The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best friend shaved her head in college. She kind of laughs now and said she wanted to see what it felt like and that it was a phase. Her hair has been almost every unnatural color possible. And she looked good that way. Some people don’t pull it off. 🤪 One time an attempt at pinks went bad and it ended up looking like a sunset. It was so pretty! But like; how?! I’d look sooo awkward. :lol: She’s never been afraid to be different. In some ways she and I are so opposite its like we are the same. I know that doesn’t make sense. But I’ve always been able to just be myself with her.

Anyway she’s had multiple rounds with cancer and been through chemo twice. So now that she’s healthy she’s got the longest hair I’ve seen on her since early in high school. :lol: She still rocked her bald head both times though. And a purple wig.;):lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend shaved her head in college. She kind of laughs now and said she wanted to see what it felt like and that it was a phase. Her hair has been almost every unnatural color possible. And she looked good that way. Some people don’t pull it off. 🤪 One time an attempt at pinks went bad and it ended up looking like a sunset. It was so pretty! But like; how?! I’d look sooo awkward. :lol: She’s never been afraid to be different. In some ways she and I are so opposite its like we are the same. I know that doesn’t make sense. But I’ve always been able to just be myself with her.

Anyway she’s had multiple rounds with cancer and been through chemo twice. So now that she’s healthy she’s got the longest hair I’ve seen on her since early in high school. :lol: She still rocked her bald head both times though. And a purple wig.;):lol:
I knew a lady who underwent chemo. She had stick straight hair before she lost it. Came back in with tight curls. She was so confused. :lol: Nobody recognized her.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! I always say I'm gonna shave my head but have never been brave enough. But what better time than during a pandemic? If I could work from home I probably would have done it by now. Enjoy!
Your hair looks great! I wish I could pull that off.
Cute! Did you do it yourself or get some help with the back?
Looks great! I remember when I gave myself a buzz cut (twice) and it was very freeing. I always recommend people do it at least once in their life if you don't mind it.
You're so beautiful you could wear your hair any style and you'd look amazing!!

Thanks everyone :heartshape: Yup! Did it myself. I started cutting my own hair in high school. Only the last 5 years or so I started using a hair shaver for the sides and back of my head, before that I did old school cut with just scissors. Everyone seems surprised how someone can cut the hair on back of their head, especially when my hair was an inch or less in back, but you just feel it and get it even. Buzzing makes it so much easier and faster though and glad I tried that!

It does feel freeing. Often cutting my hair into a different style is a great coping skill for me and brings relief and excitement. Feels good to have a change.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bolt has been on laying on the table undisturbed for at least 2 months now. He knew it was there. Why does it become interesting 10 seconds after I give him 20$ worths of toys. Why. I really don't understand.
Same reason why nothing interests Boone except when he sees I have a water bottle. He loves to carry around and play with the top. Cats are weird!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone seems surprised how someone can cut the hair on back of their head, especially when my hair was an inch or less in back, but you just feel it and get it even.
I tried cutting my own hair once and the back was easy. What I couldn't do was the top, because I didn't want it too short, and I didn't have enough hands to scissor it properly, lol. But yeah, clippering the back was no problem.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone seems surprised how someone can cut the hair on back of their head, especially when my hair was an inch or less in back, but you just feel it and get it even. Buzzing makes it so much easier and faster though and glad I tried that!
I mean, I often failed at trimming my bangs when I had them and they're right up there in the front, so the back seems like a great mystery to me. I also feel like when my principal did his hair last year near the beginning of the lock down, the back did not go well and he had to have his wife help, but I could be remembering wrong. Last spring was about ten years ago now, feels like.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bolt has been on laying on the table undisturbed for at least 2 months now. He knew it was there. Why does it become interesting 10 seconds after I give him 20$ worths of toys. Why. I really don't understand.
Such a typical cat 🤗 :loveeyes: I just bought my cats a new cat tree, but it seems they still spend way more time on their old, haha. Such a mind of their own. What toys did you get??

What I couldn't do was the top, because I didn't want it too short, and I didn't have enough hands to scissor it properly, lol. But yeah, clippering the back was no problem.
That makes sense. There have been a couple times my hair was trimmed shorter than what was envisioned before cutting, but in my case it grew back pretty quickly.

