The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the novelty and excitement of the new tree cat tree already wear off? :lol: to be fair, I just finished and they started sleeping in the old tree after their last exploration when the last tier was installed, but I was stillworking on finishing touches. One of the sleeping towers will not be added as it would almost touch the ceiling.

20201103_153701.jpg
20201103_153725.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats a nice looking tree
Wow! Nice tree!
Thank you! They were due for a new one.

pefect spot to spy from :)
Yes, seems to be perfect height for bird and squirrel watching.

is that one huge tree? all connected?
Yes, the one in my last post, the last picture, is all one cat tree! The reviews said it was sturdy, which my older cat tree has been wobbly as it is now placed on carpet. The younguns race each other up and down the tree and it was making me nervous how the tree swayed... I may keep the old one and back it up against a wall, but take the top three tiers, which are very wobbly now. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may keep the old one and back it up against a wall, but take the top three tiers, which are very wobbly now. :)
You've probably already done this, but go in with the allen wrench that came with the new tree and tighten everything down. That usually gets a few more months out of an old tree, IME.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20201103_164201.jpg

I got home from work and went over to the cats' house to feed them. They were all around the dish eating and I heard frantic meowing. Did somebody get closed in a different room? I did a cat count---all there! Still heard meowing. Went outside and walked around the house and didn't see or hear anything. Went back in and heard meowing again. Went back outside. . .this little girl was ON TOP of the cat enclosure, trying desperately to get in. I suppose the big cats told her there was plenty of food. But she wouldn't come to me. I managed to lure her inside the enclosure with food so she's safe at least, and absolutely ravenous. The adult cats were fully accepting of her immediately, maybe she's been hanging around outside the enclosure for a few days and I never noticed. I'll have to text the neighbor to see if they know where she came from, but usually she (the neighbor) texts me first every time she sees a strange cat, so probably not. Sigh. I hope she wasn't dumped on purpose, maybe she got up in the engine of a car and jumped out at the stop sign. I'll post her on the lost and found pages but I doubt anybody will claim her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, she's so beautiful! I want her. You're so lucky. 😍
I'll ship her to you! Lol.

I mean, I'm used to cats showing up; that's what happens when you live out of town. But the calico is the first one who tried to break in!

This little guy showed up last month. This trend better not continue!

20200907_203220.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.