The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Health. Health is what’s on my mind! Nothing is the same. Covid (aka covert in my book) has altered my entire life. I had to watch as a vet tech took my kitten into the emergency hospital because he ate a lily leaf. That was heartbreaking to see him go behind closed doors knowing I won’t see him for 2-3 days while they pump him full of fluids to prevent renal failure. This is sadly ironic because my rheumatologist started me on a strong type Med for my arthritis and it may have damaged my kidneys. I have to go, oh wait a minute, I have to telemed her Friday! But I must say, it was so very sad to see my Lucca disappearing through those veterinarian hospital doors: I sat fuming at this ridiculous predicament humanity is in as I watched, helplessly unable to comfort my kitten 😢
It's hard not being there with your kitty when they have to get treatment. Hope to health and speedy recovery for both of you. This too will pass.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind? It's not fun to bathe a 40lb bulldog made of pure muscle and bone.

My mom said she would help me later but I couldn't wait. My finger tips were brown when I last gave her a rub down and that was a sign that she was long overdue. At least she behaves a bit better in the tub now that she's used to me. When she was younger, she'd run and scream thinking I was going to drown her. Poor girl. She'll be 1 year old in less than a month. Time flies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep wondering why I have to fight USPS, Fed or UPS to deliver my packages to me. There's no roaming dogs, no fires, no bears, coyotes or snakes in the area. This gets ridiculous

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep wondering why I have to fight USPS, Fed or UPS to deliver my packages to me. There's no roaming dogs, no fires, no bears, coyotes or snakes in the area. This gets ridiculous
Wow I’m so surprised to hear that someone else has so much trouble with mail/packages etc! Same here! It’s almost a joke around here. Sorry about that 😐

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy from Amazon a lot and the first incident I've ever had occured on Saturday. their
records show it was put in my mail box but it wasn't. I contacted them yesterday and a
new one will be sent.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I turkey labor cost is low so we have a very fast delivery system. I can't say the same for online sellers I was scammed by one of the most known company that makes huge reductions no one can compete with. This is if you make prepayment in full. The company took my money but never delivered and doesn't pay me back since the cancelation. Since the lock down consumer court has also suspended its functions.
With this fresh in my memory and thinking about all those workers who have to go to all over the place (some have caught covid 19) I try not to make online purchases. Wear my mask and gloves make a concise list and in and out of supermarket in 10 min. Once a week. I will of course I'm lucky that I live in the city on a busy street. There's one medium size supermarket just across my apartment.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, apparently I will be receiving some type of award from my college when they hold the award ceremony in May... I was asked to submit a head shot because of this! Been feeling so down on myself lately. So it was a nice surprise.

When I received an e-mail asking for nominations for teachers and such, I felt sad because my mind was determined there was no chance for me to be nominated by anyone for anything. My image of how I think I am and how others perceive me is often distorted. I see so many imperfections in how I talk with people and interact, partly because it is so noticeable to me changes in peoples facial expression, body language, and energy, sometimes I perceive "negative" changes thinking I said something wrong. In reality, if someone looks confused or more serious when I'm talking, I may be speaking very quietly and they have a hard time hearing me, so it is a look of concentration to understand what I'm saying and not that they are bored, etc.

So just a PSA reminder to everyone you are better thank you know and better than you think.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh willowmarie, you deserve to be recognized! You are intelligent, well read and always have words of wisdom I love to take in. Our perceptions of ourselves can (and often is) be skewed by our childhood. It leaves a lasting and incorrect picture of who we are. I’m sorry you feel that way but obviously your teachers don’t see you like you do, and neither do I, and people here who follow you ❤💕 congratulations 🎊

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
True, but it would take a bit of time :)

On my mind, nothing, after a busy productive day.
Not funny what ever you and sweet jane flash are saying and I still don't speak French. Is this an inside joke? If not would you please translate, I can do English, German and can make out Spanish.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
would you please translate,
I just used google translate - she said "you could learn".

trying to figure out what I need to type into TCS's search engine to try and find the post/thread where comparison pictures of canned cat food consistency were posted... - success, found it :)

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
FedEx did that to me for like 10 years. I finally blew up at them and gave them a piece of my mind. It never happened again. They know me by name now. :)
This was a replacement on one of my cams so it had to come directly from them instead of Amazon. What I don't like is the Fedex/Smart Post because with that you can't even go pick up the order. This has been a back and forth situation with the two of them this week.

I guess I'm miffed because 1. If my regular mail carrier is not at work (she has bad health) I just get no mail at all. and 2. This constant back and forth with the packages is atrocious. I don't get it. Mom gets her mail. I live at same address. Mine should be here. And if the mail carrier can bring our mail to us then she should bring the packages that are smart post as well. There's no contact at this point, they have masks and gloves. Now my regular mail carrier is back and she's being put upon to look through the Post Office and research why I did not get the package that I was supposed to have got on Monday. Seems now that the item is lost.

Just last week I got 5 pieces of mail that was mailed to me in 2009. My USPS is a joke.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I just used google translate - she said "you could learn".

Thanks. At my age I am not going to learn another language, 2 1/2 are enough for me and a heck of a lot more than the majority of Americans speak. Even "Babble" is more than I want to take up at this point although I have looked into it. Way back when I was 12 or so I had to take a course in Latin which I badly failed, mostly because I was out of school several times due to illness and had to be hospitalized, and I was surprised to find how much of that I remembered, particularly grammar and also some cognates, when took up Spanish when I was 30 and that was over 40 years ago..

trying to figure out what I need to type into TCS's search engine to try and find the post/thread where comparison pictures of canned cat food consistency were posted... - success, found it :)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very excited. We got the letter officially offering us the bigger apartment. The virus stuff slowed things down. But we have an appointment Tuesday to sign the papers and then we have 2 weeks to get moved. Across the sidewalk. So we won't need to rent a truck or anything. John will be doing most of it since I'm 7 weeks pregnant and can't do any lifting. But I'm very excited to have the extra space. And the whole building is ours. So no shared walls with neighbors!
We're one of three households who keep calling in noise complaints for the new neighbors next door to us. They're always pulling in with their car stereo blasting and enough bass to vibrate our windows at all hours of the day and night. And we currently share a wall with them and they play the same crap inside their house. They're probably getting evicted soon. And even if they don't, my annoyance level will be halved when we move cuz I won't have to listen to them through my walls anymore. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.