The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very excited. We got the letter officially offering us the bigger apartment. The virus stuff slowed things down. But we have an appointment Tuesday to sign the papers and then we have 2 weeks to get moved. Across the sidewalk. So we won't need to rent a truck or anything. John will be doing most of it since I'm 7 weeks pregnant and can't do any lifting. But I'm very excited to have the extra space. And the whole building is ours. So no shared walls with neighbors!
We're one of three households who keep calling in noise complaints for the new neighbors next door to us. They're always pulling in with their car stereo blasting and enough bass to vibrate our windows at all hours of the day and night. And we currently share a wall with them and they play the same crap inside their house. They're probably getting evicted soon. And even if they don't, my annoyance level will be halved when we move cuz I won't have to listen to them through my walls anymore. Yay!

Oh Alicia,

That's wonderful! and so close!! :hugs:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind, did get any sleep because of nightmares.

I'm trying to get into a healthy sleeping pattern for the summer months since my sleep schedule was nonexistent during my first and second semester. I made a rule to leave my phone downstairs and I have to be off it by 12am (it was 2am before). Next week, I will try for 11pm and slowly work my way up until I'm going to bed earlier and waking up earlier.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is more sore right leg. It has hurt since September. I mean, look what happened to my sore tooth when I waited too long. I lost my tooth. Will I lose my leg? I'm terrified to get it X-rayed. What if I lose my leg? I'll never survive it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is more sore right leg. It has hurt since September. I mean, look what happened to my sore tooth when I waited too long. I lost my tooth. Will I lose my leg? I'm terrified to get it X-rayed. What if I lose my leg? I'll never survive it.
You should get it checked out! My brother's leg was really sore about 7 years ago and he had a DVT. He was able to recover after being put on blood thinners, but it's good he got help before it traveled up to his lungs or something.

And if it's something like nerve pain instead (I got a bruise on my hip once that caused a lot of leg pain because the swelling was pushing into the sciatic nerve, which thankfully resolved in a few weeks once the bruise went away), they could give you medicine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They aren't usually so quick to amputate a leg as they are to pull a tooth ;)
I guess I worked myself into a panic attack just thinking about it. I remember my dentist saying about my tooth "It can't be saved." I hope they don't say that about my leg!

My brother's leg was really sore about 7 years ago and he had a DVT.
Yikes. I Googled it and I suppose it could be that. The doctor & nurses did warn me that I was going to get a blood clot because I wouldn't get out of my hospital bed every 2 hours like they wanted me to.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind, did get any sleep because of nightmares.

I'm trying to get into a healthy sleeping pattern for the summer months since my sleep schedule was nonexistent during my first and second semester. I made a rule to leave my phone downstairs and I have to be off it by 12am (it was 2am before). Next week, I will try for 11pm and slowly work my way up until I'm going to bed earlier and waking up earlier.
Nice job. It can be so challenging to change these patterns. Once coming back home I was staying on the computer until 8-9 pm and was not sleeping as well. I'm a 9 pm girl. Always have been. Started reading a book a week or two ago after feeding the cats at 7 pm and not use any technology. The weird thing is when using technology, sometimes you don't feel tired at all, but I can tell I'm exhausted and fall asleep fast after reading to 1-2 hours before bed.

I've been reading Jurraisic Park. The movies are my favorite, and the book has been such a joy to read! It is very, very different from the movies, so it has been very exciting to read. Almost finished, probably a couple more days and the book will be completed.

Do you have anything special you do after no phone time? What is your end goal for bed time and no phone time?

Agree with the others. I know it is scary to think about, although it is better to figure out what may be going on sooner than later because there will be more treatment options. Anyways, maybe it is an easy fix. You never know. <3 Keep us updated and take care.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need to mention to my brother that if I make food to ask me before eating it, or just don't eat my leftovers. He's great at helping eat leftovers in the fridge, but I like to make larger portions and eat multiple meals so there is less cooking and energy involved. It has always exhausted me trying to cook everyday.

I ordered a frozen pizza on the last grocery order, but my mom increased it to two, so my brother could have some, too. I made one today and went back later to eat the leftovers in the fridge. My brother had eaten them. :eek: 😢😭 My mom's like, oh, I didn't know you didn't want him to eat it. Um, mom, I thought you ordered two so I could have one and he could have one! Mom: I ordered two because I didn't think one would be enough to feed you both. Ugh, don't feel like cooking more food and feel sad now, so eating Doritos and chocolate.

On the plus side, a local confectionery had sales on certain 1 pound bags of chocolate/candy, online ordering and payment, and curbside pickup, so I got a bag of milk chocolate covered pretzels, german chocolates, dark chocolate pumpkin caramels, and milk chocolate cookie dough bites. Spent under $9, 2 bags were $3 and 2 bags were $1!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy. That reminds me of the Detective career in Sims 3 Ambitions lol sorry the thought just ran through my head when I read that.
That's funny! I haven't tried the Detective career, sounds neat!

Oh my goodness, I also posted that in the wrong thread, hahahahaha, meant to post in it the coronavirus thread! 🤣

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news Alicia88 Alicia88 ! Is it a house you're renting or is it a building like ours where there's one unit per floor (we're the only ones on the third floor, our landlady has the second, and the first floor is split into two in our current building)?

I like your new avatar Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily !
It's not really a house, exactly. We live in an apartment complex with a series of stand alone aparetments and duplexes. They all look exactly the same and they're the same size. Brick buildings. But the stand alone buildings are double the size of each duplex (obviously) so not only are we getting another bedroom, but all the rooms will be slightly bigger. And all the buildings are just one floor.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny! I haven't tried the Detective career, sounds neat!

Oh my goodness, I also posted that in the wrong thread, hahahahaha, meant to post in it the coronavirus thread! 🤣
"I bet no one will see me now" is the usual response they give while holding 2 little bushes on sticks in front of their faces. I think they duplicated that for rebellious teens who ding dash people's homes too. I haven't had a chance to play the sims for awhile as I'm too busy getting stuff squared away here.

Today's thought is just a stumper about Harrison the raccoon and how he tried to set the camera back up that he accidentally knocked over. lol

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie - After I turn my phone off, I meditate. Since the semester ended, my heart rate has dropped dramatically since I'm not stressing over assignments 24/7. I was laying in bed trying to meditate when I noticed that my heart was beating slower than usual. I timed it and it was at 68bpm which is rare for me. I'm usually around 90 - 120bpm (even while resting). And if I really focus and calm my body, I can get it down to 60bpm. It was really exciting because my heart rate has been a huge issue for me for a while now. But I've been exercising a lot the last 8 months (walking at least 6km a week) and riding my bike. Just trying to get out in general. It's nice to see my heart responding positively to my lifestyle changes which tells me that I can and will get better eventually. I just need more help. Next, I'm trying to work on my diet.

So, putting the phone away has in turn allowed me to get a better nights sleep which seems to be helping with my heart health. Heart disease and cancer runs in the family so I'm always worried that my mental health issues is taking a toll on my body, especially my heart.

We'll see how things are by the end of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.