The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wind is really bad. Just had a huge limb fall right outside youngest's room. Doesn't appear it hit the roof but it is close. I heard it fall and my room is on the other side of the house!! If I wasn't already having a hard time sleeping, I really will now!!! We have large trees on three sides of our house.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh!! Add Whole Earth Farms Duck flavor to the list of "nopes". I had to mix in some Tiki Cat to get them to eat it. I will find somebody who wants both the chicken and duck flavors to give away and then hit the store for a brand I know they will eat.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wind is really bad. Just had a huge limb fall right outside youngest's room. Doesn't appear it hit the roof but it is close. I heard it fall and my room is on the other side of the house!! If I wasn't already having a hard time sleeping, I really will now!!! We have large trees on three sides of our house.
we do not allow trees to grow above roof level :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can't you cut down old trees in your area and plant new ones?
There are miles of trees so no, we can't cut down all the dead ones. We try to cut the ones we see that may fall on the house but then you have a random tree that falls on another tree and causes a domino effect. Or one of our neighbors' trees falls and takes out a couple of our cars like what happened during Hurricane Irene several years ago .

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But burning grilled cheese is practically criminal!! It's CHEESE! :whistle::lol:

My mother fell asleep while making chicken soup one evening when I was about 9. Our cat Tinsel woke her up when the apartment started to fill with smoke. I was in my room practicing my flute with a little rug pushed up to the door to hold my sheet music because I didn't have a stand. Tinsel saved us! And our neighbors. :catlove:

It's super windy here still. We have lost some long limbs; but our big tree is a silver maple so that's normal. One must be 10' tll but it's not very thick. This is blowing all the leaves off my tree. And all the leaves out of the yard. I still haven't found the coin pouch my mom dropped. I was looking for paper money. But it was bright colored she told me this morning so I would have noticed it last night I think. I did find a Laffy Taffy in the grass. :lol:

We are supposed to have that tree thinned out next week but if all the leaves are gone they'll have to wait till spring. Thinning it should help the tree stay healthier and more stable. I love having the trees because they help cool the house and give us a nice place to sit outside. Plus they bring the birds. I was watching the big woodpecker out there a few minutes ago.:redheartpump: The critters need places to live too. :redheartpump: There is an oak growing too close to my property line. The tree looks wild so it might not last. It's growing from where there was an old propane tank sitting from the old house that was on there. I'm pretty sure DH cut it down a couple times when he used to help the old lady with her yard work. So it's all suckers and shoots. There isn't one real trunk to it yet. I'm pretty sure it was "planted" by a local squirrel. :lol:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Had snow last night for the first time in Southern Ontario. I usually love winter more than any other season but recently, I've been dreading it. The days are shorter so less sun and the isolation on top of that from the pandemic. Can't really do anything when the sun is setting at 4:30 and it's -30degrees outside.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all love you!!
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Thank you!! <3

You're lucky. My friends got tired of hearing about all the things my mother does to torture me. Too disturbing I guess.
I've spent a lot of time finding people who are more healthy and are able to hold space for me to process, share, and recognize me like I do for me. Most have been through similar things and we get each other on a different level than someone who hasn't been through similar. Years ago when I first starting opening up and sharing things about myself, so many invalidated, minimized, and even said maybe my perception was wrong and things weren't really like that. It really hurt, especially because these were people I supported when they needed support and understanding. But it led me on my journey to find people who care as genuinely about me as I do for them. That started about 6 years ago, and I've finally found some people in the last couple of years, both online and off, that I can now call very good, supportive friends and feel like we both put effort in to support each other.

It's a process. Be kind to yourself. :heartshape: It may seem lucky, although I like to think of it more as continuing to work on myself, putting in boundaries, and working to cultivate relationships that are showing healthy patterns of relating and communicating. It gets easier for me to spot not as healthy behavior sooner, and allows me to pull back from these people.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
working to cultivate relationships that are showing healthy patterns of relating and communicating. It gets easier for me to spot not as healthy behavior sooner, and allows me to pull back from these people.
I wish I could spot this ahead of time. It hurts too much to invest that much in friendships and then be abandoned. Or maybe I can learn not to care, not to let it hurt me, like sort of put up a wall? I don't know. I just know I have to do something different. People are so disappointing. The worst is when they say "You could get out if you really wanted to." It's really expensive to change your life. I have to make sure that I can provide for Demi & Maggie before I make my great escape. I can't leave for something worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.