The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were putting in our order for Aldi with the girl from my mom's church, she gave me a lecture on how fattening my Thousand Islands Dressing is. I thought that was quite ironic considering what I was in the hospital for!

Why are people so judge-y about creamy dressings? I can't eat my salad without my beloved Thousand Islands. I don't like those healthier vinegary dressings, they just taste so blah to me.
I would politely tell her it is none of her business what you eat. It is your body. How dare she put her 2 cents into it. She is doing your grocery shopping. She is not there to lecture you.

You could tell her that you have run you 'diet', by your personal doctor; who approves of your choices.

What's on my mind is that Ebay sellers fib! My cappuccino powder said guaranteed to arrive Monday. But I looked on Monday and the tracking number had not moved in several days. It just said info sent. I emailed the seller and he goes "Okay, it's moving now. I don't know why it's taking so long."...What a fibber! He only sent the info before, he just sent the package now.
A lot of my packages are being delayed. The delivery services are all backed up, due to the Covid Virus.

I am very careful of shopping on E-Bay. The one and only time I did, my account was hacked several months after I last used it. I only know because I got an email from E-Bay telling me I was barred from them. It was because of non-payment of items bought--in other words, I was hacked and the person was scamming buyers.

That was it... I had to ask a relative, who is a cop, to look into it for me. He got hacked also.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I just got my last Amazon order, bah! Came from China and took two months. That would not be so bad considering the backlog on everything paper, BUT it was supposed to be 10 rolls of paper towels, really cheap. What I got was 10 rolls of toilet paper with no carton roll on the inside so you can't put it on a holder. It will do for keeping in the car instead of tissue but that is about it. I had also ordered TP from a different company, also in China, which took along time also but not this long and the rolls were really small although it was quite good TP, not quite like Charmin super soft but close. Now that the run on TP and PT has pretty much stopped and stores are stocking it again I can get a big package of PT and be done with it for a while. I certainly won't buy off brand paper goods from Amazon again.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I failed it. Luckily, I have one more attempt. Think I'll wait until tomorrow, though.
Katie M So sorry to hear, but glad you have another chance. Remember what is important-not how many times we fall, but how many times we get up! I think you will pass next time. Good idea to wait at least 1 day and you can go over what you need to work at. Sounds challenging, though I have no idea what it entails. Keep us posted. We'll be keeping our paws crossed for you! ♥ :silver:🌻

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, ers[pecially with all this going on and employees sent home, it is taking longer on everything! My Walmart orders are taking weeks, so is Amazon. Instead of days, it is taking weeks too. If you have an order coming from China, forget it, I ordered a new cat box enclosure in March, and it isn't coming until June. I wish they would tell you this at the beginning! We ordered a chandelier from Menards, the same thing. Ordered the last week of March, coming in June! I'm sure China is laughing....
Yeah. This is a busy time for my Etsy shop and all of the packages I have sent have been one to three days later than usual. Sometimes they move quickly and then get stuck at a certain facility for a couple days when they are usually moved out in hours.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Amazon packages took a bit longer, too, but I got baby girl's car seat yesterday and Aedan's new bedding today. We haven't put his bed frame together yet, but I put on the mattress protector and bedding. He was really excited when I showed him. I'm gonna put him to bed in there tonight and see how it goes. I actually feel a bit better about having the mattress on the floor in the beginning, anyway.

He picked out the bedding. Pointed to it on my screen. This was his reaction when I showed him:
1588908294498.png

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Amazon packages took a bit longer, too, but I got baby girl's car seat yesterday and Aedan's new bedding today. We haven't put his bed frame together yet, but I put on the mattress protector and bedding. He was really excited when I showed him. I'm gonna put him to bed in there tonight and see how it goes. I actually feel a bit better about having the mattress on the floor in the beginning, anyway.

He picked out the bedding. Pointed to it on my screen. This was his reaction when I showed him:
View attachment 333352
He's adorable

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I am not doing okay this week.
Yeah, this week was kinda a downer. I think I'm over Facebook. Family & Friends don't really respond to words, only pictures. I'm not much of a picture person. But I guess that's why it's called "Face" book.

I just want to go somewhere away from here.
I feel like this every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.