances, or memories of dances. I really do want to know what yours are! :bigeyes: ♥:silver:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On my mind... I'm worried about my mom. She started having symptoms of an allergic reaction after taking Tylenol Ultra Strength. She went to the hospital and the doctor barely looked at her and flagged her off. He said, "It's just bed bugs. I don't need to look at you. It's definitely bed bugs." And then he left. He dismissed everything she had to say and didn't even allow her to explain. It cannot be bed bugs because we checked the bed several times. I've slept in her bed several times and she is the only one with marks all over her body. The marks don't even look like bites. They look like giant blisters/rashes all over her. And it's only getting worse. I don't know what to do to help her. This all started after she took the Tylenol for something else.
Graceful-Lily I hope you will reply to my query about your favorite Dance or Dances. I really do want to know! ♥ :bigeyes:💙

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, scary! My brother's youngest kid is the same age, and he makes a break for it every time you turn around, so my parents put emergency locks on the tops of the doors too (my brother lives with my parents). Now he looks at the lock to see if it's set before he tries the door---little turd! If it happens to be unlocked, he's outta there!

He also drags the coffee table over to the door to try to reach the lock (he can't, plus we hope he couldn't work the lock even if he did reach it, although we probably shouldn't count on that---he learned how to work the carabiners holding the backyard gates closed, so they had to put padlocks on them). AND he hates clothes, so every time he escapes he's naked, which I'm sure would alarm CPS even more. My other nephew was a gentle, anxious child at that age and never would have gone anywhere without an adult. I don't know if everybody is going to survive this one! It makes me wonder how all the little cavechildren survived long enough to propagate the species, lol. This one would be eaten by a sabertooth cat for sure if he lived in times before baby leashes and security door locks.

On the plus side, he got scrached badly by one of her cats (who suffers no fools), and now he doesn't mess with any of the cats, so at least he has SOME self-preservation instincts.
Willowy I still would love to hear about your favorite dance or dances! C'mon give me some feedback. :bigeyes: ♥💙

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Alicia88 I still have not heard from you about your favorite dance or dances, or memories of dances. I really do want to know what yours are! :bigeyes: ♥:silver:
Graceful-Lily I hope you will reply to my query about your favorite Dance or Dances. I really do want to know! ♥ :bigeyes:💙
Willowy I still would love to hear about your favorite dance or dances! C'mon give me some feedback. :bigeyes: ♥💙
:lol: ♥Kat0121 I still want to know what your favorite Dance is!:silver:

You really should start a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.