The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting ready to travel tomorrow to clean out my rental. The large commercial vans with no seats in the back where not available to rent, so getting a minivan, which hopefully has stow and go or removable seats. Already planning for at least two trips. My brother is going down with me first, and then my mom. I'm having bouts of bad anxiety worrying about if one of them or myself gets sick from the trip... I know we are all safe and take precautions, and we will be driving through in one shot so we would not be staying somewhere overnight, like a hotel. I'm sure it will be fine, but I would feel so guilty if one of my family members got sick and died. Figured it is better to go now while most stay at homes are still going on as there hopefully would be less traffic at gas stations, etc. compared to when things start opening back up. I was debating waiting until the end of the month, but many states may be open by then. Plus, there would be less wiggle room if something in my plans didn''t goes as planned and I don't want to pay rent past may.

Wish me luck everyone...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out to get curb side pick up for something, and when driving back someone was dressed in a blue costume that made me think of the blues clues dog. They were walking with their kids and waving at traffic going buy. It made me emotional and thought it was kool. I waved as I went by and started tearing up. Not sure why it made me cry, but I did. Beautiful weather, too. Had my windows open as long as no car was driving close to me with their windows open. Man. I need to find ways to get myself outside more.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been having to work right through this virus thing maintaining equipment as it sits idle and charging batteries so we dont lose all the programming and costing thousands of dollars if we let things just die.
In between have been doing some sadly neglected maintenance on all the equipment and repairs to badly done jobs by electricians and truck mechanics etc.
Some of the near disastrous things I have found and had to fix and redo has blown out to a month of 10-12 hour days instead of 2 weeks then going to part time.
I am having attack of the guilt's seeing as all my work mates are stuck at home living on subsistence money and I am earning heaps of overtime.
Also they all want to come back to work and I just want a break..I am exhausted.
Everything all upside down and back to front.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been having to work right through this virus thing maintaining equipment as it sits idle and charging batteries so we dont lose all the programming and costing thousands of dollars if we let things just die.
In between have been doing some sadly neglected maintenance on all the equipment and repairs to badly done jobs by electricians and truck mechanics etc.
Some of the near disastrous things I have found and had to fix and redo has blown out to a month of 10-12 hour days instead of 2 weeks then going to part time.
I am having attack of the guilt's seeing as all my work mates are stuck at home living on subsistence money and I am earning heaps of overtime.
Also they all want to come back to work and I just want a break..I am exhausted.
Silver Crazy I hope you can get in at least a catnap. Sounds like you are coping with things very well indeed all things considered. :silver:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone noticed that people aren't really social distancing? Like... at all?!
I took Izellah for a walk and the track by my old high school has about 10 people running and interacting closely with each other. Some people are even sitting in the grass and talking. There are so many bike riders on the sidewalk and joggers. People stopping to talk to each other. One guy even stopped to talk to us. He has a dog that looks like mine and asked if I'd like to start a family. 🙄

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. He was walking with his family and told me I could come over for the dogs to have a playdate but excuse me sir, have you ever heard of coronavirus??

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is-- have you girls ever worn racerbacks before? After my 2 hour walk outside, my back and neck were really hurting. I guess the way it crisscrosses in the back pulls on my back/neck or something. I'm glad I only bought one of these!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is-- have you girls ever worn racerbacks before? After my 2 hour walk outside, my back and neck were really hurting. I guess the way it crisscrosses in the back pulls on my back/neck or something. I'm glad I only bought one of these!
I wear one when I'm working out and it's too hot for my regular exercise top. I agree, it can put pressure on the shoulders/neck. Especially the skin tight ones (which is the one I have). But I only have one and I'm glad it's just the one.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone noticed that people aren't really social distancing? Like... at all?!
I took Izellah for a walk and the track by my old high school has about 10 people running and interacting closely with each other. Some people are even sitting in the grass and talking. There are so many bike riders on the sidewalk and joggers. People stopping to talk to each other. One guy even stopped to talk to us. He has a dog that looks like mine and asked if I'd like to start a family. 🙄

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. He was walking with his family and told me I could come over for the dogs to have a playdate but excuse me sir, have you ever heard of coronavirus??
Graceful-Lily he wanted to mate with You-you so pretty; probably the dogs having puppies together furthest from his mind.;) But yeah I notice people who are so insensitive to others and so lacking in common sense it baffles me. :silver:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Rough today... how are you doing?

