The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I have you girls to talk about this stuff with. It's a blessing. It seems like my friends/family on Facebook are really silent lately and not there for me. I don't know if they are just stressed out about this quarantine? It seems like they could make a little more effort to keep in touch though. I read this meme yesterday that said stop giving 100% with people who only give 50%...I can relate.
I know exactly how you feel. I get that people are feeling the mental strain of being home all the time but I really thought friends would reach out more. It seems like I've been the one doing all the messaging first and I haven't heard from anyone in weeks because I've purposely stopped messaging people.

Maybe you could try saying something to them M maggiedemi ? Maybe they'll appreciate it. I don't know what your relationship is like with your friends/family but perhaps they are also looking for someone to talk to.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Y'all know this thing should be called physical distancing, not social distancing; it's a misnomer. Don't know who thought up "social" nor why it did not occur to them that it is a physical thing that we need right now. The last thing we need right now is to quit socializing. This forum is quite wonderful for socializing and I appreciate all of you a great deal. So many laughs, tears, heartaches and joys can be shared. Many thanks to ALL of you! :silver: :hellocomputer::bigeyes:♥

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could try saying something to them M maggiedemi M maggiedemi ? Maybe they'll appreciate it.
I tried saying something to my favorite cousin. But she said "Well you know we all have families- children and grandchildren." It kind of hurt my feelings. They are all stuck at home, the same as me, so I doubt they are that much busier than me, but still I make the effort.

This forum is quite wonderful for socializing and I appreciate all of you a great deal.
I agree! :grouphug:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all know this thing should be called physical distancing, not social distancing; it's a misnomer. Don't know who thought up "social" nor why it did not occur to them that it is a physical thing that we need right now. The last thing we need right now is to quit socializing. This forum is quite wonderful for socializing and I appreciate all of you a great deal. So many laughs, tears, heartaches and joys can be shared. Many thanks to ALL of you! :silver: :hellocomputer::bigeyes:♥
YES! I've been telling my mom this since they started calling it "social distancing". I don't even know why I'm still calling it that. :lol:

This forum is a rare gem indeed. So glad I found it. Love you all! :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It made me emotional and thought it was kool. I waved as I went by and started tearing up. Not sure why it made me cry, but I did.
Because in the middle of all of this, they are still reaching out...to EVERYONE! It is incredibly touching. I'd have cried, too!

Thank you. I was informed he just closed his eyes now. No more pain for him at least.
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Y'all know this thing should be called physical distancing, not social distancing; it's a misnomer. Don't know who thought up "social" nor why it did not occur to them that it is a physical thing that we need right now. The last thing we need right now is to quit socializing.
I was JUST thinking about that earlier today. We need physical distancing, but we need social closeness more than ever. And, LOL, it is SO nice to see someone else saying "y'all!"

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dancing. That is what is on my mind today. I love to Dance! A few of my skills at it: ballet, tap, jazz, tango (my favorite), ballroom & even a great attempt at break dancing back when it was popular. Any kind of dancing, even the black bottom which my aunt taught me many years ago! Can y'all share some of your favorite dances, dance moves and pleasant memories of Dancing? Pretty please? :bigeyes:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two step, ten step, line dancing, freestyle dancing, the twist.... My Beautiful Cat even has a few Dances of her own. Her favorite is what I call the Tail Dance where she wiggles the base of her tale when I'm fixing her food. I bet every single one of you has a great story to tell, a favorite romantic Dance in the Moonlight. Do tell. I tell you truly this is what is on my mind.:gingercat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can y'all share some of your favorite dances, dance moves and pleasant memories of Dancing?
I just make up my own dance moves. I have a little bit of The Twist in there, and some Shakira hip shaking, maybe some Elvis. I have this one dance move where I hold my arms above my head. And then another one where I spin around with my arms out. I always dance around when I post my song of the day. :thumbsup:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind... I'm worried about my mom. She started having symptoms of an allergic reaction after taking Tylenol Ultra Strength. She went to the hospital and the doctor barely looked at her and flagged her off. He said, "It's just bed bugs. I don't need to look at you. It's definitely bed bugs." And then he left. He dismissed everything she had to say and didn't even allow her to explain. It cannot be bed bugs because we checked the bed several times. I've slept in her bed several times and she is the only one with marks all over her body. The marks don't even look like bites. They look like giant blisters/rashes all over her. And it's only getting worse. I don't know what to do to help her. This all started after she took the Tylenol for something else.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have her take some Benedryl (if she tolerates it of course!). At first just 2 tablets, but she can work up to 4-6 pills if necessary. That's what they told my dad to do if he got stung by a bee (he's allergic), because all they do in the ER is give him injectable Benedryl. Try a different ER if she needs it, and throw a fit if you have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.