The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also milk. Or cream, preferably. An alternative if that's too messy for the situation is to dip each forkful in a glass of milk/coffee. Pancakes and waffles get milk/cream too, until they're soggy. Sandwiches are best dipped in soup (milk is only good with peanut butter sandwiches). I know it's weird but I just can't handle dry bread-y stuff.
you can buy shortbread or waffle cakes, soak them with condensed milk or jam, cool and cut :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Treasure has been in and out of the yard. Tourmaline as well. Sopdet hasn't returned but she's kind of the smart one and stays where it's dry and warm, unlike Treasure who thinks he knows more than I do but always comes back wet and near frozen. Ugh

Sopdet has not returned. Normally I don't worry about her but after last night's horrendous storm and the storm door fiasco I'm a bit concerned. Treasure's running around looking for her when he's not play fighting with Tourmaline.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sopdet is back. Terrified. I guess the wind really unsettled her. She won't even let me go near without crouching and hissing at me. I wonder how far away she was when that door was torn from the hinges? Time Lapse showed she was gone for 20 to 30 minutes so I'm a bit confused. At least she's safe. Now I have to start all over with her again. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Sopdet is scared of me again I have to start all over taming her again. I spent 2 years working with her and it was all UNDONE because of this wind. Five times she was here since Noon and each time she either ran or hissed at me. It does look like Treasure was not taken as he's now laying next door. Tourmaline keeps avoiding everyone unless it's Treasure, Sopdet or myself.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold, windy day today. Took a refreshing walk in the park. Sat against a tree for a while and could tell there was a wind advisory. The wind rushed at my from the left and felt my body sway a bit, haha. Felt amused by that. The wind chased away the traffic noises and it was pretty serene out today.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a problem, I can, will, and do, make more!

Actually, "defunding" is a misnomer, and many places have had decreased problems, partially because domestic violence calls, for instance, are answered by a policeman AND a social worker. In many instances, arrests have been avoided. "Defunding" is more a...reassignment of funding to allow outreach to partner with police. HOWEVER...this can be a fraught topic, and should go to IMHO, imho.
This is a very touchy subject so I just want to say this and then move on. I am all for dealing with overbloated police budgets that cost the taxpayer, but doesn't truly serve the greater good. What I am truly against is knee-jerk political decisions where no real research was done on the subject and thus causing more harm than good. This happened where I live and as mentioned crime went through the roof. People are leaving because it has gotten so bad.☹ That's the sad fact.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m trying to decide what crockpot meal to make my mother. My septic system is out of commission so I’m going to have to do laundry and shower at her house this week. She said she doesn’t want anything but dinner in a crockpot. They try to eat healthy; so I’m thinking yellow potatoes and baby carrots with lemon garlic chicken. It’ll be brothy instead of having gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.