The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
For the Award ceremony, I've been asked to submit a head shot or photo of me. My nice camera is back at my rental, so deciding between these three and cannot decide. What picture should I choose?

Also, if anyone wants some fun, how old am I??? A virtual high five will be awarded to the closest guesser!!! Promise this will be a fun game! If anybody wants me to guess there age, let me know. I will! :clapcat:
A little older than the usual student but then what is "usual"? I was 38 when I finally got my BA and there were several others around that same age, we called ourselves the "geriatric set" at the graduation ceremony and had a lot of fun. No wrinkles on your face as far as I can see so I would say maybe 28.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this normal? Can one of you guys check your stomach?
Halfway between the chest and bellybutton, is it normal to be able to see your stomach pound up and down?
Where my 9 inch scar is, I can see it pounding up and down.
I am such a hypochondriac now! I worry about every little thing.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
How's everyone doing?
My skin was clearing up nicely before we switched to online school and I hadn't seen a pimple that often. One here and there but definitely no break outs or cyst. Now? It's gone back to the way it was before. My hyperpigmentation had just started to fade out too.

I wonder if it's from the stress of being home? My skin routine hasn't really changed. I still use the same glycerin soap and I exfoliate once a week or less depending on how much my skin is peeling.

I saw a charcoal face soap at the grocery store the other day but my mom didn't want me to buy it because she's afraid that it'll mess up my skin.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's everyone doing?
Rough today... how are you doing?

A little older than the usual student but then what is "usual"? I was 38 when I finally got my BA and there were several others around that same age, we called ourselves the "geriatric set" at the graduation ceremony and had a lot of fun. No wrinkles on your face as far as I can see so I would say maybe 28.
Congrats on your awesome achievements! What brought you back to finishing your BA? What was that like for you?

I remember feeling nervous and weird going back to school at my age, but my first class had a student older than me, and it helped me accept that this was an amazing thing I was doing and to be proud and not embarrassed that I was older. My next class after also had an older guy. Both had been in the military and, I believe, were closer to or in their 40's. At my school now is another older male who went back using the GI bill, too.

Halfway between the chest and bellybutton, is it normal to be able to see your stomach pound up and down?
Like moving other then when you breathe?? Is it like a muscle twitching?

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, too... were you the one worried about your bladder hurting from the jump? May be best to get it checked out. :hugs:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
? I'm not sure this is normal, but on the other hand, as W WillowMarie is commenting, it could be a number of things that are relatively normal...

Mia6 Mia6 doing marvelously here, busy with springtime things. On my mind; one of my marimo balls is travelling the world. Each day it rises to the surface an hour later, and sinks accordingly LOL

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much pounding? I'm sitting and right underneath my ribcage I can see a little up and down movement of my skin at the same rate as my heartbeat it looks like.

I remember feeling nervous and weird going back to school at my age, but my first class had a student older than me, and it helped me accept that this was an amazing thing I was doing and to be proud and not embarrassed that I was older. My next class after also had an older guy. Both had been in the military and, I believe, were closer to or in their 40's. At my school now is another older male who went back using the GI bill, too.
Are you waiting for more people to guess before you tell us the actual answer?

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
segelkatt Dear, I meant no harm. Since I speak French as well as a few other languages, I responded rapidly. As far as learning a new language my Mother was learning to speak Chinese at age 99. So perhaps at your beautiful age you will change your mind and learn yet another one; maybe not. Language has always been fascinating to me (might be genetic ???). :wave3: :bigeyes: β™₯

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting and right underneath my ribcage I can see a little up and down movement of my skin at the same rate as my heartbeat it looks like.
Yes! Thanks for checking. I asked my mom & dad to check their stomachs and neither one of them could be bothered to do it.
But it's exactly as you describe, going up and down like a heartbeat. I just didn't know if that was normal in that area between my chest and belly button, but then again I never looked before! It seems like every little thing scares me lately. My nerves are shot. Thanks again for checking. ❀

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Thanks for checking. I asked my mom & dad to check their stomachs and neither one of them could be bothered to do it.
But it's exactly as you describe, going up and down like a heartbeat. I just didn't know if that was normal in that area between my chest and belly button, but then again I never looked before! It seems like every little thing scares me lately. My nerves are shot. Thanks again for checking. ❀
If you are thin, you can normally feel one of your major blood vessels; the largest artery in your body. It is called the Aorta. To be precise it is the abdominal Aorta. It pulses with your heartbeat. It lies right in the middle of your belly, running from you heart to near the pelvic region, where it divides into two other branches.

It is normal to feel this. Do not get alarmed.
If you are just noticing it now, it means you have lost weight, and do not have any fat to hide the pulsations from your hand.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No wrinkles on your face as far as I can see so I would say maybe 28.
Congratulations! You are the closest! :clap::clap2: As promised, here is a virtual high five or two

I believe you're a bit older than a 'typical' college student, but look fairly young. I'm going to guess 26. I think people know how old I am, so it's no fun to guess for me.
Good guess! Still higher and closer than what average people who know me in person have guessed 😁 I was in my mid twenties when customers at work (retail store) stopped asking me what high school I went to, and started asking what college.

Wowza, you're beautiful, I would go with this one. 24?
This is what most people guessed last year at school when it was my birthday, and some of the pics I posted were from last year. When my teacher found out my age, he said he never would have guess I was over 24! Many students asked to see my license because they didn't believe me! πŸ˜…πŸ€£

My real age is actually 34 years old. I went back to school right before my 30th birthday.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOU GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!! I just found out the award I will be receiving is the Wildlife Biology award that is given to a Wildlife Biology majoring student!!! Ah, I'm crying!

My teacher e-mailed me about it, and looks like he will be saying something about me and asked for some achievements and favorite memories of my college experience! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I submitted the picture of me small mammal trapping, which will be the perfect picture for receiving this award. :sniffle::heartshape:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
YOU GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!! I just found out the award I will be receiving is the Wildlife Biology award that is given to a Wildlife Biology majoring student!!! Ah, I'm crying!

My teacher e-mailed me about it, and looks like he will be saying something about me and asked for some achievements and favorite memories of my college experience! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I submitted the picture of me small mammal trapping, which will be the perfect picture for receiving this award. :sniffle::heartshape:
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Congratulations!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My real age is actually 34 years old. I went back to school right before my 30th birthday.
Wow! You definitely don't look it! Your skin is so youthful. Meanwhile, here I am a bit older with a few grays. :bawling:

That was my choice! I also like that you're smiling in that one - it's all happy for an award.

Status
Not open for further replies.