I mean, I often failed at trimming my bangs when I had them and they're right up there in the front, so the back seems like a great mystery to me. I also feel like when my principal did his hair last year near the beginning of the lock down, the back did not go well and he had to have his wife help, but I could be remembering wrong. Last spring was about ten years ago now, feels like.
Bangs seem tricky! They are so front and center and normally are done very straight looking. The closest thing to cutting in a line is when I have longer hair at the front, normally just above my chin or at my chin and angle is up so the angle goes right above my ears. Although, that seems easier than cutting bangs.

Oh, this reminded me of another style I've seen, but have never tried. There was a girl operating rides at a festival in my town and she had a fairly shaved down head, but had bangs in the front. Thought it looked so kool! Forgot about it until now. Not sure if I'm much of a bangs person though, but it looked so cute and bad butt on her.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here thinking that I’ll be turning 30 in January. As I self reflect, I am proud of all of the accomplishments and hurdles I’ve been through so far. I am actually looking forward to this milestone and see where the journey takes me. :redheartpump:
Congrats! That's such a lovely feeling being able to see how far you have come and feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment. Your outlook reminds me of my thinking. Some people tell me I'm too positive, haha, but I think this is an important outlook to have and should be embraced when you have it.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've considered something like this, but I'm not sure if my hair would cooperate:
:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:
#futurehairgoals That is so stinking cute! Wonder if she has thin or thick hair. Similar thinking wondering if my hair would cooperate and look as cute as my hair is very thin. Hers looks slightly thicker and has more volume.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles What is point cut? I bought some conair scissors at walmart years back that I still use. Something similar to this that have serrated edges. Helps to cut more precisely than regular blade scissors because it grips the hair when cutting. Conair 7" Barber Shears - Walmart.com

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
W WillowMarie Its a technique for how you move the scissors as you cut so you don’t get a blunt edge. Watching videos helped me a lot! I use a trimmer with guards on DH’s hair; but he likes it super short. DS doesn’t. I’ve really been fudging it with his but it turns out ok. And saves a lot of time.

I’ve been using the scissors that came with DH’s wahl timmer but they are just cheap.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were like no baggers at Jewel today so I had to help bag my stuff in between trying to squeeze past my cart.

I thought the point of being almost 8 months pregnant is that you didn't have to do stuff like that. I was exhausted and sore by the time everything was loaded in my car.

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The last few year DH has been using a clippers head 3/4" all over my head. I have never had the nerve to shave it all off to the scalp.
My hair used to be brown/black. I got my first gray hairs at 19 and dyed it for years. Then when I was turning 50 and was sick for 3 months the roots were really showing so I got it streaked to white. It has since grown out to be a pretty white (if I do say so myself.) My dads' family all had the same very white hair. They all started out towheads though.
j

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so the back seems like a great mystery to me
The back of my hair is easy to cut because it's all the same length, I just bring it around to the front in 2 sections, one on either side, and snip. I always wanted layers, but I'm scared they will screw it up. I could never do layers myself.

I thought the point of being almost 8 months pregnant is that you didn't have to do stuff like that.
Awww man, sorry they didn't help you more. Is it because of social distancing?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The back of my hair is easy to cut because it's all the same length, I just bring it around to the front in 2 sections, one on either side, and snip. I always wanted layers, but I'm scared they will screw it up. I could never do layers myself.

Awww man, sorry they didn't help you more. Is it because of social distancing?
I think they probably just didn't have enough people working. I know we're getting more restrictions, but I don't think bagging your own groceries is one of them! I'm just feeling a bit grumpy because even a month ago, it wouldn't have been this hard.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats! That's such a lovely feeling being able to see how far you have come and feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment. Your outlook reminds me of my thinking. Some people tell me I'm too positive, haha, but I think this is an important outlook to have and should be embraced when you have it.
Thank you!
I completely agree with you. It is awesome that you have a similar outlook as well!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they probably just didn't have enough people working. I know we're getting more restrictions, but I don't think bagging your own groceries is one of them! I'm just feeling a bit grumpy because even a month ago, it wouldn't have been this hard.
I actually prefer to bag my own groceries because the cashiers are so slow because they have to scan and then bag. It is just easier to bag stuff as they scan it so all I have to do is pay and get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.