The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i let my cats have a small amount of my ben and jerrys ice cream
My husband would always give our last two cats a little bit of milk from his cereal bowl. They would wait on the floor and once he started drinking it from the bowl, they'd hop up onto the table because they knew it was almost time for their turn.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband would always give our last two cats a little bit of milk from his cereal bowl. They would wait on the floor and once he started drinking it from the bowl, they'd hop up onto the table because they knew it was almost time for their turn.
i get the strawberry cheesecake ben and jerrys ice cream

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's something funny. Today I was on my way to the store to get some cat food (aren't I always?) when Treasure comes running across the street to the backyard as I was getting in the car. I said "Just where do you think you're going?" and got a very short meow as a response, like "Be quiet. I'm on a mission". He never stopped to look at me, ask for a pet or anything. lol

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
Here's something funny. Today I was on my way to the store to get some cat food (aren't I always?) when Treasure comes running across the street to the backyard as I was getting in the car. I said "Just where do you think you're going?" and got a very short meow as a response, like "Be quiet. I'm on a mission". He never stopped to look at me, ask for a pet or anything. lol
sounds like he was after something

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha My neighbor's brother is over here cutting her lawn. He brought his big pit bull. Tourmaline is so big even Sally (the dog) is scared and runs away. I watching now on cam. Sally ran to the protection of Damon (the neighbor's brother)

Yea I think Treasure was after his food bowl lol

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been eating (and by we, mostly me) the top layer of our wedding cake we'd frozen for our one year anniversary, and the other day Sparkle was just on me and kept trying to get at it. Hazelnut cake with nutella filling. It was so bizarre and I kept telling her she didn't want it, but she was insistent she did.

I was mean and didn't let her have any, though.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Neighbor's brother told me a moment ago that the black cat (Sopdet) was spooky and creepy looking. I felt a bit offended and had to tell him that Sopdet was abused as a kitten which resulted in damaged vocal chords which is why she pretty much lights out of there when anyone comes around. He then mentioned the markings on her look weird. Why do people have to say that? He can obviously see how much I care for these cats as he's here every day.

I seem to be the only one Sopdet trusts; anyone else and she's out of there like a light. And if she gets spooked and runs off, Treasure goes with her, even if he isn't spooked (he's her support pal I think). So when the brother just started up the lawn mower, Sopdet flew and Treasure had to reluctantly follow her.

Either way that was pretty rude to say I think. How would he have felt if I said something similar about his pit bull that whimpered back to him after seeing Tourmaline?

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just ignore people like that. People say ignorant things all the time. You can't fix em; but you don't have to let them keep spouting ignorance to you. ;)

My BFF's had 3 pitbulls and all were complete babies. They are heavy, solid dogs. Her first was found on the street and had been in some kind of abusive situation and didn't like other dogs. But with people; and especially kids, she was the happiest and sweetest dog. Her current 2 are more likely to lick you to death than bite you. :lol: She had to kennel them when she altered some pants for me a few weeks ago because they were all up in everything looking for pets. :lol:

DH has had run-ins with several dogs at work. He says it's the small dogs you really have to watch. Usually the little dogs that try to bite just get his pants or socks. He's had 2 bites from bigger dogs. One we are 99% sure was accidental and a golden retriever who was bouncing around like he wanted to play. That just left a large bruised welt. The other was like a shepherd/doberman type mix and that one bled and left an orange size lump for over a year. Those big ones had to be reported. :cringe: I don't even know how many little dogs have tried to bite his ankles. They haven't done enough damage to need reporting. I've been nipped by 2 dogs. Both were chihuahua. :rolleyes2:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youngest broke my Boonie Boy. 😢 Not sure what happened but he spooked both Boone and Gracie earlier and they came flying up the stairs like a dog was after them. Son said all he did was walk up behind them down the hallway. Boone was so scared he climbed into the end table drawer which he hasn't done in a long time. Not even when I vacuum.

Even hours later, Boone is looking around like he is still freaked out and is hiding a lot. He won't even come to me when I call him.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching a video about how the Puritans banned theater, and I thought back to last year when I saw a wonderful performance of A Christmas Carol at Ford's Theatre. I had hoped to see The Nutcracker in Morgantown this year, but I guess that's out of the question.

It's like COVID's gone Puritan.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The places deemed highest risk here are places like night clubs (understandable, really) but the thing is, because restrictions on them have been so tight, night clubs at this point are safer than your average busy family restaurant. We just got bumped up to level 1.5 which bans dancing at clubs and forces them to close at 9pm.

Because...everyone knows you can't get Covid before 9pm? And also, I get that dancing generates heat/heavy breathing, but under 1.5 I don't think gym aerobic classes are cancelled yet....so...it's really just the plot of Footloose...

Korea is actively trying to promote "family values" with their Covid restrictions. They have even refused to provide economic relief funds to "nightlife" establishments even though they are the worst hit among small businesses (while this does include quote-unquote brothels, it also includes indie music venues, dance halls, and karaoke rooms)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For yesterday's mid-day meal, I fed Blue Buffalo Salmon. When I went to clean out the bowls, I noticed a lot of tiny bones in the dishes. Boone and Gracie aren't much in the way of fish eaters but the salmon came in a variety pack so I'm using it. Is it normal for the solo fish wet foods (meaning not mixed with other meats) to have so many bones in them? Going forward, I'll be more cautious about buying fish only food seeing that Boone and Gracie aren't fans of it.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
For yesterday's mid-day meal, I fed Blue Buffalo Salmon. When I went to clean out the bowls, I noticed a lot of tiny bones in the dishes. Boone and Gracie aren't much in the way of fish eaters but the salmon came in a variety pack so I'm using it. Is it normal for the solo fish wet foods (meaning not mixed with other meats) to have so many bones in them? Going forward, I'll be more cautious about buying fish only food seeing that Boone and Gracie aren't fans of it.
i didnt know that there were bones in it ... i hope the cats are ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.