Congrats on your awesome achievements! What brought you back to finishing your BA? What was that like for you?

I did not start until I was past 30, my husband had just abandoned me with 4 children, I was on welfare and could not see how I could ever raise and feed my children on minimum wage so the best thing was to go to school and get a degree and hopefully a decent job. This was in the early 70s and welfare would not put up with that now but they did then as long as they could see you had a goal and were working toward it. There were a lot of single moms doing that then as the divorce rate was really quite high. I let someone else figure out why, I have my own theory. Because I first went to a community college there was no tuition and I got my AA degree there. I did well, did not have a job, just drew welfare, went to school while my kids were in school so had no childcare issues. I got several recommendations, was awarded several small scholarships toward my expenses at the big university and was advised to apply for every kind of financial aid I could get there including on-campus housing for older, married or graduate students.I was accepted, was given a small 3 bedroom apartment, my fees were paid with scholarships and grants, I got a work-study job on campus and I still drew my welfare check. It took me 3 years to complete what should have taken 2 years but I could only take one difficult course plus 2 easier ones if I wanted to keep up a good GPA, after all I also had a family to take care of. I never felt weird or out of place, older students were common with ex-soldiers attending on the GI Bill and all those single moms. So the kids all hung out together, to them it was normal that their parent went to school when they did and the nearby schools had their share of students' children. Although my grades in school when I lived at home were not great as I was a lazy student who would rather bury herself in the library instead of doing homework, this was a different ball game: I took the classes I wanted to besides the ones I had to take as a requirement. The required classes were not hard as this was what I was interested in, already knew a lot from previous reading so did not have to memorize a lot. To be able to live on campus I had to carry a full load, meaning 3 classes of 4 units which I did. No, it was not easy, I would not recommend it, there is a big chunk of my life where I had practically no social life but I managed and it eventually paid off by obtaining a job that was right for me, paid the bills and gave me a small pension. When I graduated it was one day after my oldest child graduated from high school.

I remember feeling nervous and weird going back to school at my age, but my first class had a student older than me, and it helped me accept that this was an amazing thing I was doing and to be proud and not embarrassed that I was older. My next class after also had an older guy. Both had been in the military and, I believe, were closer to or in their 40's. At my school now is another older male who went back using the GI bill, too.

Like moving other then when you breathe?? Is it like a muscle twitching?

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, too... were you the one worried about your bladder hurting from the jump? May be best to get it checked out. :hugs:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I don't know if this is the correct place to put this but what is on my mind is cartoons from when we were children. (Please move it if it is not in the right place.) Me, I liked Felix the Cat, Heckle & Jeckle and the Jetsons. What are some of yours? :redcat:
Top Cat, the roadrunner, Tom and Jerry

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Went out to get curb side pick up for something, and when driving back someone was dressed in a blue costume that made me think of the blues clues dog. They were walking with their kids and waving at traffic going buy. It made me emotional and thought it was kool. I waved as I went by and started tearing up. Not sure why it made me cry, but I did. Beautiful weather, too. Had my windows open as long as no car was driving close to me with their windows open. Man. I need to find ways to get myself outside more.
WillowMarie something like that is what I saw yesterday on my way to an appointment. Man in red, pretty red shoes & earphones dancing like he was having the time of his life. It was so cheerful and amusing he was obviously there to entertain everyone (mask red also). It was adorable-I gave him the "thumbs up" sign.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a break, have a few days off. You deserve it!! no guilt, it's just the way things have to be
for awhile.Maybe send them pizzas?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear one when I'm working out and it's too hot for my regular exercise top. I agree, it can put pressure on the shoulders/neck. Especially the skin tight ones (which is the one I have). But I only have one and I'm glad it's just the one.
I'm glad I have you girls to talk about this stuff with. It's a blessing. It seems like my friends/family on Facebook are really silent lately and not there for me. I don't know if they are just stressed out about this quarantine? It seems like they could make a little more effort to keep in touch though. I read this meme yesterday that said stop giving 100% with people who only give 50%...I can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.