The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
80 degrees yesterday in mid november!cant ever recall a day that hot in november in my 49 years of life really wondering how much worse this climate change is changing things add in all this election chaos its time to move to another planet or go live off the land some place remote :lol:
Husband and I are choosing the later in about 4 years. Find a house on the side of a mountain and pretend the rest of the world does not exist. January 2025 can't come soon enough.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, every since my attack the other day I've been waking up in the middle of the night feeling wheezing or that my lungs won't full take in a breathe. Seems my asthma got activated. Hoping I don't need to go back on daily medication. Please go away. Thank you.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, every since my attack the other day I've been waking up in the middle of the night feeling wheezing or that my lungs won't full take in a breathe. Seems my asthma got activated. Hoping I don't need to go back on daily medication. Please go away. Thank you.
My husband doesn't have asthma but he went through a time where his uvula would swell while he slept because of snoring and cut off his airway. He would literally wake up gasping for air. I can't imagine the panic of feeling like you can't breathe. I hope whatever activated your asthma goes away and you can sleep peacefully again.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Crying. Cooper is here and as usual because of the constant Mom tragedies I can't even visit with him. Ugh, he only shows up once or twice in every month or so. I'm so sad. He just walked away with his tail between his legs. I can't do this anymore with any of them. This is it. :(

Now to top it off my cams are giving me troubles. Ugh

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im hoping that everyone is doing well today . they are shutting down our state again due to covid stuff and im just so tired of it all
I agree. I think everyone is getting tired of Covid. Maryland went back a little and restaurants are now at only 50% capacity but we never dined out anyway. Churches scaled back too but we've been enjoying going to church via YouTube for the last several months so we weren't even going in person when the numbers of attendees could be higher anyway.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet said Harvey's pancreatic enzyme levels are elevated which is normal for stomach upset but she didn't really say much other than that. Said I could change his diet to hypoallergenic food or something like that. He's currently on sucralfate suspension. Wondering if I should be worried or not... But she didn't really seem concerned about doing additional test so... Wondering if he has ulcers or something. I've been having to keep a close eye on him constantly because he has big kitten energy and is super mischievous. Wondering if he ate something he shouldn't have. But then why would he be vomiting for this long? 😩

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I think everyone is getting tired of Covid. Maryland went back a little and restaurants are now at only 50% capacity but we never dined out anyway. Churches scaled back too but we've been enjoying going to church via YouTube for the last several months so we weren't even going in person when the numbers of attendees could be higher anyway.
i go to church once in awhile but they do a live service on facebook too so i might be staying home some more until they re-open stuff again .not much else going on here just staying healthy and warm

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really miss going to Church. My church is open. They are following all the guidelines. They are doing a Zoom Mass on Saturdays; which is telecast the next day, on my building's closed circuit TV station.
I can watch that, or there is alway one of the Catholic Channels on Sunday.

I miss going, in person. The problem is: My church is huge. over 100 years old, and has a very poor ventilation system. I am very wary of attending it because of the ventilation issue. They did have to close down for several days, due to a funeral attendee coming down with Covid. Had to get a special cleaning company in to deep clean it.

I dearly miss being part of the community, the parish.

I watch it on TV, but it is not the same.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband doesn't have asthma but he went through a time where his uvula would swell while he slept because of snoring and cut off his airway. He would literally wake up gasping for air. I can't imagine the panic of feeling like you can't breathe. I hope whatever activated your asthma goes away and you can sleep peacefully again.
Yikes, that's terrifying to wake up like that. Thank you <3

im hoping that everyone is doing well today . they are shutting down our state again due to covid stuff and im just so tired of it all
Things are closing up again here, too. Restaurants cannot do any indoor dining at all and the dmv was closing for 3 weeks. The governor (?) was saying that people need to work on precautions again or things may shut down more. My state has been pretty proactive with taking precautions.

90 degrees right now you cold weather states need to share some of that cold weather :lol:
Where you at?? Sending you some of this crisp, refreshing 30-40 degree air :vibes:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now Tourmaline is scared of me. All I do for these cats and now this. Sopdet has not calmed down, Treasure seems put out with me and now Tourmaline. I do so much for these cats. I set up cams to watch them. I try and scare off the raccoons so they not only leave food for the cats but don't become dependent upon humans (always failing but I always try). And it's this constant all the time. I really really really can't do this any longer. These cats really will be better off at some other colony and I'll just accept my horrible karma that is coming to me. :(

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My septic system is out of commission so I’m going to have to do laundry and shower at her house this week.
A mother that lets you use her washing machine? She sounds wonderful. I like her already. ❤

go live off the land some place remote
Oh heck no. I'm already doing that. I want to move to civilization. 🏪

you cold weather states need to share some of that cold weather
Sure! You can take it all. I'm so cold! 🥶

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really miss going to Church. My church is open. They are following all the guidelines. They are doing a Zoom Mass on Saturdays; which is telecast the next day, on my building's closed circuit TV station.
I can watch that, or there is alway one of the Catholic Channels on Sunday.

I miss going, in person. The problem is: My church is huge. over 100 years old, and has a very poor ventilation system. I am very wary of attending it because of the ventilation issue. They did have to close down for several days, due to a funeral attendee coming down with Covid. Had to get a special cleaning company in to deep clean it.

I dearly miss being part of the community, the parish.

I watch it on TV, but it is not the same.
My church puts Mass on youtube. It's nice to watch with a cup of coffee on Sunday mornings, but definitely not the same. I just don't feel safe despite their precautions.

Things are closing up again here, too. Restaurants cannot do any indoor dining at all and the dmv was closing for 3 weeks. The governor (?) was saying that people need to work on precautions again or things may shut down more. My state has been pretty proactive with taking precautions.
But he won't close down schools and is leaving it up to the districts who keep changing their metrics. I'm not sure what good closing the DMV will do if people gather with families for Thanksgiving and then send their kids back to school. My bubble is already pretty small, but I'm figuring out how to close it more (it doesn't help that things keep coming up - like my car is in the shop getting repaired which needs to be done before baby gets here because I'm not driving my baby around in a broken car).

Status
Not open for further replies.